• Moose

See who gave reputation

1. adambailey39

adambailey39

• Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By nos.17
      Red Roof Inn was incorporated by founder James R. Trueman in 1972. The Inn first opened in Columbus, Ohio with a single room rate of $8.50 USD in 1973. Today, Red Roof Inn has more than 325 locations, serves millions of guests each year and employs over 6,000 people. The majority of Red Roof Inns locations are located in the Midwest, East and the South, and boast on high customer awareness and outstanding brand image in the economy market.   This BAT was originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). I am revisiting one of the few gems he has ever uploaded.   For comments/feedback/critique/praise visit my lot thread or drop me a pm. I'd be happy to help. Also, visit the website for full sized images.       ------- Stats: ------- 6x6 CS$ Plop, 6x6 CS$ Grow
           Growth Stage : 2
           Jobs : 616 CS$
           Plop Cost : $65000
           Bulldoze Cost : $6500
           Power Consumed : 13
           Water Consumed : 125
           Air/Water Pollution : Negligable
           Garbage Pollution : 18 over 2 tiles
           Flamability : 45       ------------------ Dependencies: ------------------ BSC Props - B62 Red Roof Inn (included) BSC Mega Texture Cycledogg v01 LBT Mega Prop Pack v.01 SHK Parking Pack SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01
      BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol02       And above all... have fun!   nos.17
    • By Bad Peanut
      so I've been waiting for sub buildings to become native so I could finally finish off Flinders Street Station (from Melbourne) here's a quick WIP look - probably will release sometime soonish - maybe next week.

Let me know what you guys think!

• By RRetail
      This batch of relots focuses in on hotel models from Simgoober and patfirefghtr, as well as a small non-chain motel by onlyplace4.  Please note that you will need the description (DESC) files for the LBT files found in patfirefghtr's lots. Once you have installed the LBT lots linked below, simply open your plugins/LBT/HotelsPack and delete the lot files found in each hotel folder. You need to keep everything in the model folder. 

A special thanks to @kingofsimcity for the assistance with making the attached parking garage file a prop.
      3x6 lots:
      4x6 lots:
      5x5 lots:
      4x7 lots:
      5x2 lots:
      6x5 lots:
      Other Dependencies:
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 1 BSC MegaProps CP Vol. 1 BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 2 LBT Mega Prop Pack Vol. 1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures 1.0.1 SuperSHK + FA3 Parking Textures SHK Parking Pack You will also need:
    • By Travis 5

ITC American Football Fields Project, by Travis  
      Travis and the ITC Team bring you the American Football Fields Project, which has been 11 months in the making. This download comes with 14 varied and assorted-styled american football fields, to suit all your football needs.
      Features List:
      14 lots 2 included props Custom Menu Icons 10-Language Multi-linguality Visit the ITC Team at Simcity4Devotion: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=229.0    

Lot Details and information  
      Lot sizes:  6x5, 7x5, 8x5, 9x5, 8x6, 7x9, 8x11   Menu position: Parks Menu   Plop cost: § 339   Bulldoze cost: § 50-90   Monthly cost: § 45-85 (Vol. 1), § 30 (Vol. 2)   Park Effect: 75-135 over 75-132 (Vol. 1), 90-120 over 90-120 (Vol. 2)   Landmark effect: 60-100 over 10 (Vol. 1), 70-90 over 10 (Vol. 2)   Max. Fire Stage: 4   Power consumption: None   Water consumption: 30-45 Gallons/month   Air pollution: -60/ -176 over 10 tiles   Water pollution: 5-9 over 5-9 tiles  

Notes   ***This package is multi-lingual, availible in 10 languages, which, if you have the version of the game in one of those languages, the lots will display in that language.

Dependencies  
      To ensure the proper functionality, make sure the files mentioned below are installed in the plugins folder 
      Note: for some files, you will need to be registered at the SC4D LEX..
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01 BSC TexturePack Cycledogg V 01b SFBT Essentials BSCMegaProps JES Vol01 BSC Textures Vol 02 High School Football Stadium BSC MEGA Props ALN Vol01 BSC MEGA Props ALN Vol02 BSC MEGA Props ALN Vol03  

Credits   Created by Travis, ITC Team, ©2007

Thanks goes out to...
      ChrisAdams3997, for making the field models themselves, as well as providing invaluable advice and feedback from day 1. Patriots1228, for providing feedback, and creating a few props to be included with the lots. YoshiIsland, for testing and feedback CasperVg, for testing and feedback.
      Translation Credits:

English - Travis Spanish - Travis French - Casper/Travis Dutch - Casper/Travis German - Andreas Danish - Krbe Swedish - Anders Norwegian - Krbe Finnish - Tage Polish - Adam  
      Feedback & Support  
      Please post any feedback or support issues in the following thread at SC4Devotion:
      Travis' ITC lots

I will attempt to answer them to the best of my knowledge, and as quickly as possible.
    • By mattb325
      Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      If you've recently downloaded Harrods http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31736-harrods/ you may be wanting some additional UK themed Bats to fill the surrounding area.
      Fear not; over on nearby Sloane Street, a brutalist monstrosity caught my eye, and so I have brought this into game.
      When I look at a building from Google Street View, if at a street level it piques my interest, then I'll usually look at it from either Google Earth or Bing to get a better feel for the model.
      It is at this point that I will determine whether I will do a recreation, or adopt a looser approach. Either way, there will always be elements of each building I look at that in my opinion will stay or go when I recreate the building for SC4.
      Normally not too many elements of a building get turfed out: those that do are either aligned at an odd angle (rather than the SC4 grid), or are too awkward to be worth my effort. It is rare, however, that a building catches my eye on street level, for me to look at it from above and shake my head with a 'what were they thinking' moment.
      Millennium Hotel in Knightsbridge is one such building.
      It caught my eye because there are so few of these sorts of buildings in SC4; now I'll admit I am not a huge fan of brutalist early 1970's architecture: add the inclement British weather & city smog and you have hulking concrete structures that have gone from a light green-grey to the most dreary shade of dirty grey imaginable. But regardless of your opinion on Brutalism, you have to admit that it at least exudes authority and gravitas.
      So it came as some surprise when I saw all of the truly, truly "twee" additions visible from the air....now, with apologies to Mcmansionhell.com and other spoof websites, please see my take on what got the 'cut' from this Bat and why...
      **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hopefully my UK friends can get a bit of a laugh out of this: you have been through a fair bit in recent months. 
      Now that that's out of the way, the Millenium Hotel is offered as a growable CS§§ building on a 4x4 lot. It is a larger 14 story mid-rise building, which I have made my own adjustments to. It grows on all tilesets and provides 960 CS§§ jobs.
      STATS CS§§:
      Lot size :                  4 x 4
      Growth Stage:         7 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 780
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 3,831, CS§§ 960
      Pollution:                  35 (Air)/ 23 (Water)/ 47 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:   77 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   923 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro (N/A for Ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Services Building

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod.
      DEPENDENCIES:
      This lot does not require external dependencies.
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Although my reply is 2,712 days late, I have found the answer. The necessary image file is already in the mod. The problem occurs because the 27th IID is the same as the 26th one. Both show 0x0ad50320. The 27th one needs to be changed to 0x0ad50310 which can be done with the TGI Editior in iLive - Reader 0.9.3. For more details, see my post here.
    • The front of it is pretty much identical to "Cooley Law Stadium" (what Oldsmobile/Lugnuts Stadium is called these days) in Lansing, MI
    • Attention here, folks!!! The Seaview Apartments model in this download has the same IID as the Cast Iron Lofts model from Don Miguel! So it won't grow the way it should!
    • I know it's sized 2x1, but what kind of residential do I need to zone for this to grow? Light, medium, or high density? Or does it not matter? Anyone who can answer I appreciate it.
    • Love your work, but since a handful of files now from different users require offsite files that link to dead links I wish it was a rule here that all dependencies should be on site somehow. Thanks for the reup of the files...