• Moose

7 Screenshots

About This File

DESCRIPTION
Located in the city of Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, Saint Thomas is a modernist residential building built in 2009.

INFORMATIONS
The model is available in two versions, Landmark and Residential building. The lot includes 2 trees and they may take a while to appear.
This building was made with custom LODs in case any LOTter decides to work with it.

Landmark:
Plop cost: 15,000
Lot size: 2x1

Residential building:
Lot Size: 2x1
R$$$: 250
R$$: 450
R$: 650

INSTALLATION
Unzip the files from the .zip to your Plugins folder. There are four .zip files in the download area. Be aware!

Saint Thomas (Residential - MN): this is the Residential version for those who do not use SimFox Day and Nite Modd.
Saint Thomas (Landmark - MN): this is the Landmark version for those who do not use SimFox Day and Nite Modd.
NOTE: if you download both MN .zips I highly suggest you to delete one .SC4Model file, but never both.

Saint Thomas (Residential - DN): this is the Residential version for those using SimFox Day and Nite Modd.
Saint Thomas (Landmark - DN): this is the Landmark version for those using SimFox Day and Nite Modd.
NOTE: if you download both DN .zips I highly suggest you to delete one .SC4Model file, but never both.

DEPENDENCIES
SimFox Day and Nite modd (for Darknite users only).

To check my other projects you can visit my thread :)

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Fantozzi

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Can't imagine a city - I mean a city, not a town - where this building doesn't look good. And it looks good from all angles SC4 offers. And it is elegant and tall but not too tall and not too sophisticated.

It is ... mhm ... some kind of 'best mate bat'. Very uselfull as a generic residential but high class on the details, textures and modelling. Perfect to me.

JP Schriefer likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

super done 5/5... like the over model and subject chosen... like most if not all the texture work -two spots I noted by split hairs... like all the windows... aside from creative differences, like most of the lighting....

JP Schriefer likes this

Share this review

Link to review
mattb325

Wonderful Bat - well done! New residentials are always welcome *:thumb:

JP Schriefer likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Takingyouthere

Awesome stuff, looks great! I must say you have real knack for picking some of the most interesting buildings to recreate.

JP Schriefer likes this

Share this review

Link to review
tariely

Another day, another JPS bat : YAY !!! (I love that they take so little space and still are so... stately :-)

JP Schriefer and Fantozzi like this

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Diego Del Llano
      Simmons Bank Tower is a 40-story skyscraper located at 425 West Capitol Avenue in downtown Little Rock, Arkansas. At 547 feet (167 m) high, it is currently the tallest building in Arkansas.
      The new tower was born out of discussions between two ascending business executives, John Flake, a Little Rock real estate developer, and Jerry Maulden, president of Arkansas Power & Light (now Entergy). Construction began in 1984 on the $72 million building, and in 1986 the building was completed and dubbed The Capitol Tower. Currently, the namesake tenant, Simmons Bank, is headquartered in the tower with presence in various markets of Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, and Tennessee. Flake & Kelley Commercial, the current name of the development firm of the tower, performs the management and leasing of the tower, and the Doyle Rogers Company is the special asset manager.
      The building was renamed Simmons Tower in April 2014.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 4,000 CO$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugin
    • By r102
      The Altino Arantes Building (Portuguese: Edifício Altino Arantes), also known as the Banespa Building (in Portuguese: Edifício do Banespa), is an important skyscraper located in São Paulo, Brazil.

The building was constructed to be the headquarters of the Bank of the State of São Paulo (Banespa), between 1939 and 1947. It remained the tallest building of the city for two decades until being surpassed by the Edifício Itália. Soon after its completion in the 1940s, it was named the world's largest structure of reinforced concrete. It was designed by Plínio Botelho do Amaral, who was inspired by the Empire State Building and Frank Lloyd Wright. Its panoramic view of the center of São Paulo and its outskirts attract thousands of visitors. In the future, the Altino Arantes building will become the headquarters of the Banespa Cultural Institute, facilitating artistic and cultural activities.
      Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altino_Arantes_Building
    • By FrankU
      This is the third set of my Dutch Housing project. It contains models from Dutch or Dutch-like architecture built roughly between 1920 and 1970. The set counts 88 different lots in R$, R$$ and R$$$, in several sizes and several growth stages.
      A small remark: from the Mntoes download you need to use the SD props, not the HD. Because they have different TGI you would end up with brown boxes. These have their own beauty, but the lots would not look like I intended.
      You need an awful lot of dependencies, although most of them are very common ones.
      BSC_TexturePack_Cycledogg_V 01b               
      BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01                        
      BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01                          
      BSC MEGA Props - MJB Vol01                       
      BSC MEGA Props - swi21 Vol01                      
      BSC MEGA Props - D66 Vol01                        
      BSC MEGA Props - Gascooker Vol01              
      BSC MEGA Props JRJ Vol04                          
      BSC MEGA Props JRJ Vol05                          
      BSC MEGA Props - RT Vol01                          
      BSC MEGA Props - Misc vol 1                        
      Haarlemmergold MEGA Pack Dutch Vol01       
      Rietveld-Schreuderhuis Utrecht                         
      Mntoes Holt Farm Close
      BNL Essentials v2.0                                        
      Murimk Bicycles
      WAS Dutch Props

• By Moogu
      Looking for active and cooperative mayors to join region and continue a supportive community. Experienced or new mayors encouraged. 
      Rules/Guidelines:
      Original SimCity 2013 only please, no Cities of Tomorrow (all other adaptations are ok, just ask before deploying mods) Be active in communicating and collaborating with other mayors.  2 map lots per mayor (Please ask before claiming more than one map lot), preferably just 1 to start and eventually we'll roll into 2 cities per mayor if they are not occupied completely. play at your speed, don't feel rushed. Just enjoy and have fun! lets get some awesome skyline pictures and let the creativity flow and learn a thing or two from one another. If you want to discontinue playing with this group just let me know and please abandon the map so i can manage it and clear it for someone else to play. I chose Rambling Badlands because of it's fairly linear arrangement of terrain (other maps are much too gradient/sloping and cause graphics issues), plentiful resources and allows 7 cities on each side of mountain range with 1 great work on each side. I personally thought it was a much better set up than just 4 mayors per region quadrant. 
      Also Rambling Badlands is extremely bug free.
      Badlands is also a nice change of scenery from the traditional maps.
      My Origin name is: Moogu69
      I have been an active mayor since release of this title with 1300+ hours logged
      so please message me if you're interested! cheers!

• By mattb325
      WanWan Apartments, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by the old Won Won Apartments on the Asian Tileset in SC3000, Wan Wan apartments have that real retro vibe of 1980's apartment buildings.
      These are tall apartment complexes come in at 12 floors to capture the views and are solidly constructed from brick and coloured concrete infill panels.
      Each building also has underground parking, there are two apartments on the ground floor, four apartments per floor from floors 1 through 9, and the four apartments on 11th and 12th floor apartments are 2 story penthouses with a lovely sun-terrace to lie down and soak up the rays before the 1990's rolled around and everyone was told not to sun-bake.
      This version is not a 100% accurate copy, but it is true to the language of the architectural style of the original building and this is simply one that I made for myself, but have decided to share with the community.
      The lot and models come in a few variations: all of them are growable R§§ iterations and there are both orthogonal - and - because it's a SC3000 building, a 45 degree version as well. The larger 6x6 and 8x8 lots are landscaped, and to help these grow, use the CTRL key while zoning. All lots are designed to grow on the Houston and Euro tilesets only.
      STATS R§§ Orthogonal:
      Lot size :                   2x2 & 2x3
      Growth Stage:          6 & 7 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         §697
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 929, R§§ 514
      Pollution:                  4 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     5/6/0
      Power Consumed:   7 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    20 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:     Medium Wealth Residential Building

STATS R§§ DIAGONAL:
      Lot size :                   6x6 and 8x8. Use the CTRL Key while zoning to get the correct lot size.
      Growth Stage:         4 & 5 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         §697
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 2,502, R§§ 1,382
      Pollution:                  11 (Air)/ 5 (Water)/ 5 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     5/6/0
      Power Consumed:  19 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   52 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:     Medium Wealth Residential Building
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod.
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790
      *BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks, and enjoy!

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I haven't compared this to the real-life version, so I cannot comment on how faithfully you recreated it, but since I have no particular connection to that building anyway, this aspect doesn't matter to me personally. What matters more to me is that this looks like a great BAT of a tower that is both rather generic and can pop up two or three times in a big city's skyline without standing out too obviously (provided you have enough other skyscrapers, with some iconic buildings to draw most of the attention) and also pretty interesting once you zoom in and take a closer look. That base makes it more than just your average black/brown/beige/grey box with window strips. As such, it can also look great when placed in a mid-rise environment. Thank you very, very much for keeping the lot editable, too! This offers great opportunities for adaptation to different playing styles and preferences. A day with a Diego Del Llano upload is always a good day in STEX terms.
    • Boom! Another great HT here! Hope Mr Tsvirkunov will open a new factory soon in my cities! Thanks for sharing your stuff!
    • Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list
    • That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)