• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

The Carlton Hotel is a historic hotel in the Central Business District of Johannesburg, South Africa. It opened in 1972 as part of the enormous Carlton Centre complex, and has been closed since 1998.

The enormous, modern Carlton Centre, built at a cost of R88 million, would contain a fifty-story office tower, the tallest in Africa; the thirty-story luxury Carlton Hotel; a five-story Garlicks department store; a huge three-and-a-half-acre public plaza with a two-story underground shopping centre beneath it containing 140 shops; parking garages with space for 2000 cars; and an adjacent 57,000 square-foot exhibition centre with an indoor ice skating rink on the top level. The complex was designed by noted American architect Gordon Bunshaft, of the internationally renowned firm of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, working in conjunction with the local Johannesburg firm of Rhodes-Harrison Hoffe and Partners. Anglo American bought out SAB's share of the project in 1969, while it was still under construction.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 2,500 CS$$$ Jobs

To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

JP Schriefer

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Wonderful job!

I agree with Korver, it's great to see an African skyscraper around.

matias93 and mertzigzag like this

Share this review

Link to review
Gpsarros

Another great building 

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

the high score is for choice of subject, the project model, and color... it is to be noted... progress is being had... to really get a handle on lighting is to read Jasoncw's writings on batting... it may be of help... 5/5, nicely done

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you for this addition to a very small collection of African buildings   the model looks great and the background story is very interesting

Share this review

Link to review
Shanethemain

WOW! Thank you for all of these wonderful additions! Seriously, your work is amazing! THANK YOU AGAIN

Share this review

Link to review
korver

Awesome as always. Also love the fact you made an African skyscraper BAT (probably the first true one on the STEX) - a unique addition to any city!

JP Schriefer and matias93 like this

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By SimGoober
      At Fairfield Inn and Fairfield Inn & Suites you get a room that is bright, fresh and clean, plus all the award-winning hospitality of Marriott, at a price that will make you smile. For more information on Marriott Hotels, please see www.Marriott.com
      Growable Version
      The growable version of this lot will be built by your Sims when the appropriate zone is provided.
      Lot size: 5 x 3 and 5 x 5 tiles ,Commercial Services Building Style(s): New York, Chicago, Houston Growth Stage: 3 and 4 Occupants: 178 CS
    • By adambailey39
      Baileys presents, Marriott Stadium! Featuring 110 Hotel rooms overlooking the football action. 
      Size: 13x16 tiles
      No dependencies 
      No night lights  im hoping to update these stadiums with lights in the future.
      Stadium suggestions???

• By RRetail
      This batch of relots focuses in on hotel models from Simgoober and patfirefghtr, as well as a small non-chain motel by onlyplace4.  Please note that you will need the description (DESC) files for the LBT files found in patfirefghtr's lots. Once you have installed the LBT lots linked below, simply open your plugins/LBT/HotelsPack and delete the lot files found in each hotel folder. You need to keep everything in the model folder. 

A special thanks to Kingofsimcity for the assistance with making the attached parking garage file a prop.

3x6 lots:
      4x6 lots:
      5x5 lots:
      4x7 lots:
      5x2 lots:
      6x5 lots:

Other Dependencies:
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 1 BSC MegaProps CP Vol. 1 BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 2 LBT Mega Prop Pack Vol. 1 VIP Carpack vol1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures 1.0.1 SHK Parking Pack You will also need the LBT hotel model pack and Simgoober's Urban Parking Garage:

• By patfirefghtr
      Functional Landmark Plop with CS $$ 4 Lot size: 5x6 Position in the menu: Landmark menu wealth: $$$ - Medium wealth Plop cost: 7326 Bulzone cost: 427 Flamability: 40 Max. fire stage: 4 Power: 56 Water: 671

Description:

This is a Hotel building for the Posada Festival 2, BAT made by Heblem and lot by Patfireghtr.

Remember Folks this is a LOT by me and I didn't do the Bat at all if you want to rate the BAT file do so here...
      Hilton Garden Inn is an chain of hotels trademarked by the Hilton Hotels Corporation. Hilton Garden Inns are considered to be moderate-scale mid-priced hotels that are designed for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel brand is similar to that of the Courtyard by Marriott brand, a key competitor. Similar to other Hilton brands, most Hilton Garden Inn properties are independently owned and operated, franchised under a licensing agreement with the Hilton Hotels Corporation.
      Source: wikipedia.org

Compatibility:
      This download is only compatible with SimCity 4 "Rush Hour" or SimCity 4 Deluxe. 

Installation:

Installation: The installer should install the files into your Documents/SimCity 4/plugins/LBT/HotelsPack/HiltonGardenInn 

Un-Installing: To un-install the files, simply delete every lot from this download in your cities and erase the files from the plugins folder afterwards. 

Dependencies:

To ensure the proper functionality, make sure the files mentioned below are installed in the plugins folder. Yes I know there are 5 dependencies to this lot but once you get these dependencies, you will have them for 3 more uploads coming from me here in the next few more days!!!!

Prop Pack's:

·LBT Prop Pack 1
      ·LBT Prop Pack 2
      ·LBT Prop Pack 3

Texture Pack's:

-LBT Texture Pack 1
      -LBT Texture Pack 2
      Model File Pack:

·LBT Hotels Model Files

Nightlights: In order to see the nightlighting, you must install the EP1-Update 1 for Rush Hour/Sim City 4 Deluxe, and then afterwards, install the SC4-Update for nightlighting (note: you have to be logged in in order to see the download link). If this update isn't installed, you won't see any lighting effects on custom BAT buildings. Right of uses: The usage of this download is on your own risk. I try to test my lots extensively, so they should work properly, but errors may still exist. Feel free to modify the lots for yourself and show them in your city journals, but please don't distribute them without asking first. Feedback: Any suggestions, problems, etc... please go to LBT Help
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I haven't compared this to the real-life version, so I cannot comment on how faithfully you recreated it, but since I have no particular connection to that building anyway, this aspect doesn't matter to me personally. What matters more to me is that this looks like a great BAT of a tower that is both rather generic and can pop up two or three times in a big city's skyline without standing out too obviously (provided you have enough other skyscrapers, with some iconic buildings to draw most of the attention) and also pretty interesting once you zoom in and take a closer look. That base makes it more than just your average black/brown/beige/grey box with window strips. As such, it can also look great when placed in a mid-rise environment. Thank you very, very much for keeping the lot editable, too! This offers great opportunities for adaptation to different playing styles and preferences. A day with a Diego Del Llano upload is always a good day in STEX terms.
    • Boom! Another great HT here! Hope Mr Tsvirkunov will open a new factory soon in my cities! Thanks for sharing your stuff!
    • Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list
    • That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)