• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

KOSC Presents: IndustryMania - Trucking Essentials

Introduction

Do you want to recreate a large distribution center with ample truck parking space of all angles and populate them with tons of random trailers from different freight and logistic companies? This essentials package, which is the prelude to my upcoming IndustryMania re-lot series, provides a set of custom truck parking textures and prop families for @MushyMushy's HD North American trucks which will allow you to do just that.

Package Overview

This package contains a set of 38 unique overlay textures, offered in either white or yellow paint for a total of 76. Additionally, there are 36 prop families that cover all of the props included in the original trailers and semi cab sets. Additional details are in the enclosed README.

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. Note that the prop families DAT supersedes the original props' .sc4desc files. It is recommended that you relocate or remove the original from your plugins folder to avoid potential conflict. 

Dependencies

The textures are standalone and will not require any dependencies. However, the prop families will not function properly without the original trucks:

Props

Credit goes to MushyMushy for the wonderful set of trailers and semis!

Enjoy!

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

MushyMushy

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

It's exciting to see these made into prop families! It's something I wished I was able to do but it was beyond my level.

Great work with all of the variety and blank chances! *:thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
tariely

Trucks ! Trucks !! Trucks !!! (what else to say ? ) Thanks !

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

06/12/2017

If you can, please help us reach our June donation goal!  Please note that the STEX Collector's Set gift can now be sent to you by digital download, as well as by mail! Simtropolis runs mostly on donations, as you know, every dollar helps us keep things up and running and bring in improvements from time to time. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/21/2017

We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our aging server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the additional load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task.  You may have noticed that we've been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we work out allocating resources for more optimal performance. We've also applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is something we'd like to be able to upgrade. The last time we upgraded hardware was a in 2012. Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Your contribution means a lot!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By T Wrecks
      INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD

SFBT High Enthalpy Wind Tunnel by Mathe Man

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

After wall-to-wall (W2W) industry has been catered for, it's time to take care of regular industry. This time around, I'll begin with high-tech industry, and from there will work my way "down the ranks", through modern manufacturing and generic manufacturing back to brick factories with old-style manufacturing and, finally, dirty industry. With this series (it will be long!) I hope to bring some more variety to your industrial areas, and I hope I can also drag some old and not so common BATs back into the spotlight this way.
      For this first upload, I have picked a small and rather old BAT, but a pretty unique one: SFBT's High Enthalpy Wind Tunnel modeled by Mathe Man. Although small, I think the building is nice because you can get a glimpse of what's inside, and it's rather unusual in shape as well.
      Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
      The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
      The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
      After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.
      The default version of the building will provide 20 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 80 I-HT jobs.
      The following lots are included in this download:
      3x3, Stage 1 4x2, Stage 1 For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
      Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: YES Maxis Night with static day or night: YES DarkNite* with static day or night: YES *DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins. 

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:
      Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing Remove the associated files from your plugins folder Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot. SFBT Hochenthalpie-Windkanal von Mathe Man - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the .sc4model file is required. Any .sc4desc and .sc4lot files can be removed. NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-HT Filler Set 1 to dress up I-HT areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Heretic IRM Fillers - Diagonal Walls Expansion by Tyberius06 for more options to avoid ugly zigzag lines at diagonal walls Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1 by kingofsimcity for some realistic, high-definition truck parking to add around your industrial facilities  
      4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits for this BAT goes to SFBT team member Mathe Man  - thank him, not me! Oh, and you can expect many, many more uploads to come...

T Wrecks, June 18, 2017
    • By nos.17
      Verbatim from Bobbo's original 2006 readme:
      Caldor 
      Headquarters - Norwalk, Connecticut
      President - Warren D. Feldberg
      Employees - 22,000
      Stores - 145
      Founded - 1954
      Closed - 1999
      February of 1999, New England lost another major regional retail chain of store. Caldor, the company founded by Carl and Dorothy Bennett in 1951, turned to dust. This was the end of the sales pitch for the 4th largest retail chain in America. 22,000 workers took home pink slips for their trouble.  145 stores in nine states were put up for lease.  
      Caldor got it's name from combining the first names of the Bennetts, Carl & Dorothy and opened one small store in Port Chester, New York.  The Bennetts sold Caldor to Associated Dry Goods Corp., and in 1986, ADG merged with the May Department Stores Co.  In 1991, Caldor went public and grew into a company with 2.5 billion in annual sales. Though in 
      recent years, Caldor failed to distinguish itself from other regional discounters, like Ames Department Stores and could not compete with retail giants like Wal-Mart, Kmart and Target.
      This is part of my series of bankrupted department chains that I have created for your Sims to relive which what we had experienced in North America.  Ames, Zayre, Woolco, Bradlees, and now Caldor all have been swallowed up by the effects of Sam Walton's, Wal-Mart.

This BAT was originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish the lot. He graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall.
      For comments/feedback/critique/praise visit my lot thread or drop me a pm. I'd be happy to help. Also, visit the website for full sized images.

-------
      Stats:
      -------
      6x6 CS$ Plop, 6x6 CS$ Grow
           Jobs : 562 CS$
           Plop Cost : $32000
           Bulldoze Cost : $3200
           Power Consumed : 16
           Water Consumed : 155
           Air/Water Pollution : Negligible
           Garbage Pollution : 24 over 4 tiles
            Flamability : 65
           Growth Stage : 1

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      SHK Parking Pack
      SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol1

And above all... have fun!
      nos.17
    • By nos.17
      Verbatim from Bobbo's original 2006 readme:
      Welcome to Bradlees!
      Headquarters: Braintree, MA
      President:    Peter Thorner
      Employees:    16,000 (Jan 1994)
      Founded:      1958
      Closed:       2000

A little bit like Ames Department Store but with bigger stores located in bigger towns,and a very unique layout. They offered general merchandise with many discounts all year around.  They had 130 stores before they filed for Chapter 11, and then came back with 102 stores in 1997 up to 105 stores in 2000. CEO Peter Thorner cleaned up the financial problems of the company and wanted to see Bradlees operating 150 stores.  They did opened new stores including one in a former Caldor in Staten Island.  Emerging from Chapter 11 in February of 1999, nobody cold have predicted the kind of end they announced on December 26th 2000. (Isn't that something, spend all your hard earn cash on christmas and then
      come back from the holidays and WHAMMO! - no job!)
      Bradless store layout was different from Wal-Mart and K-Mart. Wide open, entering the store you could see from one end of the store to the other, not that the store was small, but the ceiling was high, asiles not tall, it was simple, and easy to shop.
      First Bradlees opened their doors in 1958 in New London, CT.  The name "Bradlees" was taken from Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, cT where the Company's earliest planning meetngs were held.  The Stop & Shop Co. acquired the chain in 1961.  The Company operated 105 stores in seven (7) Northereastern states: Main, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.

This BAT was originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish the lot. He graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall. 
      For comments/feedback/critique/praise visit my lot thread or drop me a pm. I'd be happy to help. Also, visit the website for full sized images.

-------
      Stats:
      -------
      8x8 CS$ Plop, 8x8 CS$ Grow (right corner only: _| )
           Growth Stage : 2
           Jobs : 2012 CS$
           Plop Cost : $35000
           Bulldoze Cost : $3500
           Power Consumed : 35
           Water Consumed : 15
           Garbage Pollution : 16 over 4 tiles
            Flamability : 45

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      NDEX Textures
      SHK Parking Pack
      SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol1
      LBT Mega Prop Pack vol01
      nos.17 Essentials (v07+)
      Recommended: USL or LRM for parking lot light cones to appear. Users without either will not see anything; no brown box should appear.

nos.17
    • By nos.17
      BJ's was started by discount department store chain Zayre in 1984. The company's name was derived from the initials of Beverly Jean Weich, the daughter of Mervyn Weich, the president of the new company. As of November 6, 2013, BJ's operated 200 BJ's clubs in fifteen states and employed approximately 25,000 team members (both full- and part-time). Its major competitors are Costco Wholesale and Walmart's version of a warehouse club concept, Sam's Club. (source)
      This BAT was originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish the lot. He graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall.

-------
      Stats:
      -------
      8x8 CS$ Plop, 8x8 CS$ Grow
           Jobs : 1399 CS$
           Plop Cost : $40000
           Bulldoze Cost : $4000
           Power Consumed : 26
           Water Consumed : 256
           Garbage Pollution : 38 over 6
           Flamability : 45
           Growth Stage : 1

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      Only the usual culprits...  
      SHK Parking Pack
      LBT Mega Prop Pack vol.01
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 02
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures
      nos.17 Essentials (v10+)

nos.17
    • By Moses Zal
      As the title says, Is there any mod to make the growable RCI buildings align with the FARs and diagonal roads? I know I may be asking for something that is technically impossible due to how the game works since the lots develop regardless of the network's shape and direction. 
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments