• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See Changelog

Released

Commerzbank Tower is a 56-story, 259 m (850 ft) skyscraper in the Innenstadt district of Frankfurt, Germany. An antenna spire with a signal light on top gives the tower a total height of 300.1 m (985 ft). It is the tallest building in Frankfurt and the tallest building in Germany. It had been the tallest building in Europe from its completion in 1997 until 2003 when it was surpassed by the Triumph-Palace in Moscow. The Commerzbank Tower is only two metres taller than the Messeturm, which is also located in Frankfurt. The Messeturm had been the tallest building in Europe before the construction of the Commerzbank Tower.

Commerzbank Tower was designed by Foster & Partners, with Arup and Krebs & Kiefer (structural engineering), J. Roger Preston with P&A Petterson Ahrens (mechanical engineering), Schad & Hölzel (electrical engineering). Construction of the building began in 1994 and took three years to complete. The building provides 121,000 m2 (1,300,000 sq ft) of office space for the Commerzbank headquarters, including winter gardens and natural lighting and air circulation. The building is lighted at night with a yellow lighting scheme that was designed by Thomas Ende who was allowed to display this sequence as a result of a competition.

In its immediate neighbourhood are other skyscrapers including the Eurotower (former home of the European Central Bank), the Main Tower, the Silberturm, the Japan Center and the Gallileo, the latter being also owned and used by Commerzbank. The area forms Frankfurt's central business district, commonly known as Bankenviertel.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 4,200 CO$$$ Jobs

To install this Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins

13 people like this

User Feedback

Greetings from Germany/ Berlin

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful work/ BAT 

Share this comment

Beautiful building at night, it gives another view of the cities in simcity, it's a shame that almost nobody uploads more buildings like these, as already the fashion of this game, no one rises anymore. I'm waiting for more buildings.

Share this comment

Massive effort and a wonderful BAT! I just put it next to Maxis' version, and both are really different from another. I think Maxis more or less made an imaginary base to fit the tower better onto the lot, and their building looks somewhat too stretched and thin. Yours looked really massive and stubby at first, but it is actually more accurate this way.

However, I noticed somehow the window count on your building is wrong. On the lowest part, opposite the spire (bottom right in your first picture), the window count in the RL building is:
|| 2 - 4 - 6 - 4 - 2 ||
On your BAT, the window count is:
|| 2 - 4 - 4 - 6 - 4 - 4 - 2 ||

I also like the base that you modeled a lot! Much better than the generic Maxis version. However, I still wish you wouldn't always model the entire ground. This way we could switch out ground textures, add or remove trees... it would open up so many possibilities, and there wouldn't be that visible seam around the lot.

You've been spoiling us with great BATs, and I feel like a jerk posting this critique. :lost: It would be great if you kept a BAT thread so we could this before you upload.  ;)

In any case, I hope we'll see more BATs from you! So much 3dsmax goodness, and such speed. Keep it up and thank you for sharing! *:)

3 people like this

Share this comment

Some of the Maxis buildings still have an edge on user created content, and this building would be like the crown jewel of tall buildings in SC4.   I think the interpretive height of the Maxis version is more artistically interesting.  I also think the term 'realism' in SC4 user created content is mostly inaccurate as this environment is a 256 color, fixed isometric projection very far from state of the art 3D, 3-point perspective photo-realism.  And that's not to mention a variety of other technical graphic capabilities beyond what is possible in SC4.

With all the above said, a re-work of this building, a bit of smoothing and stretching, a bit more 'artistic' feeling to the presentation, and this building could be the very symbol, the singular iconic masterpiece, of SC4 user created content achievment over the past 14 years.  Its already 90% of the way there.

Share this comment