ESP15 Hearst Tower ESP15 Hearst Tower

(4.20)    (5 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

The Hearst Tower is a building with the addresses of 300 West 57th Street and 959 Eighth Avenue,[2] near Columbus Circle, in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It is the world headquarters of Hearst Communications, housing the numerous publications and communications companies of the media conglomerate under one roof, including, among others, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Marie Claire, Harper's Bazaar, Good Housekeeping, and Seventeen.

The six-story base of the headquarters building was commissioned by the founder, William Randolph Hearst, and awarded to the architect Joseph Urban. The building was completed in 1928[3] at a cost of $2 million and contained 40,000 square feet (3,700 m2). The original cast stone facade has been preserved in the new design as a designated Landmark site. Originally built as the base for a proposed skyscraper, the construction of the tower was postponed due to the Great Depression. The new tower addition was completed nearly eighty years later, and 2,000 Hearst employees moved in on June 26, 2006.

Is a Landmark version.

I'm sorry for my failure to load. I have done it again and I hope it will work now. I hope you like it.

thanks for everything!

Model sourced from the 3D Warehouse, created by Google Geo Models.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Parisian

8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Hey Guy. That is cool you are giving an interest for NYC buildings. Those models you choose are truly interesting models, particularly the Hearst Tower....

BUT, the problem is that those models you upload are just simple textured box...  So in term of quality it's not that good, and the texture need some more work as long as the rest of the model. You could decide to learn a little, how to BAT and recreate those models out of Sketchup import/Gmax export.

I gave you a 3 (because you show a very passionnate will to build, but a 3 because those models definetly needs more work). 

Share this review

Link to review
RandyE

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Regardless of any technical or other detail regarding this building.  It is the first building I've seen that thoroughly looks like a glass building in SC4 according to my screen settings.   Its more than a model, its magic. :ohyes: 

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

thank you  looks interesting   nice model

Share this review

Link to review
ESP15

@Parisian Thanks for your opinion. I am passionate about the world of architecture. I love New York and for me it is a passion and a dream to recreate it in this great game. I would love to learn as much as possible so I can share with all my best version of all my models. Thank you for your vote and the rest of fellow Simtropolis!

Share this review

Link to review

volume5_md.pngURGENT! We need your help!

We urgently need your help to meet our September goal!

Please consider a donation today.

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation goes to help us keep the site running free.

Enjoy the site!

OK - See STEX Collections