• Moose

MGM Tower (Constellation Place) 1.0.0

(4.00)    (3 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

The MGM Tower (Constellation Place), is a tower of 35 floors, located in Century City, Los Angeles, CA. Built in 2003, for years it served as headquarters of the Golden Metro (MGM) until 2011, currently is home to Houlihan Lokey, ICM Partners and International Lease Finance Corporation (ILFC).

About the Model:
My first BAT and belongs to a Sketchup model, with its minor modifications.
* Does not count on night light.
*Monument
* Photo faces

I hope you like my first model, it is a bit bago but I hope to improve, I would like your criticism and observations, agradesco to "Diego del Llano" for its tips. Greetings and enjoy.

Model sourced from the 3D Warehouse, created by Google Geo Models.

bobolee, RandyE and AsimPika3172 like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Diego Del Llano

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Good your First BAT keep Practicing, and you'll see soon great things !! 

Share this review

Link to review
Prophet42

4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

Great first BAT!  I do have a couple of suggestions:

1) The base could use some added detail.  You could use planters, more trees, newspaper stands, etc... to spruce up the grounds.

2) The roof needs a little more work.  The details are not very crisp.  I would add some texture to the roof and a few more props.

3) Study other BATter's work to see what details they have added to their BATs to make them great.  A few suggestions would be Mattb325, Madhatter, Aarron Grahm, SimGobber...plus many others.

Overall, a great job on your first BAT.  I gave you 5/5.  Looking forward to further creations from you.  Keep up the good work.

RandyE and edwardjeria like this

Share this review

Link to review
His Divine Hand

1 of 4 members found this review helpful 1 / 4 members

This looks like a warehouse model with bad textures slapped on in sketchup; which you admit it is.

Honestly, this is a poor first showing by someone who has been around long enough to know better.  

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Diego Del Llano
      U.S. Bank Tower, formerly Library Tower and First Interstate Bank World Center, is a 1,018-foot (310.3 m) skyscraper at 633 West Fifth Street in downtown Los Angeles, California. It is the third tallest building in California, the second tallest building in LA, the fifteenth tallest in the United States, the third tallest west of the Mississippi River after the Salesforce Tower and the Wilshire Grand Tower, and the 92nd tallest building in the world, after being surpassed by the Wilshire Grand Center. Because local building codes required all high-rise buildings to have a helipad, it was known as the tallest building in the world with a roof-top heliport from its completion in 1989 to 2004 when Taipei 101 opened. It is also the third tallest building in a major active seismic region; its structure was designed to resist an earthquake of 8.3 on the Richter scale. It consists of 73 stories above ground and two parking levels below ground. Construction began in 1987 with completion in 1989. The building was designed by Henry N. Cobb of the architectural firm Pei Cobb Freed & Partners and cost $350 million to build. It is one of the most recognizable buildings in Los Angeles, and often appears in establishing shots for the city in films and television programs.

PLEASE, DELETE OLD VERSION
      This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 6,000 CO$$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins
    • By Diego Del Llano
      The Transamerica Pyramid at 600 Montgomery Street between Clay and Washington Streets in the Financial District of San Francisco, California, is a 48-story postmodern building and the second-tallest skyscraper in the San Francisco skyline. Its height will be surpassed by Salesforce Tower, currently under construction.The building no longer houses the headquarters of the Transamerica Corporation, which moved its U.S. headquarters to Baltimore, Maryland, but it is still associated with the company and is depicted in the company's logo. Designed by architect William Pereira and built by Hathaway Dinwiddie Construction Company, at 853 ft (260 m), on completion in 1972 it was the eighth tallest building in the world.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 4,000 CO$$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins
    • By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      this is what's going on, 
      i downloaded this building from 3D warehouse, and i opened it up in sketchup2016, then i exported it as a 3Ds, then i tried importing it into BAT, BUT when it render it in BAT, it doesn't have a texture on it, it's just the shape of the building colored white.
      How do i get the texture of it to show up?
      please help, if you need more information just ask.
      please help 

here's a visual of whats going on:

• By mattb325
      Former First Federal Savings and Loan California, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      It's not only "old" buildings that are demolished in the name of the progress.
      This building was constructed in 1959 and used to stand at the corner of Hollywood and Highland Ave, Los Angeles. It formed and framed a famous part of the view from Graumans Chinese Theatre down Hollywood Blvd.
      It was demolished in the late 80s for the Hollywood & Highland project (i.e. where the Academy awards are filmed now).
      While this is not an exact recration of the old First Federal Bank, it is a good example of the Southern Californian mid-century, heavy-set, mid-rise office building.
      The beauty of these buildings is sheer quality of their materials: polished limestone with contrasting highly polished granite base, crittal steel windows and polished marble forecourts, but "progress", as well as the need to expensively retro-fit many mid-century buildings in shaky California saw these gems consigned to the wrecking ball.
      To make it a little bit different, I've angled it 45 degrees for a corner lot as there really aren't many such taller buildings in this game and by doing this it complements a lot of the taller angled residentials from Sim Fox, Bixel, HKABT et al.
      This building is offered as a growable high-wealth mid-rise building on all tilesets. It grows easily, but as it is limited to a 4x4 corner lot (there is one for both left and right corners) it isn't weedy. Hold the CTRL key while zoning to ensure that you get the lot size.
      Stats, links and dependencies are listed below.

STATS (CO§§§):
      Growth Stage:           6&7 (medium and high density zones)
      Bulldoze Cost:          §869
      Capacity Satisfied:  CO§§ 2,479, CO§§§ 1,735
      Pollution:                   10 (Air)/ 10 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:      6/7/0
      Power Consumed:   70 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    758 Gal/Month
      Building Style:           Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:      Commercial Office Building
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot or Desc files!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod:
      DEPENDENCIES:

*BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790
      To install, simply unzip the file into your plugins folder.
      Thankyou and enjoy.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• You really only need the building files. (.Desc and .Model) It's against STEX's rules to re-upload them.
    • Oh...okay. I c know. I didn't realize I didn't need the original.
    • Sounds to me like you may be missing the original building files.
    • Whops! @nos.17 I have the same problem. I have all the dependencies, but as you can see there is no actual building. I tried several ways: put the original prop desc and model (-a, -b) files in the same time; only the model files; the model files and the zzLM15x12_AllianzArena file in the same time. No changes. Always get the same result, what you can see on the picture. I checked with SC4Tool and I think the uploaded version doesn't contains the necessary building/prop descriptors, because in the Tool everything is green, but I didn't see the original buildings listed among the dependencies, so actually they are not in the lot or so... EDIT (before sending): So there is some other problem: you add wrongly the MM 40ft trailer as a dependency, because you used KoSC IRM essential and the prop families from that set (if I remove this and put only the dependency what you linked, I get error in Sc4Tool). I investigated the issue with an empty plugin folder which only contained this lot and the dependencies what you listed. There is one more textures Dependency: BSC Textures 1. Oh and of course you used your own essential I guess, but you forgot to list above... But the bigger problem is that as you can see the 3rd and 4th pictures, the CSX megapack 1 is using the same prop ID than the Allianz building prop desc file. The other problem, that you probably forgot to attach your prop desc files for this lot, because the original one is conflicting with CSX megapack... When I emptied the plugin folder I got the building properly with its own prop desc files (so I didn't have the CSX pack and the prop desc in my plugin folder in the same time, but You said, we only need the model files), but obviously you used a new prop desc file for this, just haven't attached... Can you check and update this, because it's amazing and I would like to use! Thanks in advance! - Tyberius  
    • @kellydale2003 As I said in the review it's avesome stuff, I would have only one request. Could you next time make a notice on the description, that the growable version is only compatible with CAM by default...  I was wondering why I haven't seen growing your stuffs in my cities (f.e. Linda Swampy), and took an other look to the lot files I see, that some of them is CAMified, and I don't play with CAM... Linda Swampy is a stage 10 I-Ht... So that would be worth a mention I guess for those who doesn't use the CAM as well... Thanks in advance!  - Tyberius