• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Help us reach our June donation goal   06/12/2017

If you can, please help us reach our June donation goal!  Please note that the STEX Collector's Set gift can now be sent to you by digital download, as well as by mail! Simtropolis runs mostly on donations, as you know, every dollar helps us keep things up and running and bring in improvements from time to time. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

Simtropolis hardware upgrade - can you help?   06/21/2017

We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our aging server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the additional load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task.  You may have noticed that we've been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we work out allocating resources for more optimal performance. We've also applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is something we'd like to be able to upgrade. The last time we upgraded hardware was a in 2012. Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Your contribution means a lot!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

SimCity (2013)

Forums

1. SimCity (2013) General Discussion

General discussion for SimCity (2013).

2. SimCity (2013) Modding - Open Discussion

Open discussion, speculation, research & development on modding SimCity.

Organize your Region Games here: start, advertise, recruit, or offer to join.

A collection of picture topics to show various aspects of your SimCity (2013) city-building ventures.

Ask your questions here and get answers for bugs, hardware, performance, installation or other technical issues.

No registered users viewing this page.

• Featured Topics

• New Topics

• Recent Posts

• Yes, the CD version will work just fine.  Have you installed the EP1 update?  You will need to be fully patched in order to get NAM running.  There are lots of threads detailing how to get the update, here's one I just found quickly. 
    • Truck weigh station (functional)   Hello!  When I finished toll booth I decided make TWS. Its just neccessary have it around at least one highway. I started thinking how can I do it "like in real". Here is little graph: Every truck has to visit this TWS. Cars (service, etc..) can follow only green lane. Trucks follow blue line to weigh scale point where they stopped for few seconds //there is stop sign (red lines). If trucks weight "isnt right", then truck has to follow yellow line into inspection barn (here its starting be little tricky. I builded two industry buildings-mobile office from Beardmonkey. These buildings entrance is exactly in barn (for us its looking like there is some search of trucks trailer - trailer is staying at one position for few seconds). Sometimes truck dissapears in barn because truck delivered goods into industry office buildings (we can imagine like some prohibited stuff was found) or continues to parking lot (cannot imitate functional way) OR can goes again on highway. Trucks CANNOT go on green line, but when truck is going from yellow, he hasnt any other choice - he continues on green lane next to weigh scale (which is as perfect as it can be).   Speed limits are mostly 30.   For me, as man who never visited weigh station in real life it was really hard. Of course I was searching google pictures, but it wasnt exactly what the game allows. So I started with my own system. Dont know if this can be workable in real life.  And here is short video just for showcase (didnt record final version yet): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLJBnmc5boY This "little project" took me few hours but I hope some of you will enjoy it! I appreciate every feedback! Critism is also welcome! 
    • I have a slightly older version of SimCity 4 and SimCity 4 rush hour for Windows on separated cd's.  The SimCity 4 game it self is on 2 cd's. I have to change cd's half way through installing SimCity 4. When that is done then I have to put in the  SimCity 4 rush hour cd. Will the NAM plugin mod work with this  slightly older version of SimCity 4 and SimCity 4 rush hour that I have? The SimCity 4 and rush hour cd's have been running good since I got them new. I would hate to have to replace them for the newer set just to beable to use the NAM.  I just now downloaded the NAM plugin   Steve
    • PESA Link II: Cleyra Regio Train version 2+2: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=953120902 Prop version:         http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=953121158 I also LOVED SKETCHFAB: https://sketchfab.com/models/e8836fb4ca2b4cdfbbd7166c262d4f09