• Moose

1 Screenshot

About This File

Prepare for the onslaught as hoards of Leafers besiege your city every Fall to take in the beauty of the Autumn leaves. The Seasonal Woods lots are very similar to the PEG Random Woods... except these trees change with the seasons. Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall... the trees change to reflect the time of year in your cities. The Seasonal Woods also shuns the game's default "lolly-pop" trees and introduces 18 new BATed trees for greater realism.

The Seasonal Woods provides you with a fast & flexible means of adding realistic woodlands to your cities and surrounding rural areas. The Seasonal Woods randomly generates different types of trees as you plop the lot. This eliminates the need of constantly rotating the lot when plopping for a random look... and provides a more natural & realistic look when covering large areas.

The Seasonal Woods includes 4 new lots: A 1x1 lot with full ground texture. A 2x2 lot with full ground texture. A 1x1 lot with transparent ground texture. A 2x2 lot with transparent ground texture.

The Random Forest is PEG tested & Tree-Hugger approved. Each lot has properties similar to a small green park with slightly improved air pollution qualities. This lot is also 'Slope Conforming' so you can place it almost anywhere.

** This lot was designed for seamless integration with the PEG Trail Parks and the PEG Stream Kit. Obviously, it can be used by itself, singularly or in groups, anywhere in your cities where you need a little flourish of flora.

**This file currently contains an .exe installer suitable for windows users.  These files are in the process of being updated with zip files and this message will be removed once the update is complete.

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

User Feedback

I love these ... great stuff but do be carefull if you have a low end PC ... use them carefully for flashpoints in your city only.

Share this comment

I will echo that--once you start using these, it makes the other trees (god mode and pre-existing and and other lots) look pathetic and out of place. I also recommend toning down the park/pollution effect--it may seem logical, but you need to pay more $ for those effects or it unbalances the game.

Share this comment

The park effect we can likely change ourselves, but if there is any way a modder can replace the in-game trees with these, it would be heaven (for those with high end systems, anyway)!
billybob123 likes this

Share this comment

Guest Blackbeard

Posted

Marc Collins you have posted ZERO on the exchange.So until you walk in the designers shoes don't complain.Thanx for returning Peg.

Share this comment

BB: Thanks for the defense. I actually appreciate Mr. Collins comments. Assuming they were made with no malicious intent, they are honest observations and valid opinions. And he is invited to discuss it further on the support site if so inclined. :-)
Lotosky likes this

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By 11241036
      Short description:

This plugin contains 24 lots with seasonally changing woods, based on the seasonally changing trees by girafe. Like other lots, they can be found in the park menu. Plop and demolition cost are kept low, and they don’t charge monthly costs. They have a low park effect and slightly reduce air and water pollution. I’ve furthermore tried to create tree combinations corresponding to the most common forest combination in central Europe.
      Since I’m using prop families, there shouldn’t be any repetitive tree patterns in the trees. There are 3 lot sizes; 1x1 can be used in any small gap in your city, 4x1 can be used for long gaps (such as between farm fields) and with the 4x4 lot, you should be able to fill even a large space with trees pretty fast. All lots don’t have any base texture and can therefore be combined with any terrain mod. They don’t trigger the infamous transparent textures bug.

For further information and more screenshots, please refer to the readme file in the download.

Dependencies:

BSC – VIP Girafe Trees: These links contain all of the trees required for these woods and introduce MMP trees for your mayor mode menu. You need to download every kind of tree separately; fortunately, installation is easy and you won’t end up with a game menu stuffed with buttons that you won’t need anymore.
      - Maple: There are two plugins containing maple trees, I couldn’t figure out which one you need in particular (it’s surely one of those two).
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2614
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2809
      - Birch: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2620
      - Beech: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2995
      - Ash: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2854
      - Common Spruce: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2945
      - Chestnut: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3049
      - Linden: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2869
      - Conifer: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2698
      - Norway Maple: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2740
      Note: To make the MMP trees being displayed properly, you need to download Seasonal Flora Patch. It is highly recommended, albeit not mandatory for the Seasonal Woods set.
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2612

Note: You must be registered at sc4devotion.com to download the dependencies mentioned above.

Stonehenge: Made by Maxis. Required for the rocks in the woods. Adds the Celtic landmark to the game. (No registration is required; however, the homepage is in German. The download link is at the bottom of the plugin description.)
      http://www.simcityplaza.de/index.php/tools-und-andere-downloads/maxis-landmarks/file/1312-stonehenge?start=10

Currently available languages:

-  English
      -  German

Installation:

Download the archive corresponding to the language you want. Extract all files to a folder where you will find them. Move or copy this folder into your Plugins sub-folder of your edition of SimCity 4 (for instance: C:/Programs/Maxis/SimCity 4/Plugins). You can simply overwrite any previous version of this plugin with the new files.
      To uninstall, please delete all files from your plugin subfolder.
      If there are some lots that you won’t use, you may want to open the plugin folder and delete the corresponding files (every lot has its own file).

Note, if you have already been using Version 1: I've reduced the number of trees in the subsequently mentioned forests: Chestnut, Conifer Evergreen, and Conifer Seasonal. You don't need to bulldoze all of these forests before installing any version higher than 1. However, to reflect the changes in game, you need to bulldoze the forests and build them again.

This plugin comes in several languages. Please look into the folder “Languages“ and manually delete all files except the one with the language you want to have displayed as game text (e.g. for English: GSW_Description_English).

Compatibility:

This plugin should be compatible with all versions of SimCity 4. If not, please write me a comment so I can change this note.

Credits:

-  Girafe for the trees that are making this plugin possible in the first place, and for the permission to duplicate and regroup the props.

You are of course welcome to write me a private message or leave a comment here for any of the following:
      -  You want me to make improvements or additions. (I can't promise to fulfill all your wishes, I'm really no modding expert )
      -  You have found a bug.
      -  You want me to improve the readme text (the English one in particular, my English may not be perfect).
      -  You can translate the in-game and readme texts to another language.
      -  You found out that I forgot to credit someone (hopefully I can remember everyone).
      -  For any other kind of constructive feedback.

Changelog:

Version 3, March 14th, 2015:
      - Added 4x1 lot size for all kinds of forests

Version 2, Aug 31st, 2014:
      - Reduced number of trees on the subsequently mentioned forests: Chestnut, Conifer Evergreen, Conifer Seasonal

Version 1, July 16th, 2014:
      -  Base version with 16 wood lots released

• By paeng
      A set of turbulences for your rivers and streams.

You'll find narrow and wide pieces, both in straight and diagonal versions. They all sit on a 1x1 transparent lot and can be combined with PEG-PPond (Tahoe), PEG-Pond and PEG-Stream or ploppable waters by other creators as well.

LIST OF ITEMS
      Narrow Short Straight Narrow Long Straight Narrow Short Diagonal Narrow Long Diagonal Wide Short Straight Wide Long Straight Wide Short Diagonal Wide Long Diagonal
      Each piece comes in 2 variations that plop at random (16 models all in all).

DEPENDENCIES

~ none ~

Recommended to use with Free Waters Mod.

DEVELOPER NOTES

The turbulences are batted props (instead of the textures used in Vol 01), so there are less straight edges and a bit of overlap onto the next tile.
      You can combine them with any ploppable water and to some extent also with Pond and Stream pieces, mainly the straight items.
      Some of the pieces are also suitable to make transitions between the various available waters - just be creative and find the right combinations.
      There are no other props on these lots - so you have complete freedom to dress them with any Major Mode Flora that suits your theme.

The Turbulences and Transitions Volume 01 (texture based) is available to download here and is now also an option when downloading from this entry.

CREDITS

Concept & Design: Murimk & Paeng
      Batting: Murimk
      Lotting & Modding: Paeng

SUPPORT

Should you need support for these items please visit the
      PLEX on the STEX - Community Support

Productions Forum Thread (no longer available)

Enjoy!
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC Presents: IndustryMania - Trucking Essentials
      Introduction
      Do you want to recreate a large distribution center with ample truck parking space of all angles and populate them with tons of random trailers from different freight and logistic companies? This essentials package, which is the prelude to my upcoming IndustryMania re-lot series, provides a set of custom truck parking textures and prop families for @MushyMushy's HD North American trucks which will allow you to do just that.
      Package Overview
      This package contains a set of 38 unique overlay textures, offered in either white or yellow paint for a total of 76. Additionally, there are 36 prop families that cover all of the props included in the original trailers and semi cab sets. Additional details are in the enclosed README.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. Note that the prop families DAT supersedes the original props' .sc4desc files. It is recommended that you relocate or remove the original from your plugins folder to avoid potential conflict. 
      Dependencies
      The textures are standalone and will not require any dependencies. However, the prop families will not function properly without the original trucks:
      Props
      HD North American 40ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American 53ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American Semi Truck Cabs Vol. 1 Credit goes to MushyMushy for the wonderful set of trailers and semis!
      Enjoy!
    • By Chief ZDN
      Hello everyone,
      While I don't visit the simpeg.com in my life, I sad with the 2015 SimPeg.com fatal error. The site data is gone. However, Pegasus fans gives the Pegasus' and his friends' mods to the PLEX & STEX staff. But, there is no new mod created by the SimPeg again, The Prop Pox bug maker in the some mods still unfixed (Sorry SimPeg, I'm not hate you. I just send the fact that is on SC4D). We don't see the CDK development again. We don't see the new SPAM that support the CAM, officially.
      But, the reality is changed. I'm not a modder. But I can make the SimPeg revive again. We don't want the SimPeg staff is retired from making the quality mod (if they still can make a mod). We want the SimPeg staff making the mod, again. In this plan, I will show you how the new SimPeg led, what are the vision, what mods we make, and the challenge that we need solved.
      Organization
      The new SimPeg is led by Pegasus or someone with good modding skill (maybe Paeng?). The SimPeg organization structure is (from the level, ascending) Leader, Co-Leader, Secretary, Webmaster, Admin, and Moderator. Co-Leader is needed when the Leader is not in working condition or the Leader leaves from the community. Secretaries are for writing what happened on the community, what the community needed, and more. Moderators aren't splited to 2 parts. SimPeg staff member is same as before, but with some tweaks. Our missions are:
      Making a quality mods Host many of quality CJs Make researches about SimCity 4 and community Make innovation about SimCity 4 And our visions are:
      As the world's biggest SimCity 4 mod creator As the biggest CJ hosting As the biggest SimCity 4 contributor Mod We Want Make
      As a quality modder, we want make many quality mods. But for now, we just want to making the new SPAM that compatible with the CAM, new CDK that uses more modular architecture, and new Utopian BATs (I personally like the SkyFarm).
      Challenge
      I am not a modder. And, I not a senior SimCity player. So, I can't be the SimPeg leader or co-leader. However, there is solution. Either as a member but plan the SimPeg or as a staff member on the SimPeg. You can decide. I'm not hunt the rank. I just want contribute. The experience can't be fully restored. By this, we need creating the new experience that more better than before. The SimPeg is around 10 years old. By this, we need create a new logo. However, my laptop currently not available, so there are 2 options: use the old logo or make the new logo, but created by someone Sorry if I breaking the rules. Sorry if I can't explain more detail. Thank you for your attention.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments