• Moose

SimCity (2013)

1. SimCity (2013) General Discussion

General discussion for SimCity (2013).

2. SimCity (2013) Modding - Open Discussion

Open discussion, speculation, research & development on modding SimCity.

3. SimCity (2013) Region Games

Organize your Region Games here: start, advertise, recruit, or offer to join.

4. SimCity (2013) Concepts & Experiments

The concepts of planning, building and managing your SimCity (2013) cities, including game experiments.

5. SimCity (2013) Technical Help Q&A

Ask your questions here and get answers for bugs, hardware, performance, installation or other technical issues.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Simtropolis Challenges Recent Winner

• New Topics

• Recent Posts

• Got some ideas? Here's a place where you can recommend any improvements to Simtropolis.  It's about time we had one of these. Even though the site continues to develop, we'd love to hear your thoughts on how it can be further refined and made better for everyone. Whether it be a simple layout/design tweak, or a completely brand new feature, post away in this thread! While we can't promise everything will be possible or implemented, each idea will be read and considered. I'm sure you'll appreciate there are limitations, both technically and financially.   Guidelines For clarity, please keep one idea per post. Double posts are acceptable if you've more than one idea at once.
      Note: To prevent successive replies from auto-merging, you may need to wait 5 minutes.
        Give a subheading, explaining briefly what the idea is.
        Explain the idea -- it helps to give as much detail as possible. Pictures or diagrams are acceptable, but not required.
        Why would this be of benefit to the community?
        If you value anyone's idea, please Like it to show your support. This helps to give a rough indication of how well an idea is received.
        If commenting on an idea, please quote/copy the subheading so it's clear what is being discussed.   To report any issues with an existing site feature, or something not working as intended, please instead use the Bugs Thread.   Thanks all! -The Admins
    • In my opinion, our dependence on fossil organics, livestock, and non-eco-friendly chemicals determines a path of exponential entropy in the chemical balance of the living planet.    All current systems of human technology, resource use, and material culture are accelerating toward a non-viable condition for sustaining any organic structure on this planet above a few base nucleotides.   So from my point-of-view you seem to be thinking in the right direction.   
    • @calpolyfan I agree with most of your points. As a child, I always loved the old SimCity games. The games were challenging and realistic, and I always felt like a real mayor. C:SL is a casual game. The simulation is a joke, the graphics are awful. There are many design failures, like the zoning system, the growable/wealth simulation, the oversimplified network system, the broken economy. There is no way to fix these fundamental problems in this version of the game. DLCs can not fix it. That's why this game became a city painter, and that really makes me sad. It could have been more. The game is still the best 3D city building game. Now we got two ways to proceed: 1. Fix the game with mods. This might take a few years, but it is possible. I thibk we can fix at least 80% of the issues, especially simulation-related ones. 2. Create a new (open source) game that targets a mature audience. I think a group of mod developers and asset creators could pull this off. It would also take a few years.