• Moose

ESP15 Hearst Tower ESP15 Hearst Tower

(4.00)    (4 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

The Hearst Tower is a building with the addresses of 300 West 57th Street and 959 Eighth Avenue,[2] near Columbus Circle, in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It is the world headquarters of Hearst Communications, housing the numerous publications and communications companies of the media conglomerate under one roof, including, among others, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Marie Claire, Harper's Bazaar, Good Housekeeping, and Seventeen.

The six-story base of the headquarters building was commissioned by the founder, William Randolph Hearst, and awarded to the architect Joseph Urban. The building was completed in 1928[3] at a cost of $2 million and contained 40,000 square feet (3,700 m2). The original cast stone facade has been preserved in the new design as a designated Landmark site. Originally built as the base for a proposed skyscraper, the construction of the tower was postponed due to the Great Depression. The new tower addition was completed nearly eighty years later, and 2,000 Hearst employees moved in on June 26, 2006.

Is a Landmark version.

I'm sorry for my failure to load. I have done it again and I hope it will work now. I hope you like it.

thanks for everything!

Model sourced from the 3D Warehouse, created by Google Geo Models.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Parisian

8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Hey Guy. That is cool you are giving an interest for NYC buildings. Those models you choose are truly interesting models, particularly the Hearst Tower....

BUT, the problem is that those models you upload are just simple textured box...  So in term of quality it's not that good, and the texture need some more work as long as the rest of the model. You could decide to learn a little, how to BAT and recreate those models out of Sketchup import/Gmax export.

I gave you a 3 (because you show a very passionnate will to build, but a 3 because those models definetly needs more work). 

will62russ and ESP15 like this

Share this review

Link to review
RandyE

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Regardless of any technical or other detail regarding this building.  It is the first building I've seen that thoroughly looks like a glass building in SC4 according to my screen settings.   Its more than a model, its magic. :ohyes: 

ESP15 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

thank you  looks interesting   nice model

ESP15 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
ESP15

@Parisian Thanks for your opinion. I am passionate about the world of architecture. I love New York and for me it is a passion and a dream to recreate it in this great game. I would love to learn as much as possible so I can share with all my best version of all my models. Thank you for your vote and the rest of fellow Simtropolis!

JP Schriefer likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      i make A LOT of buildings in SimCity 4 with BAT, and i've been having this problem for quite a while. the buildings are getting 'mixed up' with each other. and it's getting annoying
      here's a video of an example of whats going on:
      does anyone know how to fix this?  please help! ♥ 
    • By JP Schriefer

Here I'll show you how my BATs are looking and your tips, comments and suggestions are welcome

261 5th Avenue
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Great Southwest Building
      (Houston, TX, USA)
      Continental Tower
      (São Paulo, SP, Brazil)
      Capital Building
      (São Paulo, SP, Brazil)
      Park Tower
      (São Paulo, SP, Brazil)
      Sophia Building
      (Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil)
      Saint Thomas Building
      Castelo Del Mar
      (Recife, PE, Brazil)
      32 Court Street
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      15 Goitacazes Street
      1001 6th Avenue
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Hauzeff Building
      (Molching Feinßed, EU, Molching)
      Palácio do Planalto
      (Brasília, DF, Brazil)
      Tiradentes Building
      Solar das Paineiras - Residential
      Magnolia Building
      (Dallas, TX, USA)
      Museu da Inconfidência
      (Ouro Preto, MG, Brazil)
      Porthos Building
      (Eindhoven, NB, Netherlands)
      32 Old Slip
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      John Wesley United Church
      (Sault Ste Marie, ON, Canada)
      Habib's
      Central Bank of Brazil
      (Brasília, DF, Brazil)
      Little Whinging Style House
      (Little Whinging, England)

Hampshire House
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Santiago Civic Buildings
      (Santiago, RM, Chile)
      Aria Condos
      (Philadelphia, PA, USA)
      Edifício Acaiaca
      500 5th Avenue
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Singer Building
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Kemper Building
      (Chicago, IL, USA)
      John Adams Building
      (Washington D.C., USA)
      Skatteskrapan
      (Stockholm, Sodermanland, Sweden)
      Maracanã
      (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
      Pripyat Azure Pool
      (Pripyat, Ukraine)
      Parc Avignon Residential
      Hearst Tower
      (New York City, NY, USA)
      Colégio Loyola
      Palácio Tiradentes
      Mineirão
      Copacabana Palace
      (Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil)
      Tacoma Financial Center
      (Tacoma, WA, USA)
      German Appartments Blocks
      (Erlangen, BY, Germany)
    • By Diego Del Llano
      The Columbia Center, formerly named the Bank of America Tower and Columbia Seafirst Center, is a skyscraper in downtown Seattle, Washington. The 76-story structure is the tallest building in Seattle and the state of Washington, reaching a height of 937 ft (286 m). At the time of its completion, the Columbia Center was the tallest structure on the West Coast; as of 2017, it is the fourth-tallest, behind buildings in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
      The Columbia Center, developed by Martin Selig and designed by Chester L. Lindsey Architects, began construction in 1982 and was completed in 1985. The building is primarily leased for class-A office spaces by various companies, with the lower floors including retail space and the upper floors including a public observatory and private club lounge. The tower has the tallest public viewing area on the West Coast and west of the Mississippi. It occupies most of the block bounded by Fourth and Fifth Avenues and Cherry and Columbia Streets.

PLEASE, DELETE OLD VERSION
      This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 5,000 CO$$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins
    • By Seraf
      Nos. 31-33 Madison Avenue - Two townhouses in Italianate style that stood on Madison Avenue between 25th and 26th street till 1954 when they were demolished to make way for Appellate Courthouse annex. This BAT is a recreation of the condition from around 1912 when No.31 was modernized and converted for commercial use.
      This BAT has a special version for winter, it will appear when game date will reach 15th of Dec.
      Lot size: 1x2
      Versions: 1
      - Landmark

Dependencies:
      SimFox Day n Nite Modd (For DarkNite Version only)
      NYBT Essentials

Thanks to all people who helped with this BAT.
      Enjoy!
    • By JP Schriefer
      261 5th Avenue is a 26-story high-rise building located in New York City, U.S. Built in 1929 in art deco style, the building offers several commercial offices.

INFORMATIONS
      The model is available in two versions - Landmark and Commercial Office. Both are W2W.

Landmark
      Plop cost: 100,000
      Lot size: 3x2

Commercial Office:
      Lot Size: 3x2
      CO$$$: 6,000
      CO$$: 8,000

INSTALLATION
      Unzip the files from the .zip to your Plugins folder. There are four .zip files in the download area. Be aware!

261 5th Avenue (Landmark - MN): this is the Landmark version for those who do not use SimFox Day and Nite Modd.

261 5th Avenue (Landmark - DN): this is the Landmark version for those using SimFox Day and Nite Modd.

261 5th Avenue (Commercial Office - MN): this is the Commercial Office version for those who do not use SimFox Day and Nite Modd.

261 5th Avenue (Commercial Office - DN): this is the Commercial Office version for those using SimFox Day and Nite Modd.
      NOTE: if you download both MN or DN .zips, I highly suggest you to delete one .SC4Model file, but never both.

DEPENDENCIES
      SimFox Day and Nite modd (for Darknite users only).

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Wow, what a fantastic building! I like the intricate shapes of this one, and the many different areas. There are so many details to take in that it really takes a while to grasp the entire structure. I also agree that there's not much going in in terms of conference centres, so this really fills a gap. Kudos for all the reward modding too - I know that part is pretty tedious und ungratifying work (unless you're some sick masochist ). What I also like is how well the lot complements the building, and it acomplishes that with so few and so simple means. Just a few default overlays and props, and we have a lot that leaves nothing to be desired. The one tiny suggestion I have is that all your recent buildings have had their names (and, in cases like this one, also their function) baked into the model. This is not bad generally because it allows a better visual appearance, but sometimes it limits flexibility a bit. The building in question could totally double as a modern city college, for example, or maybe even as a university (not all modern universities are sitting on a lush campus, after all!), but then there's the "Convention Center" lettering in front. I guess it can be covered with cleverly placed flora props... Fun fact: I never knew that there was an Occupant Group "burning dude maker" - what the...???
    • Do we need to delete Oppie's and replace yours?   Ps. Thank you so much for revamping this amazing mod.
    • Can someone make the Wilshire Grand Tower for SimCity3000?
    • With regard to the issue of content, the disjunctive perturbation of the spatial relationships brings within the realm of discourse the distinctive formal juxtapositions.