• Moose

Midrise Office Pack Volume 8 1.0.0

(5.00)    (17 Reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

The chief financial officer just announced third quarter losses were greater than expected, the head of human resources needs to discuss an incident at the company picnic last week, and a server outage has just erased three weeks' worth of data entry.  But hey, this is what you signed up for when you took all those typing and business administration courses at community college, right?  Presenting yet another set in a series of office buildings to provide some variety to your commercial business district.  Included in this upload are the following establishments...

Pazder & Smith, LLC
Stratford and Davis, Inc.
Baran, Buckey and Amirault
MacFarlane and Finkelhour, Esq.
Raschke, Rivera and Pace
Pulling, Jaffe & Egbert
Warnke and Todd Design
Hollander, Holmberg & Chick

The buildings here were made to compliment existing Maxis offices - all are made in a 3x2 footprint, and are lotted as 3x2 and 3x3 in most cases.  This pack contains 8 different buildings with over 40 lots, ranging from stage 5 to stage 7 CO$$$ with anywhere between 339 and 441 jobs.  All have been lotted similar to their Maxis counterparts in order to blend in; as such, there are no dependencies.  All have nightlights, custom queries, and stats similar to previous uploads.  Do note, however, that since these are all high wealth commercial offices, they won't grow nearly as frequently as some BATs released in earlier packs.  Special thanks to Simtropolis users Fantozzi and rsc204 for testing their growability in cities - their efforts are greatly appreciated.

So fire off yet another email to personnel, send your assistant out for another latte, and remind your boss that his wife's birthday is next week, and that you've already booked them dinner at their favorite restaurant...enjoy!

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Edvarz

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Another brilliant set! I am a huge fan of your art deco buildings.

You know, with your 8 midrise office packs you have created an expansion in it's own right! The vanilla midrise office buildings are nice (except for one in the Chicago tileset that is badly rendered), but they pale in comparison to the variety you've given us. These buildings sets just fit. Plus, there's the interesting names and backstories, which are a nice detail. And there's also the fact that you do all this models with good 'ol Gmax!

Thank you so much for all of your efforts!.

Man, what a time to play SC4!!! *:yes::ohyes:

Fantozzi, raynev1, matias93 and 2 others like this

Share this review

Link to review
Jasoncw

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I can't believe how many of these building packs you've done. All the way up to 8!

madhatter106 and Jack_wilds like this

Share this review

Link to review
mattb325

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I love these packs. Your quality and attention detail is always superb! Thankyou for giving so much to the game*:golly:

Jack_wilds, raynev1 and Fantozzi like this

Share this review

Link to review
Aaron Graham

You know this is a 5/5 BAT!!!!! Great work buddy. *:thumb:

Jack_wilds likes this

Share this review

Link to review
JP Schriefer

Thank you very much for this pack! They all fit perfectly in my cities.

Your dedication doing BATs is amazing :)

Jack_wilds likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Tyberius06

Thank you for sharing this pack! I love your work, I'm using your creations in my cities, so this one will fit perfectly again! 

Thank you so much! 

- Tyberius

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you   I always enjoy your creations and the stories that go with them  beautiful models and love the custom queries

Share this review

Link to review
SIMplemente

Brilliant, thanks for sharing!

Share this review

Link to review
kingofsimcity

Another gorgeous set of midrises! I always get excited when I see your BATs sprout up in my cities and now I have even more to look forward to. Fantastic work. :thumb:

Fantozzi and raynev1 like this

Share this review

Link to review
Fantozzi

4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

Thank you for the continuous quality.

As these are all growables, unique growables each one with its own story, gaming becomes much more enjoyable - you can't wait till one of them shows up in your city and then you say - as if you did something to be proud of it - ah, there is 'MacFarlane and Finkelhour' or ah, there is 'Warnke and Todd'.

Hard to describe. But you add more than just buildings to the game, you add fun to the game. And that's simply the best a content creator can do. Even if some doubtfull souls may say - this time, madhatter106 did it in a quite satanic way.

Edvarz, rsc204, raynev1 and 4 others like this

Share this review

Link to review
FattyMcButterPants

Love all of your content, and I'm having fun watching your offices pop up in my downtown areas. I agree with Edvarz. Th art deco are especially great.

Jack_wilds likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Prophet42

Fantastic set!!  Your BATs are an automatic download for me.  The variety of buildings you have provided for the game is greatly appreciated.  Can't wait to add these to my madhatter section in my plugins!  Keep up the great work.

raynev1 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

awesome!... exceptional package. well done 5/5...

Share this review

Link to review
Matty B

Just Amazing. .Thank You *:thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
SimNation

Great work as always, good to see you're still at it with your releases.

Share this review

Link to review
Ceafus 88

Thank you for all you do for this website and SimCity ! 

This pack is beautifully crafted and well executed by one of the best! 5/5!

raynev1 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
philforhockey51

Another Great pack, as always Great Work!

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Evanjs
      This relot is a @SimGoober Lot, we more parking, and ligths, and a Backdoor area. These lots are made for side by side lot "Prop A Lot relots" Like @SimGoober did with his Prop A Shop. Hope you enjoy.  

You will need these Files to Prop. 

• By Yohane Architects
      Red Rose Tower
      File: BAP
      Size: 3x3
      Type: Commercial
      This is another Medium land value dense commercial Tower.
    • By Evanjs
      These Files are relots of @MarcosMX. I Made the lots with bigger lots, more parking, a delivery area, cool ligths. These lots are made for side by side lot "Prop A Lot relots" Like @SimGoober did with his Prop A Shop. Hope you enjoy.  

You will need these Files to Prop. 

• By Evanjs
      I have always loved @RRetail And @nos.17 re-lots so I have stated my own re-lots. More to come soon.

Update 1.

• By nos.17
      Just because I don't like them, doesn't mean yall won't.
      All of the lots are "as-is," meaning no editing has been done since Bobbo662 originally released them around 2005ish. 

--------
      Stats:
      --------
      CS$ & CS$$ Landmark and Growable Stages 1-3
      All stats generated with PIMX.

------------------
      Installation:
      ------------------
      To avoid duplicates and possible errors, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO RUN THE PROVIDED CLEANITOL FILE. After that completes, simply place anywhere in your plugins folder.

--------------
      Contents:
      --------------
      Most come as Landmark plopable lots (with CS$ or CS$$ jobs), but there are a few growables sprinkled in too ( also CS$ or CS$$)
      60's Style Esso Station BP Connect Chevron Fast Mart Service Station Chevron Service Station Citgo Service Station DELL DollarTree Plaza Esso Retro Service Station Fry's Electronics Hardee's Petro-Canada Service Station Retro Safeway Grocery Store Texaco Service Station Texaco Small Service Station TJ Maxx Plaza
      Since the file size is 12.8 mb, and I did not want to split it up. The size is now 8.7mb, but it still can be downloaded fplayers may download it from my google drive here.

---------------------
      Dependencies:
      ---------------------
      BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01
      BSC Textures Vol 01
      nos.17 Essentials
      Probably one or two others too, which are obscure and not worth finding.

From the archives:

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I haven't compared this to the real-life version, so I cannot comment on how faithfully you recreated it, but since I have no particular connection to that building anyway, this aspect doesn't matter to me personally. What matters more to me is that this looks like a great BAT of a tower that is both rather generic and can pop up two or three times in a big city's skyline without standing out too obviously (provided you have enough other skyscrapers, with some iconic buildings to draw most of the attention) and also pretty interesting once you zoom in and take a closer look. That base makes it more than just your average black/brown/beige/grey box with window strips. As such, it can also look great when placed in a mid-rise environment. Thank you very, very much for keeping the lot editable, too! This offers great opportunities for adaptation to different playing styles and preferences. A day with a Diego Del Llano upload is always a good day in STEX terms.
    • Boom! Another great HT here! Hope Mr Tsvirkunov will open a new factory soon in my cities! Thanks for sharing your stuff!
    • Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list
    • That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)