• Moose

Rural Docklands Expansion (R.D.E) 1.0.0

(5.00)    (5 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Rural Docklands Expansion

36 Lots to expand the Rural Docklands

Warning

The original Rural Docklands Sets I and II by Doc Rorlach(†) requires 11 Dependencies. This expansion set requires additional 11 Dependencies. So if you never used the Rural Docklands before you might end up with 22 Dependencies to download.

Basic Information

This product enlarges the Dural Docklands with 3 and 4 tiles deep lots and quite a few corner lots to build up an industrial water front. There are no container ports related lots in this set. You can find many of them already on the STEX. This set was done with inland ports and the filling of large harbour areas in mind.

To make the many different corner pieces user friendly I used symbols on the icons. It's easy to understand but it's strongly recommended to read the chapter 'Usage' in the included pdf. It takes less than a minute.

The new lots use the same querry window as the original ones. Most of the lots use similar stats as the original set - they are almost neutral to the city with no monthly cost and small or no pollution or consumption. The main lots (car transfer dock, building material transfer dock, chemical liquids dock, coal docks) are modded for a small caps relief on industries (CRI lots).

This set is dedicated to the memory of Doc Rohrlach.

While downloading the following dependencies - please consider to compliment the original creators. They did the main job.

Dependencies and Installation Notes

1. WMP Rural Dockands and Dependencies

WMP_RDock_Set1.zip

WMP_RDock_Set2.zip

And all listed dependencies (11). The internal downloads are all linked at the bottom of the page. But make shure you don't forget:

BSC Mega Props - JES Vol01.dat

BSC Mega Props - JES Vol04.dat

BSC Mega Props - JES Vol06.dat

which are not included in the download section, as they are external dependencies.

Hint: Rural Docklands, Set I containes a file called 'wmp_dummies.dat' and Rural Docklands, Set II contains the same file again. You can delete one of them.

2. Additional Dependencies

NOB Mega Props Vol02.dat

NOB Mega Props Vol03.dat

BSC MEGA Props - Gascooker Vol01.dat

BSC Mega Props - JES Vol09.dat

PEG-PP_Scows_RESOURCE_101.dat

(please check in case, if you have this actual and not an older version as it might not work)

SG_Canal_CoalWharf.dat

(the installer installs also a lot file named 'SG_4x4_Canal_CoalWharf_30fa6c92.SC4Lot' in the folder ."..\Plugins\BSC\Canals\Extras\Wharf - Coal". If you don't play with SimGoobers Brick Canals this lot isn't of much use and you might delete it)

Murimk_industrialprops_resource.dat

(included in this download is a folder called MMPs with dat files to turn the props into MMPs. You don't need this, but they are really nice und you might want to keep it)

Nams PROPS PACK Vol 2.dat

R6_Prop Pack 2010_Vol2.dat

R6_TSC_PropPack_Vol2.dat

RJM Prop Pack 2

Additional Content (you don't need this - but you may like)

This files can make a fine addition to some of the lots:

Hardun industris coal mine (to expand the coal dock).

JENXPARIS House Boat by (ploppable ship, fitting in size)

Hong Kong Junker Ships (even more nice ploppable ships)

Fantozzi, march 2017. Enjoy!

17 people like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

tariely

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Oh Wonderful ! I was (and am) a Doc fan and I am delighted to see his RDE being so masterfully expanded. The deps are of no matter !:-) Thanks !

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Tyberius06

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Wow, very nice! :) I've never used the original set, but after this, I'm gonna find the proper location for them in one of my cites :D

Thanks for sharing this nice set! :)

Share this review

Link to review
JP Schriefer

Very good job!

Share this review

Link to review
MeMyself&I

These came out awesome, @Fantozzi!  Thanks for the work you put in to these.  A fitting tribute, I think :thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
matias93

Lastly! A great motivation to rebuild that DAMN menu arrangement. Maybe some in-game captures will come this night

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Bipin
      Thank you for choosing Bipin's Industry Essentials pack! This download comes packed with four growable and ploppable warehouse and factory outbuildings, three smokestacks, a massive cooling tower, two utility buildings; one for power and one for water, as well as the essential transit-enabled lots for an HD, grungy road that may be plopped over the standard Maxis ones to give some old-time appeal! Furthermore, some filler items and extra props for the lotters out there are included.

This is my largest upload to date. Don't forget to check out the pictures to see what's in store. You can expect to see "Vol. 2 - The Rust Belt" soon. Also be sure to check out my thread to see what's coming up after this: 
      community.simtropolis.com/topic/46654-bats-by-bipin/?view=getlastpost

Required Dependency Links:

http://workingman-productions.co.uk/downloads/wmp_power_lots.html
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27701-paengs-gridbuster-warehouses-vol01/
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26504-wmp-allotment-set/
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26425-paengs-grunge-concrete-set/
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28814-paengs-grunge-ind-alleys/

Optional Dependency Link:

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27200-light-replacement-mod-lrm-v40-mega-pack/

Psst... I hope you enjoy this little Festivus/Christmas present Simtropolis. I've been pretty ill recently, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from giving all you deserving members out there a gift!
    • By RandyE
      The Lighthouse Lot Pack contains 9 2x2 lots to choose from.  Each lot has a different character, animation, and a variety of props from SC4 Deluxe.
      Dependencies:
      bldgprop_vol1.dat
      For the bus station (non-functional), the 'Plaza Stone' lot requires Maxis' bldgprop_vol1.dat from screwpiledevelopments.com.or from sc4devotion.com.
      The 'Monument Soil', 'Highway Grass', and 'Estate Grass' lots require the 'jbm mega textures pack' from Simtropolis for the base textures.  JBM_Mega_texturepack_0731.dat
      All lighthouses cost §4000 Simoleons, earn §100 a month, slightly reduce air and water pollution nearby, and have a moderate local park and landmark effect.
      All lighthouses are in the Reward Menu and are available for immediate plopping. The Maxis Reward lighthouse is not replaced and becomes available as usual.
    • By CT14
      Welcome to the development thread for CT14 lots and BAT. Here's a quick list of current releases so you don't have to scroll through the thread to find them all:
      North American Freight Sidings
      Llama Terminal Company
      SABER LA River
      Troy Gasholder Building
      FAB Diagonal Industrials
      North American Freight Sidings original first post:
      Inspired by the lack of existing lots representing protypical North American freight railroad sidings, I've created a system of lots that can be used to create eye-candy rail sidings. They are transit-enabled for appearance. I have been encouraged to share my progress in a dedicated thread by helpful feedback in the Show Us Your Railroads general thread, especially from SimCoug, T-Wrecks, raynev1. And the whole thing wouldn't exist without the Jestarr props.

Features:
      18 ploppable lots for different railcar types on double track rail Transit enabled connections to make the lots fit in seamlessly anywhere Three prop families to provide a variety from Jestarr's boxcars, intermodal and general merchandise freight ("Junkers") RRW compatibility Known issues:
      Transparent texture bug as described here http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/42425-transparent-texture-issue/ The lots need custom icons created and added, through Reader as described here: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Tutorial:Inserting_a_custom_menu_icon_with_the_Ilive_Reader Future development ideas:
      Single Track Rail lots don't match exactly when using textures extracted from the RAM .dat, and I probably need permission to use them separately in any case. So, STR sidings may be a separate release at some point. Four-track lots would be prototypical for large yard trackage, but don't exist in RRW. Custom textures might allow some eye-candy four-track lots in future, this would resemble an updated subset of NCD. Dependencies:
      BSCMegaProps JES Vol01 (v1.0) - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=342 For RRW, you need the NAM with RRW enabled. Download:
      Please report bugs here. Thanks!
    • By kschmidt
      Fort Grayon Old Harbour
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Hey guys your comments are Hilarious, XD, I'm sure not a Robot or I don't use drugs,  But the truth is that I many of my models are ready since long time ago, I took a rest in 2016, but in this time I modeled many things, but they are finishing, So new models will take their time to be uploaded.    Thanks for your comments, enjoy.
    • I will surely give it a try because my city has a Swedish name so I was looking for some Swedish brands. Still waiting for someone to create MAX restaurant or maybe an ICA MAXI 
    • Can you do that please? I am using NAM's sam parking texture as parking lots and I was looking for some variety. Besides, I don't like that cars can pass through other cars in sam's parking lots
    • Thanks for sharing - WOW I loved
    • It's seven o'clock,  just doing my usual early morning inspection on Simtropolis ...and now I spilled my coffee.