IRM W2W NYBT ABBT Manhattanville Pack 3 1.0.0

(5.00)    (5 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD -
WALL-TO-WALL INDUSTRY 

Manhattanville Pack 3 by NYBT ABBT

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

After another hiatus, I finally gave myself a push and got around to uploading this one. It marks the 14th upload in the third (and probably final) series of IRM W2W lots based on BAT models made by other artists, this time a mix of dirty and manufacturing industry. Once again, I didn't have too much work with this one because the high-quality 3dsmax BATs in this pack, Manhattanville Pack 3 by NYBT / ABBT were designed to be W2W in the first place. I merely tweaked a few stats, assigned the zones, added a few lot options, and a prop here and there.

The buildings will provide 36 to 140 I-M jobs for your Sims (for details, see lot breakdown below). Most of them will look best among low-rise development; 641 West 131th Street can even be used to "cross" a 4-tiles deep W2W block because it is long enough to face both the street in front and the one in the back.
As the screenshot shows, there is not much lot design to speak of; the buildings mostly sit snugly on the lot with blank walls to all sides not facing a street/road.
As usual, here's the list of lots included:

603 West 130th Street (108 I-M jobs):
  • 2x2 straight, Stage 1

641 West 130th Street (140 I-M jobs):

• 2x4 straight, Stage 1 (2 versions)

524 West 131st Street (112 I-M jobs):

• 2x2 straight, Stage 1

624 West 131st Street (100 I-M jobs):

• 2x2 straight, Stage 1

630 West 131st Street (72 I-M jobs):

• 1x2 straight, Stage 1

3247 Broadway (136 I-M jobs):

• 2x2 left corner, Stage 1
  • 2x2 right corner, Stage 1

3251 Broadway (128 I-M jobs):

• 3x2 left corner, Stage 1
  • 2x3 right cap, Stage 1

In keeping with the other IRM stuff, the job numbers are intended to be in line with Maxis stuff if you use Toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler. Since you cannot zone large coherent areas with W2W industrial and the lots can be complemented with fillers, the resulting job density will, in fact, be not that excessive. For the same reason, growth stages for IRM W2W are generally kept low.

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM W2W Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:

• Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download
  • Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing
  • Remove the associated files from your plugins folder

Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM W2W Base Pack
Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original IRM base pack still apply.

In addition to this, you'll need the original upload of the BAT to see the building:
NYBT ABBT Manhattanville Project (3rd Pack). Only the .sc4model files are required.

If you want to have the option of blocking the enclosed lots from growing temporarily, for example when you want to go back to regular (i.e., non-W2W) IRM industry for a while, you can use the IRM W2W Expansion Blocker v 3.0 (or higher) from November 22, 2016 (or later).

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS

Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots
Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots
Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers
Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers

4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits to the NYBT ABBT guys for these BATs!

T Wrecks, April 23, 2017

User Feedback