• Moose

SimCoug's Farmhouses R$ 1.0.0

(5.00)    (9 Reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Description:
This is a set of 30 growable R$ Farmhouse lots that are designed to fit in rural settings.
There are two lot sizes - 3x5 and 5x5. The odd lot sizes was intended to ensure that you will have a good chance to grow these lots.  
Be sure to use the shift key and measure out the exact lot size you wish (3x5 or 5x5)
Each lot size has an assortment of lots that vary from Stage 1 to 3.  
The look of the lots mirror the growth stages, with Stage 1 lots containing 1 or 2 houses, while stage 2 and 3 lots are more developed.
As always, prop families are used exensivly and you will not see the same lot appear twice.   
These 'farmhouses' will only grow on the Chicago tile set (growth stages 1-3).

Dependencies:
BSC Textures Pack CycleDog Vol 1
BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01
BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol02
BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01
BSC Mega Props - JMyers Agriculture 01
BSC Mega Props - JMyers Agriculture 02
BSC MEGA Props - MJB Vol01
CP Early 19th Century Small $ Houses ('CP_Early19thCentury_Small$Houses.dat' file only)
JMyers Homes Vol 01 ('Props' and 'Textures' folders only) 
JMyers Farms - Corn Crops Vol 2 (.sc4model and .desc files only - lot files are not necessary)
SPAM Super Resource Pack (If you already use the full SPAM MOD you do not need this)
Wild West Shotgun House Growable by onlyplace4 ('Wild West Shotgun House Props.dat' file only)
wmp_fence_props03.dat
wmp_garden_props02.dat
KrashSpeed Mailbox Set
Maxis bldgprop_vol1.dat & bldgprop_vol2.dat (everyone should have these)

Installation:
Simply unzip the file and put the entire 'SimCougs R$ Farmhouses' folder in your plugins (don't forget the dependencies).  

Developer notes: 
I know, I know, you are all thinking "Holy stinkin' propbarf Batman!"  
Yes, I realize the dependency list is extensive, but I like details on my lots, and these prop and texture packs have been hand-picked to offer the greatest bang for the buck.
As always, prop families were used extensively, so I guarantee you will not find the exact same lot twice (and if you do, you should buy a lotto ticket).
These lots were put together with my CJ 'New SorGun' in mind, so they have more historical/rural feel but they will not look out of place in your rural areas.
These lots look best when used in conjunction with other rural SC4 resources (like farm fields, orchards, etc).      

Support:
For questions regarding this set, please feel free to visit my Lot Development Thread (SimCoug's Lot Den).

Special Thanks:
An extra special thanks goes out to krashspeed for allowing me to use and distribute his rural baskebtall hoop prop.
Thanks to OP4 for creating the BLAM blank, which was used as the model for these lots.
Thanks to the great BATers who generously shared their creations - this set would not be possible without them.  
Also, thanks for the gang over at SimPeg for all the suggestions and encouragement.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Prophet42

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Absolutely fantastic!!!  I'm always on the look out for realistic farms...and these fit the bill!

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

super awesome well done 5/5

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Jasoncw

These look great and I particularly like the attention to detail on the ground textures. 

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
MissVanleider

Thank you for making and letting us all download these. They will spice up farmland no end

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
tariely

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

(OMG he's back !) Wonderful lots. (He's back, he's back !)

SimCoug and JP Schriefer like this

Share this review

Link to review
JP Schriefer

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Those are some very nice farms, a very good addition to rural areas (oh rural, don't you say, JP)

I was trying to do some rural scenes some days ago and these will be a good reason to continue. Thank you SimCoug *:)

SimCoug and matias93 like this

Share this review

Link to review
Talla 2XLC

Cant have enough Farms, something SC4 is lacking of :)

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
IDS2

These look really spiffy. Great job, thanks for these!

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
FrankU

Really beautiful work! 5/5

SimCoug likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Bombardiere
      This Bat pack is a facsimile of building in Bedford Square, London, WC1. These are not exact copies, façades are close to real buildings, but the back sides are mostly of my imagination. I have also been very creative with the corner buildings. Still I hope that these give a feel of Bedford Square architecture. In total this pack consist 12 BAT models.

Bedford Square is built in 1783 as an upper middle class residential area. It was a part of the speculated building boom, which saw London grow to North and West during late 18th Century. Bedford Square is one of the best preserved Georgian Squares in London and thus I feel it is a fine example of the Georgian architecture.

Today these buildings are mostly commercial offices, but I have lotted these as residential buildings. As these were at the time of the building. The wealth level is bit of touch and go, because today a such of flat in London would cost a fortune. Still I feel that High Wealth in SC4 would require certain level of grandeur, simply being old is not good enough, so I lotted only stucco buildings as High Wealth and brick face ones are Medium Wealth. My compromise and these can be easily change if needed.

The corner buildings are available as ploppable CO$$ versions and I have included a few models as 45 degree diagonal bonuses. I haven’t lotted diagonals and as I have a little experience about diagonals, I haven’t yet figured out how to use those efficiently. May be some can and is able to use bonus diagonals.

The model is HD and with Maxis and Dark Night version. Night versions share IDs, so if you have both versions in the city, those will most likely conflict. Due the nature of the wells, these are not slope friendly and are at the best on relative flat terrain.

If there is a demand for SD versions, I might consider it. So if you want SD BATs, please make a request.

Dependencies

Most buildings occupy a full lot, so the dependencies are essentially optional. However, a few lots have space on the back, so I have used some HD props on those.

Vortext Texture Vol1
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3211

BSC - VIP girafe ashes (v. 1.0)
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2854

BSC - VIP girafe berries (v1.0)
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2888

BSC - VIP girafe lindens (v1.0)
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2869

Historic Harbor
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29880-historic-harbor/

6 Bedford Square

Lot 1x2
      Capacity Satisfied R$ 89, R$$ 51, R$$$ 24
      Building Value 1359
      Bulldoze Cost 319
      Pollution Air: 1, Water: 1, Garbage 4
      Water Consumed 7
      Power Consumed 3

31 Bedford Square

Lot 1x3
      Capacity satisfied R$ 121, R$$ 68, R$$$ 31
      Building Value 1847
      Bulldoze Cost 319
      Water Consumed 8
      Power Consumed 4

The Bloomsbury Club

Lot 1x2, 1x3
      Capacity satisfied CS$ 290, C$$ 75, CS$$$ 32
      Building Value 2818
      Bulldoze Cost 319
      Water Consumed 78
      Power Consumed 9

3-5 Bedford Square

Lot 2x2
      Capacity satisfied R$ 116, R$$ 65
      Building Value 1673
      Bulldoze Cost 300
      Water Consumed 4
      Power Consumed 1

21 Bedford Square

Lot 2x1
      Capacity satisfied R$ 100, R$$ 56
      Building Value 1443
      Bulldoze Cost 298
      Water Consumed 4
      Power Consumed 1

1 Bedford Square, Left and Right Corner

Lot 1x1
      Capacity satisfied R$ 38, R$$ 22
      Building Value 548
      Bulldoze Cost 298
      Water Consumed 2
      Power Consumed 1

Bedford Corner, Left and Right Corner

Lot 1x2
      Capacity satisfied R$ 78, R$$ 44
      Building Value 1125
      Bulldoze Cost 298
      Water Consumed 3
      Power Consumed 1

Bedford Square 1, Left and Right Corner Ploppable

Lot 1x1
      Capacity satisfied CO$$ 38
      Building Value 365
      Bulldoze Cost 298
      Water Consumed 17
      Power Consumed 1
      Plop Cost 4166

Bedford Corner, Left and Right Corner Ploppable

Lot 1x2
      Capacity satisfied CO$$ 56
      Building Value 391
      Bulldoze Cost 298
      Water Consumed 21
      Power Consumed 2
      Plop Cost 4166
    • By kellydale2003
      I Kellydale2003 present to you
      the Russian-Canadian-Torontonian
      inspired luxury residentials...

Vohcem Condominiums!

Vohcem Condominiums on the Lakeshore is a 100% fictional tower inspired by the amazing condos of the South Core of Downtown Toronto located along Lakeshore Boulevard. The tall yet slim structures of Downtown Toronto's South Core house thousands of Toronto residents in their ultra-modern luxury condo suites! The most recent trend in condo markets has been the partial or full rental of the condo suites to local or international hotels... making the Toronto condo market boom even more and inspire more projects like this!
      When I (Kellydale2003) first thought of building a tower like this I just started with a square, bent the edges, and rotated it slightly to break away from the traditional orientation of buildings in SimCity 4! The treated and inspired glass taught me an important lesson; Focal points can be made from the busy reflective windows. Therefore the yellow, blue, and grey facade was designed as a focal point for the whole tower... giving more culture and architectural interest to the tower.
      Soaring at a humble 36 stories of 175.4m (120% for SimCity 4) it fits in a comfortable 2x3 (32x48m) lot.

The name "Vohcem" comes from the Russian word for the number "eight".

As my personal policy always abides... NO dependencies! (:

Download the MAXIS NIGHT file if you do not have SimFox's Darknight installed in your plugins!
      Download the DARK NIGHT file if you have Dark Night installed!

For more upcoming projects visit my thread! (:

Enjoy!

, Kellydale2003

ps; I do know that the phonetic version of 'eight' in Russian is spelled differently! But for anyone who knows Canadians... We like to spell things our own way and is still legally and officially the right way of spelling it! eh! (:

ps2; You're on a Canadian website... So bleh :b you "Grammar-ologists!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      This is from the Ontario Creation Team!
      - Search "#OCT" to find further creations from us, or click the photo below to
      view upcoming projects and discussions! Thank you (:
    • By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      i make A LOT of buildings in SimCity 4 with BAT, and i've been having this problem for quite a while. the buildings are getting 'mixed up' with each other. and it's getting annoying
      here's a video of an example of whats going on:
      does anyone know how to fix this?  please help! ♥ 
    • By CorinaMarie
      Introducing Temere Locus Full, the 4th map in my could-be-a-real-place-but-isn't series.
      This is a SimCity 4 region I created using the Offline Planet Map Generator. (If you want the program, scroll down there and it's the first linky under the pictures. Get the one that includes the source code because that also has the color table files.) I used 942669825 seed number and magnification set to level to 1.0. To avoid having to adjust the gamma color level in GIMP I set the -i parameter to -0.051 for creating the grayscale image. (This adjusts the initial altitude for the sea level as seen by the Planet.Exe program.) Here's the complete command line I used:
      Planet.Exe -X -pq -s 0.942669825 -m 1.0 -C Greyscale.col -w 3073 -h 1536 -i -0.051 -o 942669825-08-(12x6Lg)-SC4Gray.bmp
      ^ If that line wraps it's not supposed to when you do that at the Dos command line.
      You might notice the height parameter is set to 1536 even tho we want 1537. This is because otherwise the program will create a single pixel white row across the top which turns into a wall when rendering in SC4. So, once the grayscale was generated I pulled it up in GIMP and scaled it to 3073 x 1537. (This is the size for 12 x 6 large city tiles (72 total). Then I added Gaussian Blur of 15.0 both horizontally and vertically to make the rendered map more slope mod friendly. And finally, I set the mode to true grayscale before saving it. Additionally, I modified the Columbus Terrain Mod 2 by setting MaxBeachWidth to 0x9 and MaxBeachAltitude to 9. I feel this defines the coast lines better.
      The pictures above are:
      Simulated SC4 height map as seen in game of the mini map with All Off and Zones data views. Same as # 1 with Contour Lines added. Mollweide projection as if this were a planet (cause it looks cool) Satellite view from Region Census Traffic view from Region Census To use: Put the three files in a folder called Temere Locus Full under your Region folder of SimCity 4 in your Documents.  Then simply render in game with Shift+Control+Alt+r from that region screen like any other grayscale import.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Thanks, T Wrecks...rewards are such a giant pain to make! So I usually try and put something daft in to try and compensate...this is my nod to the g20 . As far as I know, the OG doesn't do anything, but there is an ATR file in sim city1. dat  (I think it's 0x49a59e37 - 0x01601900), but it might have been deemed a bit too graphic, or it could just have been like the other dozen or so atr files that aren't used in anything....   Oh, and btw, citybuilder234, the building looks like whatever I tell you it looks like.....
    • It doesn't even look like a convention center. Looks like a building at a community college or a state university.
    • Wow, what a fantastic building! I like the intricate shapes of this one, and the many different areas. There are so many details to take in that it really takes a while to grasp the entire structure. I also agree that there's not much going in in terms of conference centres, so this really fills a gap. Kudos for all the reward modding too - I know that part is pretty tedious und ungratifying work (unless you're some sick masochist ). What I also like is how well the lot complements the building, and it acomplishes that with so few and so simple means. Just a few default overlays and props, and we have a lot that leaves nothing to be desired. The one tiny suggestion I have is that all your recent buildings have had their names (and, in cases like this one, also their function) baked into the model. This is not bad generally because it allows a better visual appearance, but sometimes it limits flexibility a bit. The building in question could totally double as a modern city college, for example, or maybe even as a university (not all modern universities are sitting on a lush campus, after all!), but then there's the "Convention Center" lettering in front. I guess it can be covered with cleverly placed flora props... Fun fact: I never knew that there was an Occupant Group "burning dude maker" - what the...???