• Moose
  1. nos.17

nos.17

• Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By tariely
      I use NAM 34 ; the roundabouts don't look like the  pictures in the folder  (and no trees grow there) Does this mod (dating 2014) still works with the more recent NAMs ?
    • By TSM.E3
      1: What mod is the sunken highway walls? http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/CorinaPics/TSM.E3 Walls_zpsejhhtdv9.jpg
      2: Those ploppable trees that are put between the zones
      3: And the ploppables between the one-way road avenues  http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/CorinaPics/TSM.E3 Trees_zps1zljvw8x.jpg

• By jarnomiedema

Background:
      Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (1870-1924), better known by his pseudonym 'Lenin', was the
      principal leader of the Russian Revolution of 1917, the leader of the Bolshevik party
      and the first Premier of the Soviet Union.

During World War One, the Russian Empire was crumbling. Czar Nicholas II was gradually
      losing more and more control over his country and his army as the German war machine
      rolled on. Encouraged by these defeats, the Germans allowed Lenin to travel back to
      Russia to help futher the ongoing revolution. This he did, and with great success.
      Within years, the Czar was dead, peace had been made with Germany and Lenin and his
      Bolsheviks had drawn all power to them.
      Lenin's goal was to turn Russia, a poor country of peasants, into an industrial power-
      house. This turned out to be harder than he thought.. On August 30, 1918 Lenin was
      almost assassinated. He survived the attempt, but the bullets couldn't be removed
      with the medical technology of the time. One of the bullets was lodged in his neck,
      too close to his spine. Many historians consider this to be the start of Lenin's
      health problems. After the assassination attempt, his health declined and led to two
      strokes, one shortly after the other. He was left partially paralyzed and resigned
      from active politics. Soon after his third stroke, the revolutionary leader died..
      Many people know Lenin as 'the man in the tomb'. He was embalmed and preserved for
      permanent display at the Lenin Mausoleum at Moscow. Due to Lenin's unique role in
      the creation of the very first Communist state, his character was elevated to the
      point of near religious reverence. By the 1980's, every manor city in the Soviet
      Union had a statue of Lenin in it's central square, either a Lenin street or Lenin
      square near the center and often 20 or more smaller statues and busts thoughout its
      territory..
      Since the fall of the Soviet Union, the level of reverence for Lenin has gone down
      considerably, but he's still considered an important figure by the people who grew up
      during the Soviet period. Many statues of Lenin have been torn down and the city of
      Leningrad, named after him three days after his death, returned to its original name:
      St. Petersburg..

• By huzman
      Do ALL trees -Maxis and 3rd. parties- really influence pollution ?
      I started a new city for this purpose. So I built an electricity factory in one corner, some distance away laid several industry zones, some more distance away i put some commercial zones, and still further away and build the residential zones. There a tile free from the zones and the road along one and/or two sides of the zones.
      Then I peppered those empty zones everywhere with ALL kind of trees. Then I ran SC4 and let it run for almost three years. Then I checked the pollutions levels and I didn't notice much change. Ergo, my first line.
    • By RandyE
      This is my third park lot using the vanilla props from SC4.  This park is part of an urban beautification and vitalization project for the inner-city.  

Named after the Parthenon in Athens, an architectural and cultural artifact representing the foundations of modern civilization, and attributed to Athena, the personification of calmness, wisdom, ethical, and civil society.  The park design utilizes the dimensions said to be essential to the Parthenon following the golden rectangle ratio, calculated in SC4 city tiles as 8 (width) by 5 (depth).  The Parthenon building landmark was released as an update to SC4.
      The park is well-lighted with a variety of animations and park-related props including the Zen Rock Garden, Greenhouses, Koi Fish Pond, a Pool, Fountains, Swing Sets, Slides, Refreshment Stand, Gazebo, Billboards, Basketball Courts, and a small Skateboard arena.
      This lot is animation and graphics-intensive, found under the parks menu, but intended as a main feature or central city park, and so should only be plopped once in any city you are building.
      Medium Wealth
      Cost: 950
      Monthly Income: 150
      Air Pollution: -30, 10
      Water Pollution, -10, 10
      Park Effect: 100, 40
      Landmark Effect: 80, 20
      Maxis Night Lighting
      No Dependencies
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Wow, what a fantastic building! I like the intricate shapes of this one, and the many different areas. There are so many details to take in that it really takes a while to grasp the entire structure. I also agree that there's not much going in in terms of conference centres, so this really fills a gap. Kudos for all the reward modding too - I know that part is pretty tedious und ungratifying work (unless you're some sick masochist ). What I also like is how well the lot complements the building, and it acomplishes that with so few and so simple means. Just a few default overlays and props, and we have a lot that leaves nothing to be desired. The one tiny suggestion I have is that all your recent buildings have had their names (and, in cases like this one, also their function) baked into the model. This is not bad generally because it allows a better visual appearance, but sometimes it limits flexibility a bit. The building in question could totally double as a modern city college, for example, or maybe even as a university (not all modern universities are sitting on a lush campus, after all!), but then there's the "Convention Center" lettering in front. I guess it can be covered with cleverly placed flora props... Fun fact: I never knew that there was an Occupant Group "burning dude maker" - what the...???
    • Do we need to delete Oppie's and replace yours?   Ps. Thank you so much for revamping this amazing mod.
    • Can someone make the Wilshire Grand Tower for SimCity3000?
    • With regard to the issue of content, the disjunctive perturbation of the spatial relationships brings within the realm of discourse the distinctive formal juxtapositions.