• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

Cities: Skylines Showcase

A collection of picture topics to show various aspects of your Cities: Skylines city-building ventures.

110 topics in this forum

• 592 Replies
    • 426 Replies
    • 336 Replies
    • 52 Replies
    • 632 Replies
    • 580 Replies
    • 166 Replies
    • 84 Replies
    • 25 Replies
    • 56 Replies
    • 3 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 77 Replies
    • 3 Replies
    • 43 Replies
    • 7 Replies
    • 51 Replies
    • 1 Reply
    • 2 Replies
    • 1 Reply
    • 0 Replies
    • 3 Replies
    • 6 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 0 Replies
    • 3 Replies
    • 0 Replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Featured Topics

• New Topics

• Recent Posts

• Ah, OK. Whatever. See where I'm at with all this technical stuff? But I do have somewhat good news: I finished rebuilding my plugins folder and everything is just peach. I did leave out many Folders/files out that I don't think are important. I ran SC4 for a few runs (years) and so far all is very good. Of course the NAM-GLR it's still unwelcome. What should I do about it as it seems to be an important MOD. Re-install it? Re-install the NAM? What about that? Do I really need it? @rsc204: Merci beaucoup!
    • Hello everyone, beginner with a question here So I understand at a superficial level what the RCI graph mean: if there's green above zero, zone more residentials, same for the rest etc... Now what I'm unclear about, is what exactly is the unit used? I had assumed the R bars showed workers needed by the various industries/services, arnd the rest was how many positions of the various types your existing pops need. But after some quick and dirty tests, I'm utterly confused.    Here is a quick town of 200 (no education, ~60% of working age), in which I zoned ~130 jobs worth of dirty industry. About 80% of the positions there are filled. The RCI graph doesn't look all that different from an empty city, I assume the game always starts you off with a bit of demand to help get things running and avoid a no-demand downward spiral from the start. Anyhow, the ID graph reads ~1000 demand.  But after zoning another tiny dirty industry zone ( query tool and pop/job  graph tells me it's about 24 jobs total, 20 filled) to the south of the existing one, my ID demand falls to... 500?! I'm obviously confused here. What do those numbers mean? It can't be outright jobs unless the RCI graph multiplies every unit by 20? Does it? What am I missing? 
    • If you want to create realistic looking cities, you will find that the huge number of options that sc4 offers in this regard will mean that you won't  have to worry about map size. The amount of time it would take to fill a large tile whilst making it really (i appreciate that is subjective, but there are some CJs and MDs that do really nail realism and detail) realistic and detailed would be plenty enough to feel that you have created something epic. @rsc204 and @Fantozzi make some good points about the technical limitations and such but i think you also have to consider the inherent constraints in scale between different BATs, and even the main game - individual sims being 4M tall or whatever. Simply, scale in any videogame is always going to be a pretty strange thing, and particularly in a game that depicts some form of recognisable reality. It isn't worth worrying about relating 4x4 sq KM in the game to a 4x4 sq KM region in real life. Like a painting  or a film, much of the game is artifice, and it's better to treat it as such. Even more simply, if you like city builders, you should download and play SC4 if you can afford it. Then we'll all help and encourage you with whatever you try to create