• Moose

5 Screenshots

About This File

KOSC Presents: RetailMania - Simgoober's Costco Wholesale

Introduction

Costco Wholesale is the 3rd release from my RetailMania series. This is a set of re-lots for Simgoober's classic Costco Retail BAT aimed at expanding the retail location to include more than just the club warehouse.

Package Overview

These lots are redone to better coincide with their real-life counterparts and feature things like the food court, auto center and gas station. A set of custom gas station textures was created to better emulate the road markings found in actual Costco locations across the United States.

Included in the following package are a set of custom textures and 4 lots: 3 CS$$ growables and 1 CS$$ ploppable landmark with jobs. The ploppable landmark only utilizes one of the 3 possible growable layouts. Both types share the same stats as follows:

If you desire to plop the growables, use the buildingPlop cheat and look for exemplars starting at KOSC_SG_LargeCostcoWithGas (requires ExtraCheats.dll).

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. To uninstall, simply delete the files from your hard drive.

General Stats

The included lots will provide 591 CS$$ jobs. They are available in the following configuration:

• 2 10x10 left corner, stage 1
  • 1 10x10 right corner, stage 1

Stats were generated with PIM-X, and coincide with the revised model pack version found on SC4D.

Detailed stats and information can be found in the enclosed README.

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder.

Dependencies

Main Building(s)

You only need the model file, which can be found in the following 2 locations (you will only need ONE):

Props

Textures

I was a little more experimental this time around so the dependency list is a little larger than usual.

Credit goes to Simgoober for the original BAT!

Enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.01

Released

- Removed an unlisted dependency from one of the lot files.
- Updated screenshots

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

nos.17

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Image result for addition to my collection gif

Each one has a very natural layout and the extra dependencies used work perfectly.

AsimPika3172 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
RRetail

The upgrades are out of this world! Ok, maybe not that far....

Seriously, the inclusion of the gas station and the auto center makes this one so much more realistic. Not to mention the parking lot looks so much more lively.

Share this review

Link to review
Bipin

Fantastic work as per usual.

korver likes this

Share this review

Link to review
MissVanleider

Lovely details, thanks very much for this. I was looking at the old lot not so long ago thinking how sad it looked, this is great

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RRetail
      The second batch of supermarket relots includes international brands for those who live in other parts of the world. I've also included a few more generic supermarkets that I've discovered or held off on doing since the first pack.
      Some of the supermarkets found in this pack will require lotplop to gain access to them.
      3x4 lots:
      4x5 lots:
      Champion Version 1 
      5x5 lots:
      Champion Version 2
      5x7 lots: (Food Lion Only) A relotted version of the shopping plaza based around this supermarket will come later.

6x5 lots:
      6x6 lots:
      Lowe's Food: (Lex download) http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1036
      6x9 lots:

7x6 lots:

7x8 lots:
      8x7 lots:
      9x6 lots:

Other Dependencies:
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 1 BSC MegaProps DAE Vol. 1 LBT Mega Prop Pack Vol. 1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures 1.0.1 SHK Parking Pack Mushy's Trailers  (Kroger 90 degrees) (blank red 90 degrees) (blank white 90 degrees)
    • By RRetail
      This batch of relots focuses in on the supermarkets found across the STEX. While I'm sure there are more, I focused in on relotting these models for their name or smaller size. While all of the lots have seen an increase in size, I'm okay with this for it makes for a more realistic feeling.
      To plop the Simgoober Kroger relot, you will need to use the lotplop cheat.
      PLEASE DELETE THE WINN-DIXIE relot if you downloaded it before 7/12/17. A new version of it will be added to pack two.
      3x3 lots:
      3x4 lots:
      4x4 lots:
      5x4 lots:
      5x5 lots:
      5x6 lots:
      The Super Center 1 is how you access the larger Kroger store.
      6x5 lots:
      6x6 lots:
      6x7 lots:
      6x10 lots:
      7x6 lots:
      7x7 lots:
      Other Dependencies:
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 1 BSC MegaProps CP Vol. 1 BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 2 LBT Mega Prop Pack Vol. 1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures 1.0.1 SHK Parking Pack Mushy's Trailers  (Kroger 90 degrees) (blank red 90 degrees) (blank phantom white 90 degrees)
    • By NICK97
      Mod Requirement(s)::
      Cities XXL Community Patch Mod Tag.cfg Game Requirement(s):: Cities XL 2011 Cities XL 2012 Cities XL Platinum Cities XXL Mod Requirement: None
    • By RRetail
      Mikeseith's BATs of various car dealerships were the focus behind this latest batch of relots. Because Mike also made some fabulous models of the cars needed for each dealership, I made use of them in addition to SHK car props. Also included in this pack is a relot of Carmax.

2x2 lots:
      2x3 lots:
      3x3 lots:
      Park Honda v2 Renault v1 3x4 lots:
      Park Honda v1 (link above) 4x3 lots:
      Renault v2 (found in link above) 4x4 lots:
      4x5 lots:
      10x12 lots:
      Other Dependencies: 
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 1 BSC MEGA Props JES Vol 1 LBT Mega Prop Pack Vol.1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures 1.0. SuperSHK + FA3 Parking Textures SHK Parking Pack The car props found in each MikeSeith dealership download
    • By RRetail
      The idea for this pack was to relot various forms of entertainment from across the STEX. Such ideas included here are bowling alleys, gym/fitness center and more! I hope you enjoy these and feel free to make suggestions on my development thread.
      The Fitness Club will appear in the health menu while Deadwoods Movie Theatre will appear in the education menu. Kingpin Lanes, the karate shops and Retro Bowl will require lotplop. 
      2x2 lots:
      3x3 lots:
      both Retro Bowl and SimCity Lanes are 3x3 lots and found below: 3x4 lots:
      4x3 lots:
      4x4 lots:
      5x5 lots:
      6x5 lots:
      6x6 lots:
      6x7 lots:
      Other Dependencies:
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 1 LBT Mega Prop Pack Vol. 1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures 1.0.1 SuperSHK + FA3 Parking Textures SHK Parking Pack
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• You really only need the building files. (.Desc and .Model) It's against STEX's rules to re-upload them.
    • Oh...okay. I c know. I didn't realize I didn't need the original.
    • Sounds to me like you may be missing the original building files.
    • Whops! @nos.17 I have the same problem. I have all the dependencies, but as you can see there is no actual building. I tried several ways: put the original prop desc and model (-a, -b) files in the same time; only the model files; the model files and the zzLM15x12_AllianzArena file in the same time. No changes. Always get the same result, what you can see on the picture. I checked with SC4Tool and I think the uploaded version doesn't contains the necessary building/prop descriptors, because in the Tool everything is green, but I didn't see the original buildings listed among the dependencies, so actually they are not in the lot or so... EDIT (before sending): So there is some other problem: you add wrongly the MM 40ft trailer as a dependency, because you used KoSC IRM essential and the prop families from that set (if I remove this and put only the dependency what you linked, I get error in Sc4Tool). I investigated the issue with an empty plugin folder which only contained this lot and the dependencies what you listed. There is one more textures Dependency: BSC Textures 1. Oh and of course you used your own essential I guess, but you forgot to list above... But the bigger problem is that as you can see the 3rd and 4th pictures, the CSX megapack 1 is using the same prop ID than the Allianz building prop desc file. The other problem, that you probably forgot to attach your prop desc files for this lot, because the original one is conflicting with CSX megapack... When I emptied the plugin folder I got the building properly with its own prop desc files (so I didn't have the CSX pack and the prop desc in my plugin folder in the same time, but You said, we only need the model files), but obviously you used a new prop desc file for this, just haven't attached... Can you check and update this, because it's amazing and I would like to use! Thanks in advance! - Tyberius  
    • @kellydale2003 As I said in the review it's avesome stuff, I would have only one request. Could you next time make a notice on the description, that the growable version is only compatible with CAM by default...  I was wondering why I haven't seen growing your stuffs in my cities (f.e. Linda Swampy), and took an other look to the lot files I see, that some of them is CAMified, and I don't play with CAM... Linda Swampy is a stage 10 I-Ht... So that would be worth a mention I guess for those who doesn't use the CAM as well... Thanks in advance!  - Tyberius