• Moose

See who gave reputation

1. mattb325

mattb325

• Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By kellydale2003
      I Kellydale2003 present to you
      the Russian-Canadian-Torontonian
      inspired luxury residentials...

Vohcem Condominiums!

Vohcem Condominiums on the Lakeshore is a 100% fictional tower inspired by the amazing condos of the South Core of Downtown Toronto located along Lakeshore Boulevard. The tall yet slim structures of Downtown Toronto's South Core house thousands of Toronto residents in their ultra-modern luxury condo suites! The most recent trend in condo markets has been the partial or full rental of the condo suites to local or international hotels... making the Toronto condo market boom even more and inspire more projects like this!
      When I (Kellydale2003) first thought of building a tower like this I just started with a square, bent the edges, and rotated it slightly to break away from the traditional orientation of buildings in SimCity 4! The treated and inspired glass taught me an important lesson; Focal points can be made from the busy reflective windows. Therefore the yellow, blue, and grey facade was designed as a focal point for the whole tower... giving more culture and architectural interest to the tower.
      Soaring at a humble 36 stories of 175.4m (120% for SimCity 4) it fits in a comfortable 2x3 (32x48m) lot.

The name "Vohcem" comes from the Russian word for the number "eight".

As my personal policy always abides... NO dependencies! (:

Download the MAXIS NIGHT file if you do not have SimFox's Darknight installed in your plugins!
      Download the DARK NIGHT file if you have Dark Night installed!

For more upcoming projects visit my thread! (:

Enjoy!

, Kellydale2003

ps; I do know that the phonetic version of 'eight' in Russian is spelled differently! But for anyone who knows Canadians... We like to spell things our own way and is still legally and officially the right way of spelling it! eh! (:

ps2; You're on a Canadian website... So bleh :b you "Grammar-ologists!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      This is from the Ontario Creation Team!
      - Search "#OCT" to find further creations from us, or click the photo below to
      view upcoming projects and discussions! Thank you (:
    • By mattb325
      Perth Council Building, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by the Council Building in Perth's Stirling Gardens, here is another iconic early 1960's building.
      This is an example of the modernist style with Bauhaus leanings, and has distinctive external 'T' shaped sun-shades in alternating patterns over the curtain glass wall to block out the hot Western Australian sun. Conversely, the roof area has a perspex covered walkway which I imagine would be about as comfortable as an ant under a magnifying glass in the broiling summer heat!
      It is with the 'T' shaped awnings that I taken most of the liberties with this building; reducing the width of the top part of the 'T' to ensure that each sun-shade is clearly visible in game rather than blurring into one. 
      The real-life building was actually slated for demolition in the 1990's, but was saved and renovated as well as adding one extra floor at the top of the building. 
      Recently, the building was also fitted thousands of coloured leds: hence, the unusual, and prettily-coloured night-lights.
      This BAT functions as a government building and town hall in game. 
      In addition to providing your sims with 185 highly desirable civic jobs, it will help alleviate the commercial demand caps that can hinder city development. Given the way that the game is designed, in addition to providing health, education, safety, etc, using rewards is an absolutely necessary part of being able to develop large cities and regions.
      It sits on a 5x3 lot and will easily blend in with other park lots (such as the SFBT mid-wealth set) that use the Maxis R$$ plain grass. Similarly, given the fact that the building is 13 floors high, it will also work well in a dense city environment.
      * It is offered as a reward without needing to meet pre-existing conditions.
      * It is located in the REWARD Menu 
      * It can be placed more than once in a city. 
      * It DOES NOT over-write the ingame town hall (or any re-lotted versions there-of), so can be used in conjunction with the standard Maxis town hall reward.
      * It DOES NOT over-write any of my other town hall lots (so can be used in conjunction with these as well).
      STATS:
      Lot size :               5 x 3
      Plop Cost:            §47,000
      Monthly Cost:      §1,170
      Budget Item:        Government Buildings
      Occupant Groups: Reward, Courthouse
      Demand Created:  Jobs§: 23, Jobs§§: 151, Jobs§§§: 11.
      Landmark Effect: +105 over 33 tiles
      Pollution:               Air 3 over 2 tiles, Water 2 over 3 tiles, Garbage 31 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:  55 MwH
      Water consumed:  111 Gallons/Month
      Bulldoze Cost:       §11,720
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO file types in two seperate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos or Mashty's night-mods) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:

*BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746)

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      Sadly, negative comments/reviews from a few members of the community continue to force me to add this utterly ridiculous disclaimer...this building has underground parking, and I have not used parking textures. If you wish to add parking textures, please do so using the lot editor and keep your negativity to yourself.
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• You really only need the building files. (.Desc and .Model) It's against STEX's rules to re-upload them.
    • Oh...okay. I c know. I didn't realize I didn't need the original.
    • Sounds to me like you may be missing the original building files.
    • Whops! @nos.17 I have the same problem. I have all the dependencies, but as you can see there is no actual building. I tried several ways: put the original prop desc and model (-a, -b) files in the same time; only the model files; the model files and the zzLM15x12_AllianzArena file in the same time. No changes. Always get the same result, what you can see on the picture. I checked with SC4Tool and I think the uploaded version doesn't contains the necessary building/prop descriptors, because in the Tool everything is green, but I didn't see the original buildings listed among the dependencies, so actually they are not in the lot or so... EDIT (before sending): So there is some other problem: you add wrongly the MM 40ft trailer as a dependency, because you used KoSC IRM essential and the prop families from that set (if I remove this and put only the dependency what you linked, I get error in Sc4Tool). I investigated the issue with an empty plugin folder which only contained this lot and the dependencies what you listed. There is one more textures Dependency: BSC Textures 1. Oh and of course you used your own essential I guess, but you forgot to list above... But the bigger problem is that as you can see the 3rd and 4th pictures, the CSX megapack 1 is using the same prop ID than the Allianz building prop desc file. The other problem, that you probably forgot to attach your prop desc files for this lot, because the original one is conflicting with CSX megapack... When I emptied the plugin folder I got the building properly with its own prop desc files (so I didn't have the CSX pack and the prop desc in my plugin folder in the same time, but You said, we only need the model files), but obviously you used a new prop desc file for this, just haven't attached... Can you check and update this, because it's amazing and I would like to use! Thanks in advance! - Tyberius  
    • @kellydale2003 As I said in the review it's avesome stuff, I would have only one request. Could you next time make a notice on the description, that the growable version is only compatible with CAM by default...  I was wondering why I haven't seen growing your stuffs in my cities (f.e. Linda Swampy), and took an other look to the lot files I see, that some of them is CAMified, and I don't play with CAM... Linda Swampy is a stage 10 I-Ht... So that would be worth a mention I guess for those who doesn't use the CAM as well... Thanks in advance!  - Tyberius