• Moose

5 Screenshots

About This File

An application for post-nuclear technological civilization.

• 8 (width) x 4 (depth) Lot Size.
  • Power and Water produced: 8,000,000 MWh/ Gal. per hr. 
  • Water Treatment and Recycling: 1,000,000/ 60%,  
  • Maintenance Cost: 0, Monthly Income: 50000.
  • Landmark and Park Effect: 10 over 20, 
  • Pollution Reduction -10 over 50. 
  • Transit and Network enabled. 
  • Maxis Night Lighting.

Location: Power Menu, Business Deals, Trash Presort Ordinance

The textures file below is no longer a dependency. I've extracted the 4 metal textures and included them in the folder containing the lot.  If the texture file below is used then delete the 'BaseTexturesElements_Metal.dat' (40K) file in the 'Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant' folder as the textures don't need to be loaded twice.  (The metals textures .dat file may be freely used and included in works other than for the purpose of this lot.)

Dependencies:  Base Textures Vol 1 Elements for metal base textures.

NO DEPENDENCIES

FOLDER: Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant

There are now 2 sub-folders containing 2 versions of the power plant, one has the 50K business deal, and the other has a 50K cost for plopping the lot but no business deal.  Use either the 50K PlopCost folder or 50K BusDeal, not both.  Select one and delete the other. The lots are copies of each other so the game will not separate them into independent lots. Neither have maintenance costs.

Description:

What this power plant (hypothetically) does is filter neutrinos from the origin of the universe that are the background static before all construct of atomic matter.  The series of high power super-cooled magnetic plates slow down the neutrinos until they exert inertial force which is converted to thermal energy driving electric generator turbines.

For the electric power needs of the entire world, only one of these plants is required as its capability of generation of power vastly exceeds what the demand would ever be for civilization on Earth. 

This power plant requires no use of any other fuel and produces no waste or radioactivity.  There are no costs involved in either construction or maintenance as the power plant, once operating, eliminates the need for any form of abstract valuation of property, labor or resources.   There are no security risks in the operation of this power plant as there is no excess of source, transmission or storage of energy.     

Dedicated in memory of March, 11, 2011.

Install:

To install first open the Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant folder and choose one of the versions, delete the other sub-folder.   Copy and paste the Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant folder into your User\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins folder. 

What's New in Version 1.2.0   See Changelog

Released

Added HTML preview and install, added List of Alternate Power Plants on the STEX text file.  Indicated lot size.   Added .dat file for 4 metals base textures so no dependencies.   Added copy of lot without the business deal.

Tyberius06, korver, RafaPi and 4 others like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

nos.17

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Great idea and great execution. I'm always impressed with those who can stitch together Maxis props to look cohesive as one, large structure. The only two things I'm not convinced of are the plop cost and monthly cost. I feel like a neutrino plant would have a massive construction cost and at least a small monthly cost to account for the employees. Other than that, it looks great and I will definitely be using it in my cities. *;)

RandyE likes this

Share this review

Link to review
korver

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Very cool! You pulled off the look quite well.

RandyE likes this

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Shroomblaze
      Thank you to all the people who help make this game possible! Colossal Order, Paradox Interactive and all the Cities Skylines fans who made the community what it is today! I was going through a very dark time in my life and if it wasn't for this game I would probably still be in a hell hole of a life wishing I was dead. You gave me that faith in myself again and I'm eternally grateful! Bless your Lives with Love and Great Friendships! Nothing Is Impossible, for in that word you have "Im Possible". Start Living with Love and your Highest Dreams Now!

• By huzman
      I searched a lot to see if something and anything about this theme, nada. I got myself a newish comp with WIN 8.1 (64). I would like to install SC4 D there, either the 640 or 641, as I have both. But I had more than my share of troubles with SC4 D and my old and dying XP-sp3.
    • By Fallschirmjag3R

Please don't reupload.
      https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqEBDyDot9BBhGPc77H7nlAccziq
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: Maxis Mansion Overhaul - Extension Set
      Introduction
      Ah, Maxis mansions... err... wait a minute!
      This is the long overdue expansion pack for my Maxis Mansion Overhaul mod, which was released several eons ago. This set expands the original mod by taking advantage of new lot sizes, climate variation, and the strength of the individual models themselves to add further variation in your affluent areas.
      Package Overview
      This set contains a total of 33 lots. Some of the new features include:
      climate variation: The original was purely focused on seasonal vegetation, and nothing more. This set varies that up by introducing "warmer" and "colder" lots, which can contain anything from tropical palm trees to spruces. individual lots: Some models, especially the larger palazzo variants, don't function very well in a family due to the variation of sizes. These have been lotted individually and each have their own flair and unique design (mostly). new general lot sizes: 2x4 and 3x5 sizes are available for a few of the mansion families, adding even more shapes and sizes. mayor's mansion: The tiny mayor's house reward now joins the fray as a growable, in 3 distinct variations. General Stats
      The Mayor's House is the only new building and has a capacity of 10 R$$$ sims. It is available in the following lot configurations:
      1 3x3 front, stage 1 2 2x3 front, stage 2 The rest of the mansions use the original descriptors and as such, have their stats untouched. Consult the README or view the screenshots for a more detailed breakdown of the lot stats.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder.
      Dependencies
      Not mandatory, but highly recommended is the original Maxis Mansion Overhaul mod.
      Props
      SHK Parking Pack LBT MEGA Prop Pack Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 2 AnyOne for Tennis Textures
      NDEX Texture Set Vol. 1 BSC Textures Vol. 1 BSC Textures Vol. 2 BSC Textures Vol. 3 BSC Texture Pack Cycledogg V01 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures Enjoy!
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I haven't compared this to the real-life version, so I cannot comment on how faithfully you recreated it, but since I have no particular connection to that building anyway, this aspect doesn't matter to me personally. What matters more to me is that this looks like a great BAT of a tower that is both rather generic and can pop up two or three times in a big city's skyline without standing out too obviously (provided you have enough other skyscrapers, with some iconic buildings to draw most of the attention) and also pretty interesting once you zoom in and take a closer look. That base makes it more than just your average black/brown/beige/grey box with window strips. As such, it can also look great when placed in a mid-rise environment. Thank you very, very much for keeping the lot editable, too! This offers great opportunities for adaptation to different playing styles and preferences. A day with a Diego Del Llano upload is always a good day in STEX terms.
    • Boom! Another great HT here! Hope Mr Tsvirkunov will open a new factory soon in my cities! Thanks for sharing your stuff!
    • Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list
    • That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)