Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

There are no reviews to display.

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By vitusweb
      Hi everybody,
      as I am starting to experimenting with asset creation (I am using Blender), I start this topic to share projects and problems.
      My first big issue is about underground textures. I have read some old posts about this topic, but I am still unsure I can apply them in my case. I am trying to get something like in the attached figure (side view). The building should "come out" of the sloped terrain. I can already get this effect easily by using one of the standard building templates, but of course textures aren't applied below the road level. If I use the "Japanese Garden" template as I read in some posts, I just get a mess, because the building becomes terrain conforming and the "underground" part does not show up at all (I have tried with the "Flatten Terrain" flag both on and off). Can anyone suggest a solution or a working asset of this kind which I might reverse engineer? I guess ModTools will be required, but I am new to it. Thank you very much!
      By the way, is it allowed to share also maps in this section or is it reserved to mods and assets?

• By Mr_Maison
      Hello everyone. This will be my custom content showcase and workshop thread. In all the years I been a member here, I never uploaded any content but enjoying great work by other members. I take this opportunity to say Thank You to all content makers for making our city building experience so enjoyable. I feel that making content is overdue for me and I want to give back to the community. I have some buildings and trees that I will be showing in upcoming updates to this thread. I will also be asking for advice and help.
      5/25/2017 Release: Wooden Box Planter Link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932855630

And with Tulips

More info on last pages of this thread.

Note: This post was edited 5/29/2015 to reserve this first post for all current updates.

• By Sparks44
      How do we import models to be used as citizens. I see the template but none of my models work.
      I imagine this could have a lot of potential, maybe we could have cities full of aliens, or very fast zombies. Or maybe lots of bloody penguins, roaming the streets. Although you have to have a mod that lets you select what citizens you want. Otherwise the penguins would be amongst normal citizens. I've already made a zombie prop. I like to know how to put him in my city?
      Also does anyone know if we have access to the vanilla main citizen models and not just the lods, so I can dump them?
    • By Ronyx69
      So I was recently looking at some Japan driving videos and got inspired to make some highway pillars.
      I'm planning to make an entire set of various types of pillars in this style, even a 6cell over-canal pillar. (if it goes okay)
      Tell me what you think about my first attempt, I need to nail the style and the details before I start making other variations.
      Constructive criticism welcome, also any ideas.
      By the way, do pillars have LODs like regular buildings? I should just make it just the pillar, without the small details - pipe, wires, supports.
      Not sure when they're going to be done and available.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• It's good to have yo on board as a lotter, and even better to see old models aren't that forsaken after all. For the fist one (which I like best model-wise), the base texture is not ideal IMO, however. It blurs with the roof of the shop building, makes it hard to tell what's going on on the lot, and it also contrasts very strongly with the modeled concrete around the petrol pumps. I think a very light grey would complement the buildings a bit better. The second one is similar, plus I think it the lot may be somewhat big for the building. All of the lots could use some more props - maybe a fence around the back, some parked cars, the odd oil drum here or there, maybe some crates and/or a dumpster behind the building, or a trashcan somewhere... deadwoods has made some really neat servo station props for his "Deadwoods Petrol" series that you could also use to great effect. As it stands, the lots look kinda barren and deserted. Since you're using SHK's textures & props anyway, you could also try to get some more mileage out of them; perhaps by putting some defined parking spots near the shop building. But most importantly, have fun and keep 'em coming!
    • Well, some may find this architecture and style egreigeous, but I sure welcome having such buildings in my SC4 plugins folder! I particularly like them for the multi-building lots like the 5x5 that you provided - makes it easy to recreate planned development. Thank you for making and sharing them! On a totally unrelated note, your little rant about the generic, bland and somehwat cheap character of that architecture makes me think the blog mcmansionhell.com might appeal to you - unless you already know that one. I've had many laughs out of it.
    • Good to see some of these old lots being given a face-lift.
    • Thanks, I will  eventually get to it, I didn't know The original games trees look like that till game. I have a lot others I'm working on now, I will have two Burger King and a Hardee's relot up today. And also maybe a dick sporting goods. One of the Burger King lots will be like my last three relot, so you can have a big shopping plaza. I hope you enjoy these.