SimCity (2013) Modding - Open Discussion

Open discussion, speculation, research & development on modding SimCity (2013).

664 topics in this forum

• 660 replies
    • 614 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 818 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• PEG Marina Set Slope Issue
      By SimCoug · Posted
      Can you post a picture?  It will be much easier to solve the issue with quick look at the problem?
    • New To SC4 Modding
      By Flindoo · Posted
      Thanks! These seem an excellent way to start. One thing I was interested in: I've seen pictures and videos of people who have 1x1 and 2x2 ploppable tree lots to fill in spots like along a diagonal road. Any suggestions for something like that?
    • Did someone test playing SimCity 4 on Windows 10?
      By timmie · Posted
      Always back up your stuff before an upgrade. You never know what can go wrong. The Windows 10 upgrade is probably the smoothest there has ever been, but still.
    • PEG Marina Set Slope Issue
      By DrPfaffinator · Posted
      I am having some major problems trying to make a marina in one of my coastal cities. I have lots of experience with the seaports (CDK, OWW2, etc..) and have never had any issues with slope before. I am aware that the marina is slope tolerant to allow the docks to sit on the water surface, however when placed side by side the two adjoining lots now don't line up evenly. There is no issue on the front (land) or back (water) side, but the slope is extremely inconsistent piece to piece along the harbor. Basically my poor Sims have to walk down the boardwalk and take a leap of 8-10 feet to jump down to the parking lot docks. SO, I figured that I needed to make sure my slopes were perfectly flat (even though I had used a combo of road and RHW flattening). I smashed out blocks of RCI and a highway and did a quick level god mode brush and started over building in a perfectly straight coast and even slopes both below and above water. The same damn thing happened. I am pretty sure in the past when I downloaded the PEG Marinas originally I had this problem and just gave up but now my city really needs a nice marina for the richy-rich folks. Please advise.
    • New To SC4 Modding
      By rsc204 · Posted
      Take it slowly, it's all too easy to feel like a kid in a candy store and go on a downloading spree at first, but due to the nature of how SC4 modding works, you'll soon come unstuck if you just pack your plugins folder full of stuff in a hurry. The NAM is a must have though :). Right now, you want to make sure you've installed the I-HT fix and a few other fixes for problems Maxis never got round to solving.  A search for Maxis Fixes should bring these up easily. Next, I'd recommend simply starting out with a Terrain Mod, Water Mod, Rock Mod and a Tree Controller to begin with. These will dramatically change how your game looks and add a large amount of personalisation to a region. IRM (Industrial Revolution Mod) for me is a must, it takes the Maxis Industry and makes it what it should always have been. SPAM (SimPeg Agricultural Mod) does pretty much the same for farming, perfect for anyone who's interested in more than just large cities with skyscrapers.
  • Topics