• Moose

Norfolk and Western HL Class Hopper Cars 1.0.0

(5.00)    (3 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

The Norfolk and Western Railway (NW) used the HL Class 40 ft, 2 bay "fishbelly" hopper cars to transport coal during the early to mid 20th century. These Late Steam/Transition era cars have the "sloped side sheets" with original road numbers 22000-25999, 38000-39999, and 68500-69499. [1]

Some HL class were rebuilt into H9 class around 1949, this marked the beginning of the phasing out of the design. By 1960 they were using different cars and different paint schemes, and the Norfolk and Western was running diesel on its mainlines starting in 1959. [2]

Installation:
Simply unzip the "CT14 - Norfolk and Western HL Class Hopper Cars.zip" file into your plugins folder.

Removal:
Remove the "Norfolk and Western HL Class Hopper Cars" folder from your plugins folder (normally in Plugins/CT14/Norfolk and Western HL Class Hopper Cars". Lots which use these props will be a little bit emptier.

Prop catalog:

For SimCity, these cars have been rendered as HD props in a variety of angles and filled with coal in three variations, along with empty car versions.

Orthogonal (3 load variations plus empty):
- 90 deg

Diagonal (3 load variations plus empty):
- 45 deg

Curve Fitting Angles (consecutive angles' loads will generally vary, plus empty versions of all):
Left and Right versions of:
- 5.625 deg
- 11.25 deg
- 16.875 deg
- 22.5 deg
- 28.125 deg
- 33.75 deg
- 39.375 deg

Fractional Angles (3 load variations plus empty for each pair of angles):
FA2 26.6/63.4
FA3 18.4/71.6

Release history:

v1.0 - 20170225 - Initial release

References:

[1] Rex Desilets, "N&W HL Class Hopper Road Numbers?" (O Gauge Railroad forum), http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/nandamp-w-hl-class-hopper-road-numbers?nc=1
[2] PC9850, "Correct Steam-Era N&W Coal Hoppers?" (ibid), http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/correct-steam-era-nandampw-coal-hoppers

Development thread:
http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/69360-ct14s-railroad-lots-and-bat/

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

korver

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Very nice set of props, fractionally angled anything is a massive plus in my book! The wide curve ones look extremely useful as well. I'll have to put these to good use *;)

Share this review

Link to review
JP Schriefer

Very good job on these models!! Thanks for them :)

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you  these are beautiful and good job making them historically accurate   you seem like a true rail fan

CT14 likes this

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/01/2017

We've had to spend on a few extra things for May but you guys have been great in helping us reach those goals! We're still just a bit shy,  if you can help out with a donation, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By espee04135
      These are TRAIN MODS made by Dearnen that have been in the MODD forums for a long time. The downloads have stopped working on some of the links so I emailed Dearnen and got his permission to put them up here so everyone could enjoy them. With this set you get Two Short Line Roads. New England Central and Genesee & Wyoming. Short Line railroads for those of you who don't know are SMALL rail companies that serve usually lesser traveled tracks to pick up/deliver freight to larger railroads. There are 4 locomotives in all, 2 replace the original game locomotive (YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE OF THESE AT A TIME) and then there are 2 extras that will show up at random (USE AS MANY AS YOU WANT). Read the README that comes with the download for more information. Place the files of your choice in: ProgramFiles/Maxis/SimCity4/Plugins THANK YOU Dearnen for allowing me to post these great locomotives!
    • By espee04135
      These are TRAIN MODS made by Dearnen that have been in the MODD forums for a long time. Some of the downloads have stopped working so I emailed Dearnen and got his permission to put them up here so everyone could enjoy them. With this set you get KCS's standard Grey paint scheme. There are 2 locomotives in all, 1 replaces the original game locomotive (YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE OF THESE AT A TIME) and then there is 1 extra that will show up at random (USE AS MANY AS YOU WANT). Read the README that comes with the download for more information. Place the files of your choice in: ProgramFiles/Maxis/SimCity4/Plugins THANK YOU Dearnen for allowing me to post these great locomotives!
    • By espee04135
      These are TRAIN MODS made by Dearnen that have been in the MODD forums for a long time. Some of the downloads have stopped working so I emailed Dearnen and got his permission to put them up here so everyone could enjoy them. With this set you get 2 BN (Burlington Northern) in the Green/White paint scheme and 2 BNSF (Burlington Northern/Santa Fe) that came about after the two railroads merged. There are 4 locomotives in all, 2 replace the original game locomotive (YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE OF THESE AT A TIME) and then there are 2 extras that will show up at random (USE AS MANY AS YOU WANT). Read the README that comes with the download for more information. Place the files of your choice in: ProgramFiles/Maxis/SimCity4/Plugins THANK YOU Dearnen for allowing me to post these great locomotives!
    • By espee04135
      These are TRAIN MODS made by Dearnen that have been in the MODD forums for a long time. Some of the downloads have stopped working so I emailed Dearnen and got his permission to put them up here so everyone could enjoy them. With this set you get you get the Union Pacific in it's standard Yellow/Grey paint scheme and the Chicago & Northwestern it's usual Yellow/Brown paint scheme. There are 4 locomotives in all, 2 replace the original game locomotive (YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE OF THESE AT A TIME) and then there are 2 extras that will show up at random (USE AS MANY AS YOU WANT). Read the README that comes with the download for more information. Place the files of your choice in: ProgramFiles/Maxis/SimCity4/Plugins THANK YOU Dearnen for allowing me to post these great locomotives!
    • By espee04135
      These are TRAIN MODS made by Dearnen that have been in the MODD forums for a long time. Some of the downloads have stopped working so I emailed Dearnen and got his permission to put them up here so everyone could enjoy them. With this set you get an old Class 1 Railroad the Great Northern and modern Short Lines Road the Central Oregon & Pacific. The Great Northern was know for running its HI-NOSE locomotives LONG HOOD FORWARD (Norfolk Southern used to do the same thing), that's why it looks like it is running backwards. There are 4 locomotives in all, 2 replace the original game locomotive (YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE OF THESE AT A TIME) and then there are 2 extras that will show up at random (USE AS MANY AS YOU WANT). Read the README that comes with the download for more information. Place the files of your choice in: ProgramFiles/Maxis/SimCity4/Plugins THANK YOU Dearnen for allowing me to post these great locomotives!
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• In case you're interested this is what I've got after extracting and installing the appropriate files.  Really no difference at all compared to when I first wrote you.
    • Do you know whether or not this file is compatible with SC4 on Steam?  I extracted the .7Z file and installed the files and I've still got nothing but a big blank lot.
    • Ahh, gotcha.  I'm using a Mac.  So the .7z file needs to be extracted.  That part I wasn't aware of, I just loaded the 7z file into my plugins folder.  I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!
    • Thought you might know it, but it was worth a shot. Ah yes, those real-estate photos - I had, in fact, seen an article about that blog somewhere and nearly forgotten about it afterwards, but then my sister gave me a tear-off calendar for Christmas: every day a horrible picture and a great one-liner. I love that stuff.
    • @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.