• Moose

SimCoug's Farmhouses R$ 1.0.0

(5.00)    (9 Reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Description:
This is a set of 30 growable R$ Farmhouse lots that are designed to fit in rural settings.
There are two lot sizes - 3x5 and 5x5. The odd lot sizes was intended to ensure that you will have a good chance to grow these lots.  
Be sure to use the shift key and measure out the exact lot size you wish (3x5 or 5x5)
Each lot size has an assortment of lots that vary from Stage 1 to 3.  
The look of the lots mirror the growth stages, with Stage 1 lots containing 1 or 2 houses, while stage 2 and 3 lots are more developed.
As always, prop families are used exensivly and you will not see the same lot appear twice.   
These 'farmhouses' will only grow on the Chicago tile set (growth stages 1-3).

Dependencies:
BSC Textures Pack CycleDog Vol 1
BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01
BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol02
BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01
BSC Mega Props - JMyers Agriculture 01
BSC Mega Props - JMyers Agriculture 02
BSC MEGA Props - MJB Vol01
CP Early 19th Century Small $ Houses ('CP_Early19thCentury_Small$Houses.dat' file only)
JMyers Homes Vol 01 ('Props' and 'Textures' folders only) 
JMyers Farms - Corn Crops Vol 2 (.sc4model and .desc files only - lot files are not necessary)
SPAM Super Resource Pack (If you already use the full SPAM MOD you do not need this)
Wild West Shotgun House Growable by onlyplace4 ('Wild West Shotgun House Props.dat' file only)
wmp_fence_props03.dat
wmp_garden_props02.dat
KrashSpeed Mailbox Set
Maxis bldgprop_vol1.dat & bldgprop_vol2.dat (everyone should have these)

Installation:
Simply unzip the file and put the entire 'SimCougs R$ Farmhouses' folder in your plugins (don't forget the dependencies).  

Developer notes: 
I know, I know, you are all thinking "Holy stinkin' propbarf Batman!"  
Yes, I realize the dependency list is extensive, but I like details on my lots, and these prop and texture packs have been hand-picked to offer the greatest bang for the buck.
As always, prop families were used extensively, so I guarantee you will not find the exact same lot twice (and if you do, you should buy a lotto ticket).
These lots were put together with my CJ 'New SorGun' in mind, so they have more historical/rural feel but they will not look out of place in your rural areas.
These lots look best when used in conjunction with other rural SC4 resources (like farm fields, orchards, etc).      

Support:
For questions regarding this set, please feel free to visit my Lot Development Thread (SimCoug's Lot Den).

Special Thanks:
An extra special thanks goes out to krashspeed for allowing me to use and distribute his rural baskebtall hoop prop.
Thanks to OP4 for creating the BLAM blank, which was used as the model for these lots.
Thanks to the great BATers who generously shared their creations - this set would not be possible without them.  
Also, thanks for the gang over at SimPeg for all the suggestions and encouragement.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Prophet42

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Absolutely fantastic!!!  I'm always on the look out for realistic farms...and these fit the bill!

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

super awesome well done 5/5

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Jasoncw

These look great and I particularly like the attention to detail on the ground textures. 

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
MissVanleider

Thank you for making and letting us all download these. They will spice up farmland no end

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
tariely

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

(OMG he's back !) Wonderful lots. (He's back, he's back !)

SimCoug and JP Schriefer like this

Share this review

Link to review
JP Schriefer

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Those are some very nice farms, a very good addition to rural areas (oh rural, don't you say, JP)

I was trying to do some rural scenes some days ago and these will be a good reason to continue. Thank you SimCoug *:)

matias93 and SimCoug like this

Share this review

Link to review
Talla 2XLC

Cant have enough Farms, something SC4 is lacking of :)

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
IDS2

These look really spiffy. Great job, thanks for these!

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
FrankU

Really beautiful work! 5/5

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Chief ZDN
      Hello everyone,
      I'll ask you with 2 question. Can we create network from scratch now or in the future? If available, will it included in the NAM?
      I hope you make solutions to above questions (especially first question). I'm not arrogant or have the knowledge. I know this is difficult. But, starter pieces system has some minuses, like must place the starter piece.
      Thank you.
    • By Jolteon
      A tiny insignificant village next to a tiny insignificant highway.

• By Evanjs
      I have always loved @RRetail And @nos.17 re-lots so I have stated my own re-lots. More to come soon.

Update 1.

• By UrbanFoxx
      Minderia
      The land of Technology

On February 4, 1991, the US State of Minderia was granted independence after a referendum on the issue the previous year. Located on a giant island west of Los Angeles, it shares a water border with the United States, and its capital is Minderia City, which was only founded in 1977. This SimCity 4 YouTube City Journal is meant to follow the growth of the seven major cities of Minderia. In the end, (sometime in 2020) we will have a city journal finally worthy of being on the City Journal section of this site (which is probably when ST 10.0 will be released)

Without further ado, here's Part 1 of the series!

Here's a rundown on what has been done in this video. In the first entry to this series, we make the interchange of Highway MA4 and MA7 on the South Split as well as build up a retail park, which will be moved further down south because it doesn't exactly look realistic where it sits now. Other than that, I forgot the skyscraper re-lots from KOSC, yeah. Gonna half to download those before the next episode.
    • By FrankU
      This is the third set of my Dutch Housing project. It contains models from Dutch or Dutch-like architecture built roughly between 1920 and 1970. The set counts 88 different lots in R$, R$$ and R$$$, in several sizes and several growth stages.
      A small remark: from the Mntoes download you need to use the SD props, not the HD. Because they have different TGI you would end up with brown boxes. These have their own beauty, but the lots would not look like I intended.
      You need an awful lot of dependencies, although most of them are very common ones.
      BSC_TexturePack_Cycledogg_V 01b               
      BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01                        
      BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01                          
      BSC MEGA Props - MJB Vol01                       
      BSC MEGA Props - swi21 Vol01                      
      BSC MEGA Props - D66 Vol01                        
      BSC MEGA Props - Gascooker Vol01              
      BSC MEGA Props JRJ Vol04                          
      BSC MEGA Props JRJ Vol05                          
      BSC MEGA Props - RT Vol01                          
      BSC MEGA Props - Misc vol 1                        
      Haarlemmergold MEGA Pack Dutch Vol01       
      Rietveld-Schreuderhuis Utrecht                         
      Mntoes Holt Farm Close
      BNL Essentials v2.0                                        
      Murimk Bicycles
      WAS Dutch Props

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• If anything it's possible for a river with lots of flow to widen abruptly when the channel shape shifts from deep and narrow to wide and shallow.
    • @mattb325 Yes, I enjoy doing this on my days off. I will have a Kmart, Walmart, and Lowes foods tomorrow.
    • I do plan on doing more to these lots, I'm am looking for some tree and plants props, I did place car props but that don't seem to come up maybe try redoing. I also plan on do more gat station by Deadwood. And a little more of B62. 
    • Haha! Thanks @T Wrecks - I have visited that site plenty of times before, it is very good for a laugh, but had forgotten about it for a while. There's also this one which shows just the opposite end of the hell-spectrum: http://terriblerealestateagentphotos.com/
    • It's good to have yo on board as a lotter, and even better to see old models aren't that forsaken after all. For the fist one (which I like best model-wise), the base texture is not ideal IMO, however. It blurs with the roof of the shop building, makes it hard to tell what's going on on the lot, and it also contrasts very strongly with the modeled concrete around the petrol pumps. I think a very light grey would complement the buildings a bit better. The second one is similar, plus I think it the lot may be somewhat big for the building. All of the lots could use some more props - maybe a fence around the back, some parked cars, the odd oil drum here or there, maybe some crates and/or a dumpster behind the building, or a trashcan somewhere... deadwoods has made some really neat servo station props for his "Deadwoods Petrol" series that you could also use to great effect. As it stands, the lots look kinda barren and deserted. Since you're using SHK's textures & props anyway, you could also try to get some more mileage out of them; perhaps by putting some defined parking spots near the shop building. But most importantly, have fun and keep 'em coming!