• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

One Kansas City Place is the tallest building in Missouri located in downtown Kansas City, bounded by 12th Street to the north, Baltimore Avenue to the west, and Main Street to the east. Built in 1988, the 190.1 m (624 ft) skyscraper was designed by Patty Berkebile Nelson & Immenschuh and replaced the Town Pavilion as the tallest building in the city.

One Kansas City Place is considered an architectural salute to City Hall, which is located 5 blocks east of Main on 12th Street.

One Kansas City Place was constructed as the first part of a much larger project named Kansas City Place, which never was completed. The project was to include townhomes, office towers, and residential/hotel towers. The Kansas City Place project was originally proposed during the real estate boom of the 1980s. The plan was developed by Frank Morgan and his uncle Sherman Dreiseszun who had earlier built Town Pavilion that was completed in 1986.

The tower was proposed for the South Loop (So-Lo) area south of downtown's central business district. The project included a plethora of skyscrapers with uses ranging from offices to hotels and residential buildings. Unsubstantiated claims hold that a major cause of the project's failure to come to its full stature was the complaints of residents, claiming it would ruin Kansas City's skyline, which had remained largely unchanged for 30 years.

One Kansas City Place was to be the third-tallest of several towers constructed, though it is the tallest that was actually constructed. Today, it is one of the most recognizable buildings in Kansas City's skyline.

FONT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Kansas_City_Place

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 3,700 CO$$$ Jobs

To install: DELETE OLD VERSION AND  Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RandyE

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Well worth adding to the scroll menu of landmarks. 5/5.   Comparing to the Columbia Tower (Seattle) and Willis Tower (Chicago), the images I'm seeing of One Kansas City Place show a bit more reflection of light and color, less solid black, but the contrast and highlights look great at night.

Diego Del Llano likes this

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you for the beautiful building and the plop with jobs lot

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Sgt Pepper
      Better Images in Description

I have updated my Twin Towers I BATed back in September to bring you a new
      version!

I felt the updated was much needed after finding some time to do so. I feel now they stand as they should
      for SimCity 4's standards.

I'm sure most of us already know about the Twin Towers, what they were, what
      happened to them, etc. They were once great landmarks located in Lower Manhattan, in New York City. They were once the tallest buildings in the city and the state of New York. Standing on top of either tower would give you a feeling of being on Top of the World.

If you'd like to learn more about them, feel free to read their Wikipedia Article for starters. Personally, I find them to be marvels of architecture. I miss them highly, and I hope that they can stand indefinitely in SC4 at least.  

Installation Instructions:

You do not have to demolish any lots. You can either delete the original
      model files from the previous upload and replace them with the new model files,
      or you can simply use the zip file to replace all files at once. The lots are
      exactly the same previously, the only change is the model files.

Stats-

Each tower sits on a 5x5 lot.

Each tower is CO$$$ and provides about 21,000 jobs each.

They are ploppable landmarks only, and are found in the landmarks menu.

Dependencies- None! All added props for these towers are included.

Special thanks to Mattb325 for modding the first version, then doing some more modding work for the new version. Thanks as well goes to T Wrecks and Gn_leugim for their opinions on this.

Images/Screenshots:

I hope you all will enjoy this update! I tried to update the original upload
      and unintentionally deleted it.

-Brandon
    • By Heblem
      Target its an American retail store, this store brings long variety of products and lowest prices to the consumers, this file only includes a ploppable version. Enjoy!

Landmark plop
      Lot size:
      10x11
      Position in the menu:
      Landmark menu
      ocupants:
      CS$ - 1667$ - 419$$

DEPENDENCIES:

LBT Mega Prop Pack: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/21770-lbt-mega-prop-pack-vol-01/

LBT Mega Texture Pack: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/21771-lbt-mega-texture-pack-vol-02/

Install:
      Just move all files into your documents/simcity 4/plugins

Enjoy!!
    • By RandyE
      The Willis Tower, built as and still commonly referred to as Sears Tower, is a 108-story, 1,451-foot (442 m) skyscraper in Chicago, Illinois, United States. At completion in 1973, it surpassed the World Trade Center towers in New York to become the tallest building in the world, a title it held for nearly 25 years. The Willis Tower is the second-tallest building in the United States and the 14th-tallest in the world.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willis_Tower
      The version I chose to re-lot, not well-scaled and lacking night-lighting, but the texture and color was right for re-lotting.

A better scaled version with Maxis night-lighting:

• By Diego Del Llano
      The_H1:
      Is my second original BAT design for the SimCity 4, Is a massive building with 305 meters ( 1000 ft) tall ( I've been working in this new concept, I also made a street level rendering to better understanding the geometry). 
      The complex building is located in Mexico City, is not a simple tower with offices or a mixed use building, What is the difference in here? , ¿What is a Hybrid Building? A hybrid building is an extension of the city, it allows Schools, Hospitals, Hotels, Living, Offices, Supermarkets, Museums, and lot of things. The interesting thing is that a Hybrid Building is funded by two economies, Privated and Public, so this make a super profitable building, the whole population in the city wins the benefits because they can use the public services in the building, and the private investor could make healty bussines in too. Basically a Hybrid building has to have the 3 essential concepts of the sustainability: Economy sustainable, Social Sustainable and Bioclimatic sustainable. Enjoy it ! 
      Sincerely: 
      Diego Del Llano

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 8,000 CS$$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugin

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• In nature, the complex of dance begins with single cells, tropisms, although independently motivated according to the nucleus responding to gravity, tides and light, but gradually all evolution can be seen as a dance of chemicals and forms.  The more complex the dance, the more complex the life-form.   When I watch male and female figure skaters I am stunned by the extreme complexity of coordination of physical, sensory, cognitive and pure ability of flight that my species is capable of.    Dare I say, I am honored to be human.   All our technology and art are just toys compared to the actual material ability of ourselves as conscious physical beings.  As well, in the sciences, male and female have unique cognitive and perceptual abilities that are complimentary and mutually facilitative.  There's no limit to what can be achieved by human beings who know how to dance.
    • The water texture is designed to show dynamic flow, a churning of the water as if an industrial process is taking place.   Its supposed to be clean fresh water, so it would appear more saturated blue with whitecaps.  The texture and saturation also helps to distinguish it as clearly water and matches the tone and texture of the surrounding buildings.   In my texture pack I designed 4 different water textures for different applications of light. Go ahead and feel free to suggest another one, or one you can imagine that might fit better.  Thanks for the feedback.
    • I love, love, LOVE seeing Louisiana BATS in the game. Hope you'll come back soon and upload some more.
    • Because theres no SimCity 3000 section
    • Well, yes ... but also ... ... a map. Depends on the network layout? But no - these are two different maps. That's like two different planets. They'll have to dance alone. Did you ever notice there is a sexual practice - since the beginning - that transcends already gender difference - a very common sexual practice you can't call it rather heterosexual  nor homosexual? You can do it too. Everyday. And so - overcome sociocultural dichotomy not only in theory but with your own hands.