• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

Capella Tower (also 225 South Sixth) is a skyscraper in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States. The building opened in 1992 with the First Bank Place being the headquarters for First Bank System. In 1997, First Bank System acquired US Bancorp and changed the name of the building to US Bancorp Place. The headquarters of US Bancorp moved into the US Bancorp Center in 2000, whereupon the tower changed to 225 South 6th Street. In March 2009, the building took its present name.

The ranking of the building as the tallest in Minneapolis is in dispute. The IDS Center is usually said to be taller by one foot, even by the owners of Capella Tower. It was initially said to be built one foot shorter out of respect for the IDS Center; however, in 2005, it was revealed that contractors had surreptitiously added 14 inches (36 centimeters) of height to Capella, therefore making it taller than the main roof of IDS Center. In February 2005, the IDS counted a 16-foot-tall (5-meter) window washing garage built on its roof in 1979 as part of its actual height, making it 14 ft (4.3 m) taller than Capella Tower. This ambiguity between official measurements and public relations statements might be due in some part to the "halo" that extends out from the roof, which is apparently included in the building's official height (though this is unclear).

The office building, designed by Pei, Cobb, Freed & Partners,is laid out on an L-shaped site with the 56-story tower connected to the 20-story Park Building by a corner winter garden. The building combines six-story cubes and various round towers which echo the different styles of buildings in downtown Minneapolis. The illuminated semicircle located atop the tower is not only decorative but also houses an antenna farm and communications network. This feature has given the building the nickname the "Halo Building".

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 4,800 CO$$$ Jobs

To install this Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins

tonyr, cs4berlin, bobolee and 9 others like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Sgt Pepper
      Better Images in Description

I have updated my Twin Towers I BATed back in September to bring you a new
      version!

I felt the updated was much needed after finding some time to do so. I feel now they stand as they should
      for SimCity 4's standards.

I'm sure most of us already know about the Twin Towers, what they were, what
      happened to them, etc. They were once great landmarks located in Lower Manhattan, in New York City. They were once the tallest buildings in the city and the state of New York. Standing on top of either tower would give you a feeling of being on Top of the World.

If you'd like to learn more about them, feel free to read their Wikipedia Article for starters. Personally, I find them to be marvels of architecture. I miss them highly, and I hope that they can stand indefinitely in SC4 at least.  

Installation Instructions:

You do not have to demolish any lots. You can either delete the original
      model files from the previous upload and replace them with the new model files,
      or you can simply use the zip file to replace all files at once. The lots are
      exactly the same previously, the only change is the model files.

Stats-

Each tower sits on a 5x5 lot.

Each tower is CO$$$ and provides about 21,000 jobs each.

They are ploppable landmarks only, and are found in the landmarks menu.

Dependencies- None! All added props for these towers are included.

Special thanks to Mattb325 for modding the first version, then doing some more modding work for the new version. Thanks as well goes to T Wrecks and Gn_leugim for their opinions on this.

Images/Screenshots:

I hope you all will enjoy this update! I tried to update the original upload
      and unintentionally deleted it.

-Brandon
    • By IDS2
      Another Minnesota building! It's almost as if I have a preference for that sort of thing.
      This particular building is located by the Mississippi River's western bank, right at the heart of the western portion of the University of Minnesota's Twin Cities campus. Dating to 1963, it was among the first buildings to be completed as part of the university's expansion across the river. Over 50 years later, it remains the tallest university building on the western side of the river and is home to, unsurprisingly, a number of social science departmental offices. 
      I've modded it as a ploppable college building as well as a growable CO$$ building. As usual, both darknite and maxisnite versions are included. The darknite scene requires this lovely mod from Simfox. Otherwise, this baby is dependency free.
      Note that two versions of this model are included - one with modeled ground and one with an editable lot. I kept the editable version simple so you can play around with it freely - I'm curious to see what you all come up with!
      Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you have or bugs you find. You can also check out my current projects here. 
    • By Diego Del Llano
      The Torre Reforma is a Mexico City skyscraper with a height of 800.5 feet (244.0 m) to the roof and housing 57 stories, in 2016 it became the tallest skyscraper in Mexico City, exceeding both Torre BBVA Bancomer at 771 feet (235 m) located just across the street, and Torre Mayor at 739.5 feet (225.4 m) located next to it.
      Construction began in May 2008. The complex will host a restaurant, a shopping mall, entertainment areas and DOOM International's Reforma Gym. The construction of the building will be managed by Vertical Capital Group while LBR and Architects is in charge of development.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 5,000 CO$$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugin

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Thank-you for making it clear how to connect the water pump.   It was a detail that I overlooked in my description because I was running the tests using the utility radius mod.   I think from now on in my descriptions I will offer to assist anyone that may have issues with making the lot work.  That may help preventing jumping to conclusions.  I'm including a new preview using @CorinaMarie 's graphic that shows how to connect the pump.
    • Ah! Howdy! Those are cars! Especially the red one shortens commuter times!
    • I followed the steps that came up but in the end there was an error message, "The system cannot find the file specified"
    • In nature, the complex of dance begins with single cells, tropisms, although independently motivated according to the nucleus responding to gravity, tides and light, but gradually all evolution can be seen as a dance of chemicals and forms.  The more complex the dance, the more complex the life-form.   When I watch male and female figure skaters I am stunned by the extreme complexity of coordination of physical, sensory, cognitive and pure ability of flight that my species is capable of.    Dare I say, I am honored to be human.   All our technology and art are just toys compared to the actual material ability of ourselves as conscious physical beings.  As well, in the sciences, male and female have unique cognitive and perceptual abilities that are complimentary and mutually facilitative.  There's no limit to what can be achieved by human beings who know how to dance.
    • The water texture is designed to show dynamic flow, a churning of the water as if an industrial process is taking place.   Its supposed to be clean fresh water, so it would appear more saturated blue with whitecaps.  The texture and saturation also helps to distinguish it as clearly water and matches the tone and texture of the surrounding buildings.   In my texture pack I designed 4 different water textures for different applications of light.   As well, the darker tone of the water would be natural to the depth and confined space where there would be less scattering of light. Go ahead and feel free to suggest another one, or one you can imagine that might fit better.  Thanks for the feedback.