SimCity (2013) Modding - Open Discussion

Open discussion, speculation, research & development on modding SimCity.

688 topics in this forum

• 675 Replies
    • 616 Replies
    • 1 Reply
    • 1 Reply
    • 0 Replies
    • 17 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 3 Replies
    • 10 Replies
    • 1 Reply
    • 0 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 821 Replies
    • 2 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 5 Replies
    • 16 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 1 Reply
    • 7 Replies
    • 16 Replies
    • 95 Replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

•  

• Simtropolis Challenges Recent Winner

• New Topics

• Recent Posts

• The trick, I think, is to never scrap a city unless you really, really don't like it, not because you think you can do a different change. If that's really the case, make a new city, and try it out in that. Then, if it works, open up your old city and try to modify it. The game tutorials are not terrible, as they at least give you a handle on the game. But they don't really go too far into it. Remember that you always need at least an Elementary, High School, and a Library to raise and maintain your EQ to 120+. A community college is a really cheap way to give a boost, and museums/university are nice, but TBH you only need the primary school bits (+library for adult Sims) to give yourself a head start on Education. Not scrapping cities forces you to be able to troubleshoot and fix your city's problems. Starting over unfortunately doesn't replicate these problems, and unfortunately because the simulation is surprisingly complex (even if its roots are simple), and not every city is the same, you will undoubtedly run into at least trouble in one of your cities in the future where scrapping will be a very painful option; it is easier to solve these problems if you learn the technique (whatever works for you) now, while you have baby cities and [relatively] small amounts of time invested. Scrapping a city will be less of an option once you have 30+ hours into one city, which believe me happens way more often than I'd like to think, given the number of cities that I have and how undeveloped a lot of them are. I'm sure I have a few cities with well over 150 hours into them.
    • I was under the impression he uses a VM. But yeah, if you're using an Aspyr port, I think you're outta luck.