• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
Benedict

The Mayors of Ellis Valley - Year of the Monkey stamps are here!

1,454 posts in this topic

But how to choose one if they are so many!! I think i'll go with the llama ;)

1 person likes this

Man, this is one that I cannot choose from.  ALL are collectables and all are equally great looking and historically significant.  

1 person likes this

Awesome set! Celebrate Schulman Day! :)

2 people like this

Replies:

Hi, MTT91. There will be some answers, of course. 

Hi, MTT92. Delivered! Happy Schulman Day.

Hi, Hester. True! Happy Schulman Day.

Hi, Schulmanator. Happy Schulman Day!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

We're one week into the cultural philatelic exchange between the Universal Feline Postal Union and EllisMail to celebrate Schulman Day... stamped cards will be available for one more week (see previous page for selection).

EllisMail is working hard to get the celebratory cards delivered with minimal delay.

nicl.jpg

The special postmark for the occasion recognizes Her Supremeness, and is only issued at the Wirdle Street Post Office. How do you get there? This map should help...

lfgo.jpg

Just a quick ride on the Port Sinclair Monorail Peninsula Line to Wirdle Street Station, a short walk along a lovely street, and you're there, where Mavis runs the local PO from her quaint house. Mind you don't scuff her newly painted porch...

1ubr.jpg

Happy Schulman Day from everyone at EllisMail!

3iqu.jpg

2 people like this

Awesome! Enjoy the whole month of Schulmanuary!!! I did not know where the Wirdle Street Station was until now. I will need to pay it a visit. Maybe the BFA will need to open an office on that street?

1 person likes this

Oh I am so glad to at last have directions to Wirdle Street Station.  I have asked and used my GPS device but somehow I always wind up at Woodpecker and Sinclair Yds.  Sheesh!  Now I'm good to go.  

1 person likes this

Thanks again for the card! I really like your maps by the way :)

1 person likes this

Nice work on this CJ, I will have to read through the rest of it sometime! :)

1 person likes this

Replies:

Hi, Schulmanator. That station's been on the map for a while. 

Hi, Hester. You probably should have been using the VPS - Valley Positioning System. No need to hang around the dodgy Yards any more.

Hi, MTT9. Glad you liked it - now here's an opportunity for a bonus card. I like making transit maps for my cities - all the stations exist in game.

Hi, Ceafus 88. Thanks! If this is your first visit to the valley I hope it won't be your last. Great avatar, too.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

3iqu.jpg

In a surprise move, EllisMail has issued stamps to celebrate the new Lunar Year of the Horse.

You know the drill... If you want a card sent to your CJ or private messages post below. And if there's a town you want to see on the postmark, let me know.

p7x1.jpg

Sorry I'm new here. How can I get those postcards? Hmmm. They look interesting. :)

1 person likes this

I'll have a random one please :)

2 people like this

Mister-Ed-eyeglasses1.jpg

I'll need one of course of course...

2 people like this

Those look good enough to be called into service by the P.O.  :yes:

1 person likes this

Sorry for being late, Sir, but can I have a horse yet?

1 person likes this

Wow. I am amazed Ellis Valley and Schulmania are sister cities! Nice touch of cultural exchange.

1 person likes this

Answering fanmail:

Hi, jmsepe. Welcome to Ellis Valley! All you have to do is ask for a card and EllisMail takes care of the rest..

Hi, MTT9. Delivered! And I know you'll be excited for more storyline.

Hi, Schulmanator. A horse, mailed, of course.

Hi, Hester. Thanks for the compliment - maybe a little too stylized for the PO.

Hi, Schriefer. Sent. And I think this is your first time in Ellis Valley - welcome!

Hi, jmsepe2. Both Schully and I like making stamps for our CJs, so it seemed like a fun thing to do. Took us 7+ years to do something collaborative, though.

season5banner.jpg

Episode 5.32 First blood...

The guests arrive at the Chateau by limousine...

2Anz8Si.jpg

...from Solante and Corbeville, Audestine and Vanile, Remillard and Tremonde, Brumen and Ceres, Charnay and Casaubon and Guiry.

mktDK5z.jpg

Inside the Chateau...

dJ7rfxs.jpg

...Alain Deschains is pouring red wine for everyone. 

"An apéritif before dinner," toasts Alain. "Oh, I know, red wine isn't usually served before dinner, but I couldn't resist how wonderful it looks swirling in the glass. Almost as thick as blood, no?" He laughs, but all the while his eyes dart from guest to guest, seeing who is amused, who is disturbed. A couple of shaky hands, people trying to calm their nerves. Bon!

"I hope to have a very spirited discussion this evening," he continues. "Particularly with you, Alexis." Poor Alexis almost drops her glass. And everyone else relaxes just the tiniest bit, knowing that they won't be the first target of the evening. "Yes, some interesting construction over in Tremonde that we need to chat about." The blood drains from Alexis' face. Damn Alain and his spies.

Next: Soup!

2 people like this

Soup lol! Maybe we will discover what Alexis Calais has been hiding :)

1 person likes this

I will tell you the truth...I LOVE this!

1 person likes this

I think intrigue is on the menu... with a side order of watch out!!!!

1 person likes this

Great! Now it's my second time on Ellis Valley :)

Thank you for the horse, Sir, nice update!

1 person likes this

Nice region you got there, and first time I've seen that castle used in a long time.

1 person likes this

THAT REGION. How come it isn't rectangular?  :???:

Great night shot at the castle, BTW.

1 person likes this

Answering fanmail:

Hi, MTT9. The answer to your question is going to be revealed...

Hi, Hester. Thanks! I know it is fun to do all the peripheral goodies, but the story should go on.

Hi, Schulmanator. Intrigue? In Ellis Valley? Blink. Blink. Innocent blink.

Hi, Schriefer. After two bites of Ellis Valley, you may just be hooked. And glad to see that EllisMail reached you in good time.

Hi, MarkusJ. Thanks. The other place that uses the castle as its nefarious HQ is Queensferry.

Hi, jmsepe. I took images of these cities separately and stitched them together in photoshop. They are part of a much larger, rectangular region. Ah, yes, night at the castle.....

season5banner.jpg

Episode 5.32 The tower

After Alain's initial volley, soup is being served to the guests at the Chateau....

dJ7rfxs.jpg

"Alexis..." starts Alain. The other guests still their conversations to watch her squirm.

"Alain," says Alexis coldly.

"Perhaps some at the table have noticed that, of all the mayors invited, you are the only one that governs a town that is south of the river..."

mktDK5z.jpg

"So?" says Alexis.

"Well, you are that much closer to the other mayors, that much closer to those who may not share our views."

"I'm just as dedicated to the nord-ouest cause as anyone else here, Alain," says Alexis calmly. A few guests nod in agreement, although most think it more prudent not to commit one way or the other.

"Ah, dedication to the cause. I'm so glad you brought that up. If you're so dedicated to the cause, then why did you approve this..." A projector whirs and clicks into action, and an image is projected against one of the walls of the dining hall.

aJXIypR.jpg

There are more than a few sharp intakes of breath. "Ben Tower... really, Alexis, fraternizing with the enemy?" 

Next: Betrayal?

1 person likes this

That tower may be a replica of one I've seen in Mordor...

Much like the soup just served, the plot thickens...

1 person likes this

Boy, i have just realised that the chateau was in that region view!!!

Answering fanmail:

Hi, MTT9. Yes, it is there. I think that everything I have done so far, with the exception of added graphics like Maud's weird election dream, exist in game. Even though the transport systems don't work as though they have 'lines', all the track and stations shown on my transit maps are present in game as well.

Hi, Schulmanator. Mordor? That seems a bit drastic as a comparison... or maybe not.

season5banner.jpg

Episode 5.34 Fish

Alexis is lost for words. She decides that silence is the best course. The clinking of spoons in dishes is the only thing to be heard in the dining hall.

"I know, Alexis, Ben Tower represents investment in your town that is a boon to your economy," says Alain.

aJXIypR.jpg

Looking around the table he says, "And don't think that because I chose to ask Alexis about her questionable business deals first that any of the rest of you are immune." The clatter of cutlery comes to a sudden end. The guests pause, unsure of how to proceed. Speak out? Storm out? More soup?

Finally, Alain breaks the quiet. "Time to bring in the fish course!"

dJ7rfxs.jpg

Next: Fishy

1 person likes this

Something fishy INDEED!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

I know everything is in game, is just i was wandering where the chateau was and it was right before my eyes :lol:

Love those chapter titles by the way ;)

1 person likes this

You have an extremely engaging style about you.  I know I said that before but it is so.

1 person likes this

I can't seem to get all the pics and that's sad cause I love this CJ.

1 person likes this