• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

The Great Southwest Building, formerly the Petroleum Building, is a skyscraper built in 1926 and located at 1314 Texas Avenue in Downtown Houston, Texas, in the United States. The structure was originally commissioned by Joseph S. Cullinan, founder of The Texas Company, to house the offices of his growing oil and gas business. Designed by New York architect Alfred Bossom, the building features Art Deco styling with unusual Mayan touches including reliefs and a stepped back style on upper floors to mimic a Mayan pyramid.

This is the second version of this building, the old one is now unavailable. Textures and nightlights were improved.

Click on the image to check the other views:

35819787101_11abf70d8c_m.jpg  35112021954_4911e19ee2_m.jpg

INFORMATIONS
The model is available in two versions - LM and CO$$$ - and with and without the annex building. All of them are corner W2W.

Landmark - with annex
Plop cost: 70,000
Lot size: 3x2

Commercial Office - with annex:
Lot Size: 3x2
CO$$$: 1,500
CO$$: 2,000

Landmark - no annex
Plop cost: 55,000
Lot size: 2x2

Commercial Office - no annex:
Lot Size: 2x2
CO$$$: 1,500
CO$$: 2,000

INSTALLATION
Unzip the files from the .zip to your Plugins folder. There are four .zip files in the download area. Be aware!

Great Southwest Building (with annex - MN): this is the version with the annexed building for those who do not use SimFox Day and Nite Modd.
Great Southwest Building (with annex - DN): this is the version with the annexed building for those using SimFox Day and Nite Modd.
Great Southwest Building (no annex - MN): this is the version without the annexed building for those who do not use SimFox Day and Nite Modd.
Great Southwest Building (no annex - DN): this is the version without the annexed building for those using SimFox Day and Nite Modd.

Note: inside each .zip there are the Landmark and Commercial Office folders. If you don't want one of them you can delete its respective folder, but never the .SC4MODEL.

DEPENDENCIES
SimFox Day and Nite modd (for Darknite users only).

Elenphor, CT14, matias93 and 13 others like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raynev1

This building is fantastic , thanks for sharing . 5/5

JP Schriefer likes this

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you   I really like this updated model    beautiful building  great night lights

JP Schriefer likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

luv'd watching this project happen... I am a great fan of the art-deco period, and this does capture it... the project developed nicely into wonderful finished product... overall very good, super well done, 5/5, +3 = 8/10

JP Schriefer likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By kellydale2003
      I Kellydale2003 present to you
      the Russian-Canadian-Torontonian
      inspired luxury residentials...

Vohcem Condominiums!

Vohcem Condominiums on the Lakeshore is a 100% fictional tower inspired by the amazing condos of the South Core of Downtown Toronto located along Lakeshore Boulevard. The tall yet slim structures of Downtown Toronto's South Core house thousands of Toronto residents in their ultra-modern luxury condo suites! The most recent trend in condo markets has been the partial or full rental of the condo suites to local or international hotels... making the Toronto condo market boom even more and inspire more projects like this!
      When I (Kellydale2003) first thought of building a tower like this I just started with a square, bent the edges, and rotated it slightly to break away from the traditional orientation of buildings in SimCity 4! The treated and inspired glass taught me an important lesson; Focal points can be made from the busy reflective windows. Therefore the yellow, blue, and grey facade was designed as a focal point for the whole tower... giving more culture and architectural interest to the tower.
      Soaring at a humble 36 stories of 175.4m (120% for SimCity 4) it fits in a comfortable 2x3 (32x48m) lot.

The name "Vohcem" comes from the Russian word for the number "eight".

As my personal policy always abides... NO dependencies! (:

Download the MAXIS NIGHT file if you do not have SimFox's Darknight installed in your plugins!
      Download the DARK NIGHT file if you have Dark Night installed!

For more upcoming projects visit my thread! (:

Enjoy!

, Kellydale2003

ps; I do know that the phonetic version of 'eight' in Russian is spelled differently! But for anyone who knows Canadians... We like to spell things our own way and is still legally and officially the right way of spelling it! eh! (:

ps2; You're on a Canadian website... So bleh :b you "Grammar-ologists!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      This is from the Ontario Creation Team!
      - Search "#OCT" to find further creations from us, or click the photo below to
      view upcoming projects and discussions! Thank you (:
    • By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      i make A LOT of buildings in SimCity 4 with BAT, and i've been having this problem for quite a while. the buildings are getting 'mixed up' with each other. and it's getting annoying
      here's a video of an example of whats going on:
      does anyone know how to fix this?  please help! ♥ 
    • By CT14
      Here are four Old Time Power Plants using jestarr's various small Boilerhouse models. Thanks to jestarr for the great props.
      All capacity/plop/monthly costs are balanced to the standard Maxis coal power plant's numbers. These lots feature smoke effects and normal levels of pollution.
      The diagonal Boilerhouse Type A lot and the Owosso lot have concrete base textures from NCD Railyard Textures pack, matching @T Wrecks' Industrial Revolution Mod I-D fillers. Other lots have grass or dirt base textures.
      The Owosso Boilerhouse has an overhanging portion: depending on neighboring lots, the basement access stairs will be hidden in a W2W setting, or show on pavement with IRM fillers.

Menu Location: Utilities > Power
      Menu Sort: Before Default Lots
      Stats:
      Smokehouse Power Station
      Size: 1x2 Capacity: 550 Plop Cost: 900 Monthly Cost: 40 Theme: Grassy
      Boilerhouse Type A
      Prop family: Sterling Brown/Empire Red Brick Variations Size: 1x3 Capacity: 1150 Plop Cost: 1900 Monthly Cost: 70 Theme: Dirt Boilerhouse Type A 45
      Size: 1x1 with overhanging diagonal prop (Sterling Brown only) Capacity: 1150 Plop Cost: 1900 Monthly Cost: 70 Theme: IRM I-D Owosso Boilerhouse
      Size: 1x3 Capacity: 1750 Plop Cost: 2900 Monthly Cost: 100 Theme: IRM I-D  
      Dependencies:
      BSCMegaProps JES Vol01
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=342
      BSCMegaProps jestarr Vol02
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=338
      BSC Mega Props - JES Vol05
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1263
      BSC Mega Props - JES Vol06
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1416
      Sterling Consolidated Manufacturing by jestarr
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1633
      Railyard and Spur Textures, Mega Pack 1.02 by North Country Dude
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2177

Installation:
      Unzip the file "CT14 - Old Time Power Plants - jestarr Boilerhouses.zip" into your Plugins folder. If prompted, merge with "CT14" directory if existing.

Removal:
      Demolish any of these firetraps which have not yet engulfed their neighborhoods, nay, your entire city in an inferno, and move the folder "Plugins/CT14/Old Time Power Plants/Jestarr Boilerhouses" out of your Plugins folder.

Bugs:
      Please report any problems with these lots to the development thread:
      http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/69360-ct14s-railroad-lots-and-bat/
    • By JP Schriefer

Here I'll show you how my BATs are looking and your tips, comments and suggestions are welcome

261 5th Avenue
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Great Southwest Building
      (Houston, TX, USA)
      Continental Tower
      (São Paulo, SP, Brazil)
      Capital Building
      (São Paulo, SP, Brazil)
      Park Tower
      (São Paulo, SP, Brazil)
      Sophia Building
      (Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil)
      Saint Thomas Building
      Castelo Del Mar
      (Recife, PE, Brazil)
      32 Court Street
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      15 Goitacazes Street
      1001 6th Avenue
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Hauzeff Building
      (Molching Feinßed, EU, Molching)
      Palácio do Planalto
      (Brasília, DF, Brazil)
      Tiradentes Building
      Solar das Paineiras - Residential
      Magnolia Building
      (Dallas, TX, USA)
      Museu da Inconfidência
      (Ouro Preto, MG, Brazil)
      Porthos Building
      (Eindhoven, NB, Netherlands)
      32 Old Slip
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      John Wesley United Church
      (Sault Ste Marie, ON, Canada)
      Habib's
      Central Bank of Brazil
      (Brasília, DF, Brazil)
      Little Whinging Style House
      (Little Whinging, England)

Hampshire House
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Santiago Civic Buildings
      (Santiago, RM, Chile)
      Aria Condos
      (Philadelphia, PA, USA)
      Edifício Acaiaca
      500 5th Avenue
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Singer Building
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Kemper Building
      (Chicago, IL, USA)
      John Adams Building
      (Washington D.C., USA)
      Skatteskrapan
      (Stockholm, Sodermanland, Sweden)
      Maracanã
      (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
      Pripyat Azure Pool
      (Pripyat, Ukraine)
      Parc Avignon Residential
      Hearst Tower
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Colégio Loyola
      Palácio Tiradentes
      Mineirão
      Copacabana Palace
      (Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil)
      Tacoma Financial Center
      (Tacoma, WA, USA)
      German Appartments Blocks
      (Erlangen, BY, Germany)
    • By Diego Del Llano
      The Columbia Center, formerly named the Bank of America Tower and Columbia Seafirst Center, is a skyscraper in downtown Seattle, Washington. The 76-story structure is the tallest building in Seattle and the state of Washington, reaching a height of 937 ft (286 m). At the time of its completion, the Columbia Center was the tallest structure on the West Coast; as of 2017, it is the fourth-tallest, behind buildings in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
      The Columbia Center, developed by Martin Selig and designed by Chester L. Lindsey Architects, began construction in 1982 and was completed in 1985. The building is primarily leased for class-A office spaces by various companies, with the lower floors including retail space and the upper floors including a public observatory and private club lounge. The tower has the tallest public viewing area on the West Coast and west of the Mississippi. It occupies most of the block bounded by Fourth and Fifth Avenues and Cherry and Columbia Streets.

PLEASE, DELETE OLD VERSION
      This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 5,000 CO$$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• @kellydale2003 As I said in the review it's avesome stuff, I would have only one request. Could you next time make a notice on the description, that the growable version is only compatible with CAM by default...  I was wondering why I haven't seen growing your stuffs in my cities (f.e. Linda Swampy), and took an other look to the lot files I see, that some of them is CAMified, and I don't play with CAM... Linda Swampy is a stage 10 I-Ht... So that would be worth a mention I guess for those who doesn't use the CAM as well... Thanks in advance!  - Tyberius
    • Having Trouble with this plugin. I downloaded this and all the dependencies. All I see is parking lot and cars. no Building. What do u think might be causing this?
    • This strategy is really commendable. There have been so many buildings that were 95% ready and had already reached a quality level that left most users with their lower jaw on the desk, and yet they got lost ultimately and never made it to any download section, even though of all people with an interest in that BAT, literally every single person other than the creator would gladly have downloaded it in its current state. You chose to go the other route, and - lo and behold! - people love the building, download it, and are happy. Thank you so much for contributing a superb BAT to the STEX rather than another post to one of the most depressive threads on Simtropolis!
    • It's a landmark in SC4, too, but the scale of Maxis' version is totally off, and the lot is strange as well. Therefore, a custom version is very welcome. I recently compared old and new version side by side, and the progress you have made since then is impressive! Smoother modeling (the inward curves used to look a tad bumpy), better windows, better roof textures and roof junk, better night lights... it's an improvement in all respects!
    • Any way to get this to work on a mac?