• Moose

5 Screenshots

About This File

KOSC Presents: RetailMania - Simgoober's Costco Wholesale

Introduction

Costco Wholesale is the 3rd release from my RetailMania series. This is a set of re-lots for Simgoober's classic Costco Retail BAT aimed at expanding the retail location to include more than just the club warehouse.

Package Overview

These lots are redone to better coincide with their real-life counterparts and feature things like the food court, auto center and gas station. A set of custom gas station textures was created to better emulate the road markings found in actual Costco locations across the United States.

Included in the following package are a set of custom textures and 4 lots: 3 CS$$ growables and 1 CS$$ ploppable landmark with jobs. The ploppable landmark only utilizes one of the 3 possible growable layouts. Both types share the same stats as follows:

If you desire to plop the growables, use the buildingPlop cheat and look for exemplars starting at KOSC_SG_LargeCostcoWithGas (requires ExtraCheats.dll).

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. To uninstall, simply delete the files from your hard drive.

General Stats

The included lots will provide 591 CS$$ jobs. They are available in the following configuration:

• 2 10x10 left corner, stage 1
  • 1 10x10 right corner, stage 1

Stats were generated with PIM-X, and coincide with the revised model pack version found on SC4D.

Detailed stats and information can be found in the enclosed README.

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder.

Dependencies

Main Building(s)

You only need the model file, which can be found in the following 2 locations (you will only need ONE):

Props

Textures

I was a little more experimental this time around so the dependency list is a little larger than usual.

Credit goes to Simgoober for the original BAT!

Enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.01

Released

- Removed an unlisted dependency from one of the lot files.
- Updated screenshots

10 people like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

nos.17

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Image result for addition to my collection gif

Each one has a very natural layout and the extra dependencies used work perfectly.

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
RRetail

The upgrades are out of this world! Ok, maybe not that far....

Seriously, the inclusion of the gas station and the auto center makes this one so much more realistic. Not to mention the parking lot looks so much more lively.

Share this review

Link to review
Bipin

Fantastic work as per usual.

Share this review

Link to review
MissVanleider

Lovely details, thanks very much for this. I was looking at the old lot not so long ago thinking how sad it looked, this is great

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RandyE
      No dependencies. All lots are 5x5 ploppables in the Reward menu, available at the start, are road connectable and transit enabled, capacity: 100.  Maxis Lighting.
      This project is inspired by Simcity Version 1 (Classic) now called 'Micropolis' developed in the 1980's and released as open source. The last preview is an image of a session of playing the Java version of Micropolis that is freely downloadable from github.com.
      In Micropolis there are only three same-sized squares for RCI zoning. I've used the reward system in SC4 to lot 5 of the 6 largest commercial buildings, 2 of the largest high-wealth residential, 1 of the largest high-tech industrial buildings, and 1 agricultural building. All the lots are the same area size like in Micropolis.
      The queries are the same queries used for the buildings as grown in the game --the associated reward will only be indicated in the reward menu as the item is selected and plopped.
      The lots contain code for both the reward and the replacement building so apparently the lots provide the benefits of the reward as well as the operation of the building. The intent of making these lots is providing access to the buildings so I haven't evaluated the reward function, but the queries do report capacity usage for the replaced building --no 'goofy stat' for the reward. 
      Previews of Buildings Featuring Terrain Mods (see Preview.html in zip file)
      Terrain Resources Listed in: Cori's Terrain Shoppe
      Previews:
      1. Overview of 9 Buildings, Main Preview, 'Circuit' from Terrain Pack
      2. Alvin's Acres Agricultural, Berner Oberland Terrain
      3. Euro-American Residential, Pyrenean Terrain
      4. Modern Commercial, Sudden Valley Terrain
      5. High Tech Industrial, LBT Cumbres Terrain
      6 Overview at Night, Sahara Terrain

Descriptions of the 9, 5x5 Large RCI and 1 Civic Building are included in the zip file:
      Colons separate the building name, building type, and which reward I used for the lot. The buildings appear in the reward menu with a unique menu icon, the building and reward names, and the description.  The Opera House, Farmer's Market and Tourist Trap rewards also appear in the Parks menu.
      • Van Prooijen Trading: Commercial: Convention Center
      • Ong Condos: Residential: Major Art Museum
      • Hurt Enterprise Headquarters: Commercial: Tourist Trap
      • Hogan, Wallace, and White Insurance: Commercial: Resort Hotel
      •Cahalane Communications: Civic: Bureau of Bureaucracy
      • Lind Entertainment: Commercial: Stock Exchange
      • Byall Tower : Residential: Opera House
      • Tubing Facility: Industrial: Advanced Research Center
      • Alvin's Acres: Agriculture: Farmer's Market
      I've given this lot project the name MicroProject and made a logo for identifying the lots in the Reward and Parks menus. Each lot appears near the original reward, with a building icon and the logo overlay. The original reward is not replaced. The re-lots are available at the start of a new city.
      Sources:
      Wiki SC4Devotion: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/
      Wikia SC4: http://simcity.wikia.com/wiki/SimCity_4
    • By RRetail

These relot files (which is a combination of the pharmacy and bank relots together in one download) have been updated and packed together for your convenience into a zipped folder. The previous files have been removed because of this.
      Note that each link below is a dependency if you want my relotted version of it. In the case that you would only like to download one of my relots, simply delete all the ones you don't want from the download folder.
      If you would like to clear up space in both your landmark menu in game and in your plugin files, you can delete the original lot file.
      To plop the BB&T bank, you will need to use the lotplop cheat.
      Walgreens is a 4x4 lot CVS is a 4x4 lot Rite Aid is a 3x4 lot Bank of America is a 2x3 lot BB&T is a 2x4 lot Other Dependencies:
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 1 BSC MegaProps CP Vol. 1 BSC Texture Pack Cycledogg Vol. 1 VIP Carpack vol1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures 1.0.1 SHK Parking Pack
    • By RRetail

These relot files (which is a combination of the commercial relots I've made so far in one download) have been updated and packed together for your convenience into a zipped folder. The previous files have been removed because of this.
      Note that each link below is a dependency if you want my relotted version of it. However, if you only want one of my relots (e.g. Kmart) then you can delete the other files. However, for an odd reason that I don't know how to work around you will need to keep the 4x3 lot version of Tractor Supply for my version to work.
      To plop the Tractor Supply relot, you will need to use the lotplop cheat.
      Walmart (building) is a 11x14 lot Walmart (plaza version) is a 13x14 lot Kmart is a 5x6 lot Tractor Supply is a 4x5 lot Strip Mall is a 7x5 lot Dollar Tree is a 3x3 lot Other Dependencies:
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 1 BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 2 BSC MegaProps Kevdan25 Vol. 1 LBT Mega Prop Pack Vol. 1 VIP Carpack vol1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures 1.0.1 SHK Parking Pack BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 1 BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 2 BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 8 Mushy's Trailers  (Only needed if you keep the Walmart Plaza Lot) Simgoober's Super Center 2 If you would like the Walmart sign, then you will also need to download Baco's Walmart to access it. All you need is the dignwalmart and walmartsign files.
    • By RandyE
      Contains 9 2x2 lots to choose from.  Each lot has a different character, animation, and a variety of props from SC4 Deluxe.
      All lighthouses cost 4000§ (Simoleons), earn 100§ a month, slightly reduce air and water pollution nearby, and have a moderate local park and landmark effect.
      All lighthouses are in the Reward Menu and are available for immediate plopping. The Maxis Reward lighthouse is not replaced and becomes available as usual.
      No External Dependencies:
      The dependencies in version 1 have been removed. I am using a smaller texture pack that I made for my lots which is included, and have replaced the Bus Stop with an extended Toll Booth Platform.
      The 'BaseTexturesElements_Grass.dat' is an internal dependency required for the lots above; it is included in this package in the folder 'z_Grass Base Textures'.
      I have made a 500K Base Texture Volume with textures I made for my lots linked below.   If the texture file below is used then delete the ' z_Grass Base Textures' folder as the textures are the same and don't need to be loaded twice.
      Base Textures Vol 1 Elements
      INSTALL
      To install select the folders for the lighthouses you want to use and delete the other sub-folders.   Don't delete the 'z_Grass Base Textures' folder unless you are using none of the lighthouses which require them or are using the larger texture volume (see above). 
      Copy and paste the 'Lighthouse 2x2 Lot Pack V2' into your User\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins folder. 
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC Presents: Ill Tonkso's Zurich House Portsmouth
      Introduction
      This is the 11th set of lots in my ITS Office Park series. Zurich House, Portsmouth is an ancient BAT by Ill Tonkso that has been re-lotted for more modern SC4 standards. In fact, the actual building in real life is also getting a makeover.
      Package Overview
      Included in the following package are a total of 4 lots: 3 CO$$ growables and one CO$$ ploppable. Two of the lots use an individual building, while the remaining utilize a fusion of two.
      If you desire to plop the growables, use the buildingPlop cheat and look for exemplars starting at "KOSC ITS Zurich" (requires ExtraCheats.dll)
      General Stats
      Growable lots with 1 building provides 1414 CO$$ jobs. They are available in the following configurations:
      7x6 front, stage 5 4x4 front, stage 6 The growable and ploppable lot with the merged building provides 2825 CO$$ jobs in the following configuration:
      5x8 front, stage 6 $83,000 plop cost Buildings will only grow on the Houston and European tilesets.
      Detailed stats and information can be found in the enclosed README.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder.
      Dependencies
      Main Building(s)
      Zurich House Props
      SHK Parking Pack BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 2 Textures
      BSC Textures Vol. 1 BSC Texture Pack Cycledogg V01 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures Credit goes to Ill Tonkso for the BAT!
      Enjoy!
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments