• Moose

6 Screenshots

About This File

Harrods, by Mattb325.
---------------------------------------

Inspired by the iconic department store on Brompton Rd, Knightsbridge, Harrods is presented as a CS§§§ growable and ploppable lot for your cities.

Please be aware that the present day Harrods has been extended and remodelled a number of times since the main building on Brompton Rd was completed in 1905, so this is NOT a strict recreation, but what I present is faithful to the original façade as designed by Charles Stephens, albeit with modifications to make it more game-ready.

I have only modelled the front portion of the building.

It must be noted that the present building has completely over-run the old streets of 'Queens Gardens' and 'New Place' and wrapped its way around what used to be known as Queen Street and Lower North St (since renamed Hans Rd and Basil St respectively), consuming the old Hans Mansion block and other buildings in the process.
Because these streets run at odd angles and curves, even with the FAR roads and other NAM advances, I felt that modelling all of this would make the building almost completely unusable for the average player.
Additionally the original building, aligned to Brompton Rd, was slightly wedged shaped - the old line is still somewhat visible under all of the present day roof additions from Google earth along the Hans Rd façade. Naturally I have squared this off to get this into game, which means that the rear of the building is completely fictitious.

The present roof junk and extension of the Mansard roof along all facades is modelled - with slight variations by me - on the most up-to-date renovations: you can compare the differences by using the Google earth program (up-to-date) vs. Bing ?birds-eye/Google maps (out-of-date) to see the remarkable difference to the roof-top in recent years.

Lastly, in order to fit the building on a maximum of 8 tiles (which will give it at least some chance of growing), I have removed one set of windows near the turret. Given the lag on my computer, I have also avoided modelling the hundreds of bulbs on the Hans Cres and Hans Roads sides.

With all of that said, if you are strictly puritanical about recreations being 100% accurate, then please do not download this.

The lot comes in two flavours: a growable Commercial Services and a ploppable, functional C§§§ lot, which is found in the Landmarks Menu. Both have the same stats.

STATS CS§§§ & Ploppable CS§§§:

Lot size :                    8 x 4
Growth Stage:          8 (Medium and High Density Zoning)/Ploppable
Bulldoze Cost:          §631
Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 11,140, CS§§ 2,787, CS§§§ 1,117
Pollution:                   50 (Air)/ 33 (Water)/ 67 (Garbage )
Pollution Radius:      6/7/0
Power Consumed:    209 Mwh
Water Consumed:    1,871 Gal/Month
Building Style:           Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro (N/A for Ploppable)
Occupant Group:      Commercial Services Building

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!

If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod.

DEPENDENCIES:

This lot does not require external dependencies.

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SimCoug

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Epic!  And that's just describing the night lights.  I actually like it when BATers take a bit of creative license and tinker with buildings a bit... this is a game after all and being able to adjust models to better fit in with SC4 shows a true mastery over the BATing skill.  Well done!  *:thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
rsc204

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Simply wonderful.

The white bulbs for the nite lights are fantastic and will really help to make this stand out in a night scene. How on earth did you make this so quickly, I'm super jealous of your skills.

matias93, mattb325 and pclark06 like this

Share this review

Link to review
tariely

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Grand (and the nite lites...!) I was just thinking of you yesterday, looking at some fine exemple of Jacobean and neo-Jacobean architecture, and wondering if there were more of those in your London Surprise Box :-)

mattb325 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
JP Schriefer

This is one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen to SC4. Thank you very much!

Share this review

Link to review
Prophet42

You are a true master!!  What a wonderful building.  Thanks for sharing!  I always look forward to your downloads.  Keep up the good work!

mattb325 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
will62russ

I am going to have a frigging heart attack!!!!!!!   And I already have heart failure.   This piece of work has to be in the top 10, or even top 5, of all-time from the get-go.  I don't know how you do it Mattb325, but keep doing it.  I will not give specifics about why I like it because it would not do the work of art justice.  Hope this inspires others to acheive such greatness.  Thank You.

mattb325 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

over all well done... 5/5, exceptional turn around yet maintaining quality... very good... attention to facade detail; a super work...

mattb325 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
SimNation

Another masterpiece, love your work as always glad you still make/release projects for this modern city building staple.  The detail on the brick textures I like the most, makes it look better than irl buildings.

mattb325 likes this

Share this review

Link to review

That was fast. This building is a masterpiece.

So much detail in so little time, you have a true gift.

mattb325 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
markussaage

My eyes went like *:ohyes:... OMG, what a creation! Thanks for sharing...

mattb325 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you  this was definitely missing from British content and what a beauty you have created    I have enjoyed just looking at the pics and reading the comments and know it will be a pleasure to see it in game soon

will62russ and mattb325 like this

Share this review

Link to review
thingfishs

That's a pretty amazing creation there Matt *:thumb:; and as has been touched upon, the length of gestation was a tad alarming!

mattb325 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
kingofsimcity

Mastercrafted model! I could stare at those night lights for hours.

mattb325 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
simlacroix

This is just SUPERB! Well done Matt, I even remembered that upon discovering this forum I tried unsuccessfully for Harrods here and I could not believe noone has tried and here you are, thanks a lot! This will look perfect in my Britcities. :)

mattb325 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Dino Dagner

This is a great masterpiece. Well done!

mattb325 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/22/2017

In order to conserve resources, we've disabled the global chatbar at the bottom of the site. Instead, the Chat can be accessed by clicking the top navigation tab. It will launch a new window. If you're not seeing this behavior, try clearing your browser's cache.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
      Gertrude Apartments, by Mattb325.
      A fictional development, based on a new build in the San Francisco, CA area, Gertrude apartments was created to compete with some of the mid-rise R§§§ apartment complexes which can become quite repetitive in game.
      This apartment building uses a series of massings and elevations to provide abundant natural light and cross ventilation to each of the generously sized apartments. This design also ensures that most terraces are private and that all but one is overlooked from neighbouring flats.
      This apartment building is 8 floors high (excluding the mechanical penthouse area). The lower floors contain a number of 2 & 3 bedroom + 2 bathroom apartments, while the upper floors are reserved for spacious 3-4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom apartments. 
      The 7th and 8th floor has only one 'sky home' with a spacious, private sun terrace and generous planter boxes.
      The communal grounds planting is of low maintenance conifers on well-lit, compact grounds making these lots a great option in all density areas. 
      The apartments are presented in two paint schemes: a deep, coffee colored scheme which looks great in dense, urban areas and a paler blue/green scheme inspired by the coast. Both are in prop families and will grow at random.
      These apartments are presented in 5 lot options: a 4x4, a 3x4, a 4x3, a 4x2 and a 2x4 lot. They grow on all tilesets and all have the same stats.
      These are a good mid-rise, high wealth, medium density filler lots for your cities.
      STATS R§§§:
      Lot size :                   2x4, 3x4, 4x2, 4x3, 4x4
      Growth Stage:         5 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 493
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 899, R§§ 497, R§§§ 219
      Pollution:                  3 (Air)/ 1 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  28 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   39 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Houston/Euro/NY/Chicago
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Residential Building

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. 
      (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      As these models contain garaged underground parking, the lots do not come with parking textures. Any parking textures that may appear in the in-game screen shots belong to adjacent lots and are not part of this download. If you wish to add acres of parking or change the type of concrete textures, please use the lot editor to do so.

DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC Texture Pack - CPVol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks.

• By nos.17
      This lot contains 45 lots (growable CS$ and CS$). Instead of uploading these all separately, I decided to do them all together in one mega pack to make downloading easier.
      These BATs were originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish these lots. He graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall.
      For comments/feedback/critique/praise visit my lot thread or drop me a pm. I'd be happy to help. Also, visit the website for full sized images.

-------
      Stats:
      -------
      1x1 to 4x4 Growable ONLY
      15-80 CS$ and/or CS$$ Jobs
      Plop Cost : $1500-3200
      Bulldoze Cost : $150-320
      Air/Water/GarbagePollution : Low
      Radiation : 0
      Flamability : 50 (ish)

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      BSC_TexturePack_Cycledogg_V 01
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures
      nos.17 Essentials (v04+)
      BSC Mega Props - JES Vol01
      BSC Mega Props - JES Vol02
      BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01
      BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol02
      LBT Mega Prop Pack v.01
      SHK Parking Pack
      BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01
      Murimk Prop Pack Vol03 - Industrials

Above all... have fun!
      nos.17
    • By Robban040
      Current project:
      "Project X" (until I find a suiting name...)

(go to the last page of this journal for more screenshots)

So I decided to start a new project, mainly due to the fact that my last city kept on crashing since the last patch.
      So anyway here it goes!;
      We start on small scale with a small village in a tropical mountainous landscape.

With such hot climate there quite alot of power demand keeping all those AC's up and running!

The railyard with the power plant in the background.

One of the highways going through the area. It aint cheap building those bridges!

• By korver
      Please view the full size resolution link here before casting your vote! The gallery doesn't tend to do mosaics/panoramas a lot of justice.
      The harbour city in all its glory. You may have seen my Sydney recreation before in my CJ True Earth here, but you've never seen it before like this. I felt like a panorama was the best way to truly capture this amazing city for this final challenge. This panorama showcases the entire center of the city from Hyde Park on the far left to North Sydney on the right, just past the iconic Harbour Bridge. To top things off, I decided to showcase the city in a sunset setting - while Sydney is amazing at all times of the day, I felt like there was just something truly magical about seeing Sydney in the sunset.
      Additional notes:
      This scene features countless buildings imported into the game - real, ingame assets, just like any other BAT you would download and use in the game yourself. The bridge and highway system can are completely modular, a picture illustrating this can be seen here. This scene as a whole also required extensive custom content creation. A majority of the buildings had to be custom lotted in addition to making 40-50 custom made Sydney road textures, complete with authentic bus and bike lanes.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• @Bipin Hi! Could you update the dependency links on this upload (and any other uploads of yours, which had dependencies on the sadly-no-existing-anymore SIMPEG page)? Thanks in advance! - Tyberius
    • Since this is growable, what size lot do I zone for this building to grow? (Ex. 2x2, 3x3, etc.?) Anyone who can answer this I'd appreciate it. 
    • This reminds me of the old one up by my house. The new Walmart got built next door in a big open area with the newer super center building, the old one now is a   Tractor supply Co., Dollar Tree and a little  Hibbett sports. 
    • Extract the file SimCity 4 Extra Cheats Plugin.dll to the root directory of your plugins folder. This means put the file in C:\...\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins. DO NOT put the file into a sub-folder, it will only work if placed into the main directory. Then enter your game and follow the instructions above. does this mean put it                 ||                                                       \/ \My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins [here]\sub-folder