• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

Lindsay Bros. was founded in 1884 and eventually became one of the largest manufacturers of agricultural implements in the United States. In 1892, the company constructed this factory building in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The building still stands in the city's Walker's Point neighborhood.

This lot is wall-to-wall and modded for industrial (I-m), but would look right at home in a grittier commercial district as well.

• 7x3 growable and ploppable I-m lots
  • Provides 348 jobs
  • MaxisNite and DarkNite versions included
  • DarkNite requires the Day and Nite Modd

Installation Instructions:

1. Download either the DarkNite OR MaxisNite version. If you are unsure, choose the MaxisNite version. Attempting to use both versions in your Plugins at the same time may cause conflicts.

2. Unzip the .zip and move its contents into your Documents > SimCity4 > Plugins folder.

3. Enjoy!

-
Comments, questions, or issues? Check out my BAT thread.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

nederfiets

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This building is screaming for a conversion to creative office space and retail ;-)

will62russ likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Tyberius06

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Very nice addition, very nice building. Do you mind if I reuse this nice building on one of my Seaport lots? :)

Thank you to sharing this!

- Tyberius

Share this review

Link to review
raynev1

Very nice , 5/5 . Thank you for sharing .

Share this review

Link to review
SimNation

Another masterpiece thank you.

Share this review

Link to review
Harmonyisme3

Reminds me of the buildings in my hometown. Love it!

Share this review

Link to review
PaleoCardio

Great building and love all those windows!! 

Share this review

Link to review
Glaub

Great Job! It is a lovely Midwestern building. Reminds me of some buildings in Omaha

Share this review

Link to review
tariely

Nofunk ! Nofunk ! Nofunk ! (can you tel I'm a fan ?) Please keep on batting !

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you  always instant download of your work  love this building

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

awesome, very well done... 5/5...  like the subject and model... brick textures spot on

Share this review

Link to review
will62russ

Yet another quality art of work from a BAT master.  A must have for your grindy parts of town you would not wish to be lost in.  Thanks for sharing. 

Share this review

Link to review
JP Schriefer

Amazing building you did, nofunk! A wonderful addition to STEx and it's aways good too see you around :yes:

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By DavidDHetzel
      Hi Guys,

I made two Lumberyards for SC4. Something I felt has been missing from the game. I made two, the small Lumberyard called Lowend Lumber and the larger railserved one named Sherwood's Forest Products.
      Lowend Lumber 3x3 I-M Grow/Plop
      DEPENDENCIES
      BSC MEGA PROPS DAE VOL 1
      BSC MEGA PROPS NEWMAN INC VOL 1
      BSC MEGA PROPS NEWMAN INC VOL 2
      BSC MEGA PROPS JES VOL 7
      SHK PARKING PACK
      RDG PROP PACK VOL 1 - (This is a bit more obscure so here's the link)
      Sherwood's Forest Products 8x6 I-M Plop
      DEPENDENCIES
      BSC MEGA PROPS JRJ 02
      BSC MEGA PROPS JES VOL 1
      BSC MEGA PROPS JES VOL 2
      CSX MEGA PROPS VOL 3
      PEG CDK 3 RESOURCE PACK
      PEG SPAM RESOURCE PACK
      PEG RAIL FLEET RESOURCE PACK
      SHK PARKING PACK
      PEG MTP LOGGING RESOURCE
      TEXTURES
      CYCLEDOGG TEXTURE PACK 1 & 2
      RRW TEXTURE PACK 1&2
      SHK TEXTURE PACK

Also Huge thanks to @kingofsimcity for helping me with the PIMX work!

Enjoy!
      David H
    • By T Wrecks
      INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD -
      WALL-TO-WALL INDUSTRY 

NYBT ABBT Studebaker Building by SimHoTToDDy

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

This huge, iconic factory building from ye goode old times™ marks the 15th and final upload in the third series of IRM W2W lots based on BAT models made by other artists. Once again, I didn't have too much work with this one because the high-quality 3dsmax BATs by the Manhattanville Team were designed to be W2W in the first place, and Studebaker Building was certainly no exception. Besides, the lot didn't leave much space to work with in the first place. I merely tweaked a few stats, assigned the zones, added a few lot options, and a prop here and there.

The building will provide 488 I-M jobs for your Sims and, as the screenshots show, will look great among mid-rise development. The lots can be used to form an interesting end cap to a 4-tiles deep W2W block, closing it off to three sides and with two 2-tile deep rows of W2W buildings back-to-back on the last side.
      As the screenshot shows, there is not much lot design to speak of; the building sits snugly on the lot.
      As usual, here's the lots breakdown:
      4x4 left cap, Stage 2 4x4 right cap, Stage 2 In keeping with the other IRM stuff, the job numbers are intended to be in line with Maxis stuff if you use Toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler. Since you cannot zone large coherent areas with W2W industrial and the lots can be complemented with fillers, the resulting job density will, in fact, be not that excessive. For the same reason, growth stages for IRM W2W are generally kept low.

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM W2W Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:
      Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing Remove the associated files from your plugins folder Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM W2W Base Pack
      Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original IRM base pack still apply.

In addition to this, you'll need the original upload of the BAT to see the building:
      NYBT ABBT The Studebaker Building. Only the .sc4model files are required.
      If you want to have the option of blocking the enclosed lots from growing temporarily, for example when you want to go back to regular (i.e., non-W2W) IRM industry for a while, you can use the IRM W2W Expansion Blocker v 3.0 (or higher) from November 22, 2016 (or later).  
      RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS

Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers

4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits to the NYBT ABBT guys for their great team effort in general, and to SimHoTToDDy for this impressive BAT in particular!
      A big shout out to all you guys who went with me on this IRM W2W journey, followed, liked, and downloaded my stuff - it is much appreciated. I know wall-to-wall industry is pretty niche, so this will be the last upload of this category for quite a while. On a more cheerful note, you can brace yourselves for a huge number of good old regular (non-W2W) industry.

T Wrecks, June 4, 2017
    • By nofunk
      Located on the corner of Water and Highland, Milwaukee's first brew pub has been a downtown landmark since 1987. Add Water Street Brewery to your city today!
      1x2 growable and ploppable CS$$ Provides 12 CS$$ jobs MaxisNite and DarkNite versions included DarkNite requires the Day and Nite Modd Installation Instructions:
      1. Download either the DarkNite OR MaxisNite version. If you are unsure, choose the MaxisNite version. Attempting to use both versions in your Plugins at the same time may cause conflicts.
      2. Unzip the .zip and move its contents into your Documents > SimCity4 > Plugins folder.
      3. Enjoy!
      -
      Comments, questions, or issues? Check out my BAT thread.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I know it's sized 2x1, but what kind of residential do I need to zone for this to grow? Light, medium, or high density? Or does it not matter? Anyone who can answer I appreciate it.
    • Love your work, but since a handful of files now from different users require offsite files that link to dead links I wish it was a rule here that all dependencies should be on site somehow. Thanks for the reup of the files...
    • I'm still working on the Maxis Vanilla tilesets presentation, but yeah its endless how many amazing artists have contributed to the SC4 repository over the past 14 years.  The problem with the tilesets and with RCI is that there's too much repetition.   I'm going to use for the first time a Maxis blocker that will eliminate all vanilla repetition and reveal whatever user created programming defines.  However, my project is not specific to agriculture.   We'll get back to that later.
    • @RandyE Thanks! I grabbed that one too. I'm not ready yet to kill them all, but I do want other stage 3 farm buildings to compete with Pedriana. Ideally I'd like to find a few more. In the meantime I'm now on a downloading frenzy getting all of @dk1's stuff. Their simple elegance (and the convenience of no dependencies) makes them ideal for mixing in with my otherwise nearly plain vanilla Maxis content.
    • @CorinaMarie It works for me !!