• Announcements

• Dirktator

New: Clubs at Simtropolis   08/13/2017

Introducing "Clubs" - a new way to create your own sub-community on Simtropolis. Check out the details here:  

Petco 2.0

(4.89)    (46 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Petco is the leading pet food and supplies specialty retailer in the U.S., with over 670 stores in 45 states and the District of Columbia. Their products include pet food, supplies, grooming products, toys, small pets such as fish, birds and other small animals (excluding cats and dogs), and veterinary supplies.

This is a "remodel" of the first version. The only major differences are the buildings themselves, I re-rendered them using new texturing techniques I have since learned. I believe they look more like the Maxis made buildings now. There are three variations of this building. Each has an equal chance of appearing when the lot develops.

Statistics :

Custom Features : Query, Menu Icon
Lot Type : Plop 3x3; Growables 3x3 Stage 1, 3x2 Stage 2, Tile Sets : New York, Chicago, Houston
Plop Cost : $3,750; Bulldoze Cost : $375
Jobs Provided : 87, Cs$$
Pollution : Air - 4, Water - 4, Garbage - 15
Power used : 7, Water Used : 7

Directions:
Auto-Install : This is the simplest method to install these files. It will automatically put all files in the right place, for optimum performance. Simply open the Zip file, and double click the install file. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Manual Install :If you wish to install these files manually, copy the folder for this lot to your plugin folder. I suggest placing all files in the MyDocs\SimCity 4\Plugins folder, with a new folder called "SimGoober" for all of my lots. This will keep your folder organized, and ease troubleshooting. Personally, I also add another subfolder, for each type of lot; ie: Retail, Restaraunt, Hotel, etc.

UPGRADE Instructions: If you leave the old version in place, there should be no technical problems. You will just get a mix of both showing up (in theory any way...). The growable lot files have not been changed, and the plop has only had minor tweaks. If you wish to delete the older version, first bulldoze the ones in your city, or you will get the dreaded brown box. Then, delete the folder MyDocs/SimCity 4/Plugins/SimGoober/Retail/Petco. The new files go into a new folder, to keep things simpler. The dependencies are the same for both versions.

Further info in the readme file.

User Feedback