• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

Description

This plugin will allow you to place PedMalls with lanterns (works with all 5 paved PedMall types that come with the NAM). There’s no specific pattern, you will be able to control where lanterns will be placed: There’s a rarely used feature within T21 files where you can make props depend on the orientation of a certain network. This might not make sense for most networks, however, it seems useful for pedestrian malls, and in this plugin, this is being used this way: If the PedMall puzzle piece faces north (or west), a lantern will appear when plopping the PedMall tile, if it faces east (or south), there won’t be a lantern. Please note that I’ve made two versions of this plugin – one with lanterns from rich residential areas, and one with lampposts from mid-wealth commercial areas.

Please refer to the readme for further information, especially on how to install it.

Available languages: This plugin doesn't change or add any language-sensitive content; the readmes, however, are available in English and German.

Dependencies

nos.17, APSMS, bobolee and 2 others like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

APSMS

Very cool idea. I think this idea could be extended to a number of other T21 situations. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Is this compatible with Paeng's Pedmall set?

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By matias93

(I'm pretty sure this is not the right place to ask for this, but it looks to me as the closest one; please move the thread if it's neccesary.)
      I have an idea for a very simple mod to the pedmalls that could ease the creation of dense W2W commercial districts: to make covered galleries using props on pedmall lots. Sure, many custom buildings include galleries, but since they are not modular, the options are very limited.
      With just 4 props (straight, corner, tee and cross) a very flexible system for covered galleries could be archieved, and since pedmalls allows for commercial buildings to grow in front of them, W2W blocks could be easily built just zoning 2x2 lots.
      To generate the ilussion of a continuous gallery, the props should overhang the pedmall lot at both sides (making a very wide gallery -16 meters width) and to blend pillars in front and back (BSC parks fences are a good reference to do so). Overhanging to the sides would also help to blend the roof structure to the facades of the buildings (which are a bit spaced from the sidewalk); I suspect that anything from 10 to 15 meters height would be appropiate to match the first floors of most W2W buildings.
      To add props to pedmalls is something that has been already done with the light pole in the sidewalk textured lot, and expansions to that were made by Moonlinght and Paeng, proving such changes as feasible. About the props themselves, maybe the optimum result would imply a translucid glass roof (like SimFox RTMT tram station) and a Beaux-Arts iron structure, but considering the technical difficulties, a less ambitious solution would also be much appreciated.
      Finally, it is noteworthy that this galleries could also be used as a cover for facades, sorrounding W2W blocks, in a way similar to the parisian Rue de Rivoli.
      I hope some of you, talented batters and lotters, could consider this idea, that I could not realize by lack of skill, and overall, of free time to do so. Any sugestion will be also greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    • By arsenal4me
      I'm working on a roadless, all-commercial island city. It's coming along quite well might I say, but recently I noticed something. Despite my city getting more and more developed, there's very little pedestrians walking around my pedmalls, even at rush hour. I have over 60,000 commercial jobs on a small island (roughly half the size of a small city), yet the pedmalls are virtually barren. I have attached a screenshot of my most crowded pedestrian spot according to the traffic data view. I have my NAM automata set to persistent and dense. Is there anything I can do for the pedmalls to more accurately reflect how crowded my city sidewalks should be? Tried looking for an automata/sprite mod and found nothing. It's a little frustrating, because it can make my developed city look completely barren and devoid of life.

Here is my island city of East Bay. Because each city in region is dedicated to one type of zone, it's taking a while for cities to develop. Between the embankments and roadless transit network, I'm probably a dozen hours in on East Bay alone.

Here is my most crowded pedestrian area, complete with SimGoober's monkey statue dedicated to all users who don't read the readmes. This area is at 300% congestion according to the traffic data view. The area within the black is the pedmall route. The areas marked in red are part of the embankments and should not be considered as part of the pedestrian transit area. Over 50,000 sims take the ferry, which is located in the area marked the leftmost red X. Yet there are only 4 (and a half) sims walking down my pedmalls. How can I get a bigger crowd?
    • By Framling
      I have returned to playing SC4K after quite some time off and I started toying with the old idea of mine of making largely pedestrianized cities with bus rapid transit serving as the major/only means for longer journeys. This was inspired by some exploration of how such systems work in some cities with intelligent urban planning that I've enjoyed during my recent travels (see, I even make my travel plans according to how can I develop my SimCities!)

Using pedmalls, HOV lane markings and bus blocking tiles, I have reached really great results here, seems like the Maxis simulators really do reflect the reality quite well. People walk to wherever they can, take the buses etc. They even walk far longer than they should, but then given that pedmalls are the size of the house I guess they also bike around.

I have two small issues tho, which are more visual in nature than anything else:
      Pedestrian crossings - unless I am mistaken, my pedestrians won't cross streets. They will go to a street through a pedmall. They will follow the street. But they won't cross the street perpendicularly to the traffic to continue on a pedmall on the other side of the street. More specifically, they also seem unable to cross a road tile with a road-top bus stop on tip. This makes me use the pedbridge tiles that come default in the pedmall tile menu, but those are, with all due respect, quite unsightly for the low-rise, low-density residential environments I am developing. If pathing works for those, I was wondering if there was a pedestrian crossing tile that works the same, but is essentially flat?
      Residential tiles requiring road access - to most of you this is "d'oh", but I have only now "discovered" that while for commercial tiles a pedmall in front of it is enough for it to be "connected", for a residential tile it isn't so, they do need at least a street adjoining from any direction. This does work well with rowhousing with parking in the rear, where the entrance faces the pedmall and the back with parking adjoins the street (even if the fences that pop out make little sense), but I could certainly up the density (and balance out the gigantic pedmall tiles) if I could get rid of the extra tile of network per residential tile. Any way around it?
      I guess I might not be the first person to raise those issues, so there either is a nice mod or set of plugins to alleviate those, or they were discovered to be impossible to overcome, but I am too daft to find any trace of those.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• For my relots to work properly, you will need to download these dependencies if you haven't already. Most of us use these particular dependencies a lot. All you need to do is search for each in a Google Search and it should either be the first or second result. Please know that some of these downloads are from the LEX site, which will require you to make an account in order to download things from there.
    • Great work and great to see you batting again! I love MKE stuff and remember going to this bar fairly often when I lived there.
    • I want to have these on my game, but I'm really confused about how to do this download, do I have to have all those dependencies? If so, where do I find all of them? Do I just click the pink 'Download File' button, or do I have to find and download those dependencies from somewhere? I'm not good with computers, sorry. Any help on this from anyone will be appreciated. 
    • Great. You stay closely on the IRM but add something new, no repetition. I'll use them for shure. We really should bring some of the newer props into the game, they deserve it.  For RRW (Real Rail Way) users I'd like to mention that eggman121 did the hard work of updating the NCD texture pack and some of the BSC textures to RRW versions. It is downloadable here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3350 they are a replacement for Railyard and Spur Textures, Mega Pack but only an override for some of the BSC textures (= needed by the original IRM). So keep in mind the eggman121 textures must be loaded after the BSC Mega Textures.
    • @DavidDHetzel: Indeed. They've been sitting on my computer for a while now, but I think it's high time to take them for a spin again.