Watkins & Sons 1.0.0

(5.00)    (12 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

If you've got pencils, Watkins & Sons can push 'em! For more than 100 years, Watkins & Sons has provided simply the best pencil-pushers around. So if you have numbers to crunch or contracts to ink, make sure to hire the skilled pencil-pushers at Watkins & Sons today!

• 2x2 growable and ploppable CO$$
  • Provides 324 CO$$ jobs
  • MaxisNite and DarkNite versions available
  • DarkNite requires the Day and Nite Modd

Installation Instructions:

1. Download either the DarkNite OR MaxisNite version. If you are unsure, choose the MaxisNite version. Attempting to use both versions in your Plugins at the same time may cause conflicts.

2. Unzip the .zip and move its contents into your Documents > SimCity4 > Plugins folder.

3. Enjoy!

-
Comments, questions, or issues? Check out my BAT thread.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Francis90b

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

An incredibly versatile design (i take this to be a fictional building), executed to amazing standards modelling-wise.But i think it's biggest merit lies behind what can be immediately seen, and precisely in the way it tackles on the issue of designing a generic building.

Some building types and building styles are widespread, and instantly recognizable as originating from a common matrix.But slight variations in regional architecture can play a role (and perhaps did more so in the past) at rendering them unique, while being substantially identical.

I've seen that happening in Europe, and i've seen that happening in America, to an extent.

The challenge is - how to incorporate "regional" touches while avoid to pigeonhole a design into a fairly restrictive context? And/or, how to design a generic building while retaining enough hints of a "local" interpretation of it's paradigm, hints that would contribute substantially at enabling such design to be perceived as graceful, interesting and authentic?

The design offered there strikes a perfect balance, offering several different suggestions, while miraculously managing to remain true to them all.

A relatively insular massing reminds me about mid sized midwestern cities.Or perhaps about several (now) large cities within sunbelt and pacific rim, where buildings like the one hereby depicted often represented their very first foray into acquiring a "big city" character.And yet something in it's architectural detailing reminds me of eastern seaboard cities, NYC perhaps, but several other places as well.

From shore to shore, from lakes to gulf it would find a way to belong anywhere, and enables any user to make It make it whatever he/she wants it to be.

When designing a generic building, that achievement ought to be considered absolute perfection.

Share this review

Link to review
Aaron Graham

Great work I love the building! 5/5 *:thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
IL.

Amazing model as usual : )

Share this review

Link to review
CT14

Great model with details on all sides, and the 3m half-alley is appreciated.

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

a great surprise from a bat master... all points great... extra merit on subject, model, project... 10/10... thanks a bunch

Share this review

Link to review
Shanethemain

This is mind-blowingly brilliant! Gosh it's great to see you back and better than ever!

Share this review

Link to review

Beautiful! Makes me wish I could fire up my game and play right now!

Share this review

Link to review
tariely

A welcome addition to my nofunk folder  !

Share this review

Link to review
edwardjeria

More great work.... Good work

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you   beautiful building and I will put it right into my BSP folder

Share this review

Link to review
ESP15