• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

KOSC Presents: IndustryMania - Trucking Essentials

Introduction

Do you want to recreate a large distribution center with ample truck parking space of all angles and populate them with tons of random trailers from different freight and logistic companies? This essentials package, which is the prelude to my upcoming IndustryMania re-lot series, provides a set of custom truck parking textures and prop families for @MushyMushy's HD North American trucks which will allow you to do just that.

Package Overview

This package contains a set of 38 unique overlay textures, offered in either white or yellow paint for a total of 76. Additionally, there are 36 prop families that cover all of the props included in the original trailers and semi cab sets. Additional details are in the enclosed README.

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. Note that the prop families DAT supersedes the original props' .sc4desc files. It is recommended that you relocate or remove the original from your plugins folder to avoid potential conflict. 

Dependencies

The textures are standalone and will not require any dependencies. However, the prop families will not function properly without the original trucks:

Props

Credit goes to MushyMushy for the wonderful set of trailers and semis!

Enjoy!

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

MushyMushy

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

It's exciting to see these made into prop families! It's something I wished I was able to do but it was beyond my level.

Great work with all of the variety and blank chances! *:thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
tariely

Trucks ! Trucks !! Trucks !!! (what else to say ? ) Thanks !

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By T Wrecks
      INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD

SkyLimit Satellite Research by GreatDane

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

OK, time for more IRM stuff. I'm still doing high-tech industry, and from there will work my way "down the ranks", through modern manufacturing and generic manufacturing back to brick factories with old-style manufacturing and, finally, dirty industry.
      The third upload in this series is a somewhat obscure BAT, I guess - it's 13 years old, and the author is by no means as well known as the likes of SimGoober and others. However, I still think it's one of those underestimated little BATs that withstood the test of time comparably well: SkyLimit Satellite Research by GreatDane.  The lot is pretty simple and straight forward; I merely tried to align the building with the lot textures (which worked quite well), added one of gascooker's smokestacks to break the blocky appearance a bit, and made rather extensive use of CycleDogg's excellent shaded props..
      Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
      The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
      The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
      After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.
      The default version of the building will provide 45 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 180 I-HT jobs.
      The following lots are included in this download:
      3x5, Stage 2 5x3, Stage 2 For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
      Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: YES Maxis Night with static day or night: YES DarkNite* with static day or night: YES *DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins. 

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:
      Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing Remove the associated files from your plugins folder Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot. Skylimit Satelite Research 1 - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the .sc4model file is required. NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-HT Filler Set 1 to dress up I-HT areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Heretic IRM Fillers - Diagonal Walls Expansion by Tyberius06 for more options to avoid ugly zigzag lines at diagonal walls Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1 by kingofsimcity for some realistic, high-definition truck parking to add around your industrial facilities  
      4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits for the BAT go to GreatDane - you might want to check out his other stuff, too! IMO he made some rather neat lots, especially considering it was the early days.

T Wrecks, July 18, 2017
    • By mike_154

Building file    CHROME MINE MIKE WITH FACILTIES_c674c208.SC4Lot
      created    7/14/2017 8:20:56 AM
      modified    7/14/2017 8:21:01 AM
      Lot file    CHROME MINE MIKE WITH FACILTIES_c674c208.SC4Lot
      created    7/14/2017 8:20:56 AM
      modified    7/14/2017 8:21:01 AM
      Dependencies    All Maxis building props with proper names.datBLaMFkprops1.datBLaMFkprops1.dat
          BSC BAT Props - T1 Vol3.dat
          BSC MEGA Props - DAE Vol01.dat
          BSC MEGA Props - Misc Vol02.dat
          BSC MEGA Props - NewmanInc Vol01.dat
          BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01.dat
          BSC MEGA Props JRJ Vol02.dat
          BSC MEGA Props RT Vol04.dat
          BSC Mega Props - JES Vol01.dat
          BSC Mega Props - JES Vol06.dat
          BSC Mega Props - JES Vol07.dat
          BSC Mega Props - JES Vol08.dat
          BSC Mega Props - JES Vol09.dat
          BSC T_one Dock Prop Families.dat
          BSCBATPropsMattb325_Vol02.dat
          BSCBATPropsMattb325_Vol03.dat
          BSCMegaProps - JES Vol05.dat
          BSC_NICM_Props2.dat
          Dirty Industry Freight Station.dat
          EndRail-0x6534284a-0x2ec8797c-0x1241968c.SC4Desc
          FrankU Prop Families V2.0.dat
          Gas PropPack 2.dat
          JB_GE_Props.dat
          Jim CarProp v1.2 SC4Desc.dat
          LBT Prop Pack 3.dat
          LCP_Prop_Warehouse_DkRed.dat
          Murimk_Park_props_1_large.dat
          Murimk_industrialprops_resource.dat
          NBVC_Rock07_100-0x6534284a-0xfac95ee9-0xbbfb8c4a.SC4Desc
          NetworkAddonMod_Props.dat
          PEG-CDK3-SP_SEAPORT_SUPER-PAK.dat
          PEG-PPond_Tahoe_STYLE.dat
          PEG-SPAM_RESOURCE-01_b200.dat
          PEG_BigJohnsMine_205b.DAT
          PEG_Navy_PROPS_vol1.dat
          PEG_Rail-Fleet_RESOURCE.dat
          Props4FireStationDuhh.dat
          RDG_Prop_Pack_1.dat
          SHK_ParkingPack.dat
          SM2 Prop Pack Vol3.dat
          SM2_ITM_Families.dat
          jes_15_container_stack.dat
          nos.17_Jim_CarProps_5x.dat
          steelmill_propexemplars.dat
      steelmill_propexemplars.dat
    • By T Wrecks
      INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD

SFBT H2O Chemistry by Mathe Man

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

It took me a while until I found the time and energy to resume uploading, but here we go with more IRM stuff. I'm still doing high-tech industry, and from there will work my way "down the ranks", through modern manufacturing and generic manufacturing back to brick factories with old-style manufacturing and, finally, dirty industry.
      The second upload in this series is another small and rather old BAT, but yet again quite unique: SFBT's H2O Chemistry modeled by Mathe Man. You might already have noticed that the building resembles the model of a water (H2O) molecule in shape and colour. If you look closely, there's even a little corporate sculpture in the same shape in front of the main entrance.
      Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
      The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
      The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
      After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.
      The default version of the building will provide 24 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 96 I-HT jobs.
      The following lots are included in this download:
      3x3, Stage 1 4x3, Stage 1 For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
      Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: YES Maxis Night with static day or night: YES DarkNite* with static day or night: YES *DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins. 

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:
      Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing Remove the associated files from your plugins folder Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot. SFBT H2O Chemie von Mathe Man - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). The following files are required:
      - OM_H2OChemie-0x5ad0e817_0x7260ee3a_0x31000.SC4Model (that's the main building)
      - OM_H2OChemieLogo-0x5ad0e817_0x5289aa3d_0x30000.SC4Model (that's the model for the little sculpture)
      - OM_H2OChemieLogo-0x6534284a-0xed2eee45-0x0eec2d83.SC4Desc (that's the descriptor for the little sculpture)
      Any .sc4lot files can be removed. NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-HT Filler Set 1 to dress up I-HT areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Heretic IRM Fillers - Diagonal Walls Expansion by Tyberius06 for more options to avoid ugly zigzag lines at diagonal walls Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1 by kingofsimcity for some realistic, high-definition truck parking to add around your industrial facilities  
      4 - FINAL WORDS

Once again, credits for this BAT go to SFBT team member Mathe Man.

T Wrecks, July 14, 2017
    • By CorinaMarie
      As some of you know I've been playing without the illustrious NAM while I learn the basic game. For the one or two other peeps on the planet who might be starting out NAMless, I feel the following might be of some use. The rest of you may feel free to skip this long, picture packed mini observation.
      So, I've been playing a natural (random) growth region in which I've zoned mostly farms that are interspersed with the initial god mode trees to simulate the real world where I live. (For the curious my progress starts here and continues with several posts over the past couple months there in the rest of the thread.)

This post is not about that tho. This is phase two where the industrial revolution has started and factories are pervading the countryside.

The Acres family farm is a short distance from a major four lane highway. They are planning to retire and haven't set out any crops this season. The Big-O Factory Development Corporation has purchased the farm (dirt) cheap. The Acres's sell with the condition that they can keep the small tractor shed and a tiny parcel of bare ground.

^ Yes, there is an Ugly Yellow Pause Thingy in some of my pics. I like it sometimes to indicate, well ..., that my game is Paused.

The development begins with building the streets and adding bus stops.

Next they add a water system.

And then survey it from above ground to be sure all of the parcel is watered. Some nearby residents get public water as an unintended bonus.

The building locations are prepared by de-zoning the farm ground.

The Mayor has specifically tweaked the tax rates to create the desired demand. (Note: These settings are not some magic set. They are based on the local and regional influences at the moment.)

Using Ctrl-Zoning (as described in the Tutorial:Precision Zoning) the hope is to attract larger factories and cramped living quarters for some workers along with some low density commercial so they can buy some bread.

We check and see there is a nearby Medical Clinic and boost its funding sufficiently to handle the increased patient count cause the radius includes a part of the new residential zone.

Now we turn on time and wait for the factories to grow. The Sims aren't overly enthusiastic about moving here so we plant a grass tile. These uneducated Sims are just wild about such a thing.

Now to zone for more residential and add a local Doctor's Office. I did the zones separate to preclude 4x2 buildings from growing.

When the Tenements grow (which is the look I wanted for here) I click them all to Historical so they don't later try to merge together and morph into a bigger building. I did zone them high density so I can change my mind about it in future years.

Then I zone the final two residential parcels.

Plop a bunch more pretty green grass and the Sims rush in.

And fill in the rest of the area with grass and a playground for the kids.

A wee bit of traffic congestion occurs.

Not to worry, says Jamil Herd. Upgrade those parts of the Streets to Roads.

All better now.

And here it's completed.

Set the medical funding at an appropriate level for the new Clinic.

But wait! say the local denizens. You said this would create jobs for all of us. The outsiders took most of the jobs before we even got moved in.

Hmm. Ok, that latter statement is prolly an exaggeration, but who is working where? the Mayor asks.

Jamil, bulldoze a piece of that Road. That'll keep the interlopers out.

Well, that hurt the factory jobs some.

Yeah, but let's see where the peeps are working now.

Rebuild the road and run some more time. Here's the jobs graph.

Alright then. Where do the local Sims work now?

Run a bit more time and here's the jobs graph.

And, finally, we see a significant reduction in traffic coming and going from the new industrial complex.

The total commuters from the 6 residential buildings in those three stages are:
      563 initially 575 during isolation 599 final And the total commuters on that entry road
      1383 initially 697 final So, it appears that without NAM one needs to take into consideration who's going to work where and where will they come from, or go to, as one of the key aspects of the amount of traffic.

• By CorinaMarie
      And in today's adventures I have (after much trial and error) learned how to make a custom prop. First I took screenshots of a Maxis god mode tree in SC4 and then made the images that SC3K likes:

Here I've placed it on a lot in the BAP:

And here it is in the game:

In case anyone would like to test this I'll attach it here. The zip contains it as a prop package, a building, and as a landmark for easy testing.
      Cori Tree 01 Pkg.zip
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments