• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

Also known as Federal Plaza, this urban square unifies Ludwig Mies van der Rohe’s complex of three buildings of varying scales: the mid-rise Everett McKinley Dirksen Building, the high-rise John C. Kluczynski Building, and the single-story Post Office building. The granite tiles of the plaza continuously flow into the glazed lobbies of these International style, glass curtain-wall edifices, visually and physically connecting the interior and exterior spaces. Low, rectangular granite benches and raised planters define and edge the plaza, while a square planting area with four deciduous trees offers shade for several additional benches. Alexander Calder’s iconic red sculpture, the 53-foot “Flamingo,” adds vibrant color to the black and grey pavement. The piece was commissioned by the Government Services Administration and installed in 1974 to great fanfare, unveiled following a parade celebrating Calder’s work, with the artist sitting atop a circus wagon pulled by 40 horses. Associated architects that have played a role in the complex’s long history from 1959 to 1974 include Schmidt, Garden & Erickson; C.F. Murphy Associates; and A. Epstein & Sons. The plaza is home to a regular farmers market and is a frequent site for political gatherings.

This file Includes: 

Kluczynski Building: Landmark with 4,000 CO$$$

Dirksen Courthouse: Landmark with 4,000 CO$$$

Loop Postal Station: Landmark with 300 CS$$$

To install this Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugin

15 people like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Jack_wilds

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

4/5 like the model and subject.. lotting is better and has something to look at... texture and lighting still need improvements... progress is being had though... so don't quit

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
slickbg56

Another solid recreation. Thank you for this!

Share this review

Link to review
Marchom

Thank You to share. Great job

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you for sharing all your work in creating this beautiful addition to SC4 cityscapes

Share this review

Link to review
Shanethemain

WOW! THANK YOU FOR THIS FANTASTIC ADDITION! YOUR WORK IS ALWAYS SO AMAZING AND ESSENTIAL!

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Avanya
      So I figured I might as well make a topic here, as this is most likely not gonna be the last time I ask for you guys' oppinion.  If I remember, I'll post WIP and releases of my buildings here.
      My current project is a bus depot that fits the european theme and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out - but I've ended up with two sizes of it and I just can't decide which I like the best and could see myself using both. So I'd love some feedback - which you prefer or if it makes sense to upload both of them.
      The small one is about the same size as the default one and has the same stats. The large one has slightly higher stats, but as depots can spawn infinite busses there's no benefit to the bigger one. I purely made it this large as the ones I took inspiration from were this size or bigger.
      Picture time!  

• By Exurbanite
      Hey all, this is my first time posting on the C:S forum. Being an architecture student and urban design enthusiast, I have come to love this game and the fruits of its massive modding community. I've decided to dive into asset creation myself a couple weeks ago by learning Blender and model importation into C:S with the ultimate goal of creating a collection of "Main Street"-style American storefront assets.
      After a frustrating week and a half, I successfully uploaded a test model with a diffuse texture a couple days ago into the asset editor. Following tutorials on YouTube and elsewhere, I created a diffuse map via baking, but as you all can see (and I have later found out) this method should only be used for making LODs as the quality in game is pretty bad. Ideally, the model should be textured like this.
      Right now I'm kind of at a loss of what to do next in order to create an acceptable texture map for my first building. My question is how would I make a quality textured UV map in Blender that can be exported directly into the game? Another way to phrase this question is what is the procedure for creating finished UV maps such as these from the author Avanya? Or am I forced to export the UV layouts to gimp/photoshop and texture them there? I know there are many skilled authors with knowledge of Blender modeling and texturing that frequent here, so I ask if at least one could guide me through this rough patch; it would be massively appreciated. 
      Here's a pic of my model's untextured uv map in Blender. What should be my next move?
      Thanks in advance, If I can figure out how to remedy this issue I look forward to contributing to the C:S community.       
    • By Lost_Gecko
      I've just released my first assets and I decided to create a post not because there is much to see, but rather because as an inexperienced modeler it will be a good place to collect feedback and ask for advice. (I would like to keep the forum clean from my numerous questions!)
      So my project is a modular medieval wall that is currently made out of 7 parts of a 6m high set. This is the short version, which is suitable for town walls, but a 12m set is planned. I might also do a 9m version but don't quote me on that.
      The wall parts are based on the great "stone wall" template of Sparks, so they can be placed freely and conform to terrain. I tried to make their stats balanced in terms of entertainment value. I wanted the towers to avoid flattening the terrain and as I'm not good with playing with building's properties, I went with a water tower template without stats. It's not the most convenient but it works. It's also worth noting that the assets only really work well with an anarchy mod (especially the gates that I made without roads for more freedom).
      Here is the link to the collection: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=718095394
      New short pieces and the tall set are on the way, but probably not before the end of July. You can leave suggestions or feedback so that I can improve my future assets!

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments