• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

The Pemex Executive Tower (Spanish: Torre Ejecutiva Pemex) is a skyscraper in Mexico City. The 214 meter (211 meters to top floor) international style tower was built between 1976 and 1982. Since the building's opening, it has been occupied by state-owned Pemex, one of the largest petroleum companies in the world.

The Torre Ejecutiva Pemex originally proposed to replace two 14-story towers built between 1967 and 1970. Later, these buildings were replaced by a pair of 26-story towers to house Pemex's administrative offices. However, the 1980s oil boom demanded office space growth and Pemex decided to build a single 52-story tower in a downtown lot with a huge plaza covering an underground avenue. The building is anchored to the ground, rests on 164 concrete and steel piles that penetrate to a depth of 35 meters surpassing the old filling swampy lake to reach firmer ground. In addition, its x-braced structure features 90 shock-absorbers to minimize oscillations from earthquakes. The tower was completed in 1982, but the surrounding plaza was never completed.

The Torre Ejecutiva Pemex remained the tallest building in Mexico for almost 20 years,[1] until August 2003, when the 55-story Torre Mayor was completed only half a mile away. Currently, the Torre Pemex is the third tallest building in Mexico, and the second tallest in Mexico City. The tower is currently occupied by approximately 7,000 Pemex employees.

On 19 September 1985, the tower withstood a magnitude 8.1 earthquake, as well as other strong earthquakes that commonly strike Mexico City. The building was designed to withstand an earthquake of 8.5 on the Richter scale.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 5,000 CO$$$ Jobs

To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

tariely

Another beautiful challenging one (the reflections...:-) Bravo and thanks !

Share this review

Link to review
Shanethemain

Absolutely FANTASTIC! Great to see you back! And thank you!!!!

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you for this beautiful building   great work on the glass and night lights and I appreciate the background story

the plop with jobs also much appreciated and I think I will plop it with a large plaza around it

Share this review

Link to review
korver

Awesome as always!

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

06/12/2017

If you can, please help us reach our June donation goal!  Please note that the STEX Collector's Set gift can now be sent to you by digital download, as well as by mail! Simtropolis runs mostly on donations, as you know, every dollar helps us keep things up and running and bring in improvements from time to time. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/21/2017

We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our aging server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the additional load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task.  You may have noticed that we've been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we work out allocating resources for more optimal performance. We've also applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is something we'd like to be able to upgrade. The last time we upgraded hardware was a in 2012. Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Your contribution means a lot!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Diego Del Llano
      Headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas, Stephens Inc. is a privately held, independent financial services firm.[1] As one of the largest privately owned investment banks in the country, Stephens has 25 offices worldwide and employs more than 700 people.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 4,000 CO$$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins
    • By nos.17
      "Where there's a helpful smile in every aisle"
      Hy Vee was founded by Charles Hyde and David Vredenburg when they opened a general store in Beaconsfield, Iowa, in 1930. Hy-Vee Inc. employs over 60,000 individuals and is the largest employer in the state of Iowa. The company has annual sales of over $7.3 billion. In 2011, Hy-Vee ranked 48th on Forbes magazine's annual list of the largest privately owned companies in the United States.
      This beautiful BAT was originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish the lot and so this was just sitting around on his hard drive. After talking to him, he graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall.
      For comments/feedback/critique/praise visit my lot thread or drop me a pm. I'd be happy to help. Also, visit the website for full sized images.
      -------
      Stats:
      -------
      6x8 LM Plop, CS$$ Grow
           80 CS$ Jobs
           Plop Cost : $55000
           BulldozeCost : $5500
           PowerConsumed : 15
           WaterConsumed : 176
           GarbagePollution : 16 over 2 tiles
           Air/WaterPollution : Nominal
           Flamability : 32

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      SHK Parking Pack
      BSC Mega Props - SG vol 01
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures
      LBT Mega Prop Pack Vol01

And above all... have fun!
      nos.17
    • By T Wrecks
      Introduction / Overview

I hope I managed to fix all these things and answer the most important requests concerning this building. The new stats will make this hard to get, but I think that you wouldn't want to have such a characteristic and unique building popping up every twohundred metres in your cities, so I made it to be a challenge.
      All in all, you will find the following lots:

Ploppable landmark Ploppable functional CO$$$ Growable CO$$$ (2 lot sizes) Ploppable functional CS$$$ Growable CS$$$
      The lots for CO$$$ and CS$$$ are different, but for each version, ploppable and growable version share the same lot design. Lot flora is randomized and will change every time the building grows or is plopped. If you don't like palms, you can use any of the existing "No Palm Tree" mods (e.g. the one by Swamper77, which I use myself) to have them blocked and replaced by normal trees automatically.

Note: Ploppable and landmark versions feature individual custom menu icons that will allow you to see immediately which version is which.

Dependencies
      Needless to say, since this is a mere set of additional lots, you will need the original building for which this set was created. You can find it here (click).
      Apart from this unavoidable "dependency" (to ensure credit is given to those who deserve it), no external downloads are required for these new lots.
      Stats and Values
      All game-relevant values you might like to know are listed in the following overview tables.
      TABLE 1: CO$$$ VERSIONS
      Parameter Growable Ploppable wi
    • By Diego Del Llano
      Simmons Bank Tower is a 40-story skyscraper located at 425 West Capitol Avenue in downtown Little Rock, Arkansas. At 547 feet (167 m) high, it is currently the tallest building in Arkansas.
      The new tower was born out of discussions between two ascending business executives, John Flake, a Little Rock real estate developer, and Jerry Maulden, president of Arkansas Power & Light (now Entergy). Construction began in 1984 on the $72 million building, and in 1986 the building was completed and dubbed The Capitol Tower. Currently, the namesake tenant, Simmons Bank, is headquartered in the tower with presence in various markets of Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, and Tennessee. Flake & Kelley Commercial, the current name of the development firm of the tower, performs the management and leasing of the tower, and the Doyle Rogers Company is the special asset manager.
      The building was renamed Simmons Tower in April 2014.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 4,000 CO$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugin
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments