See who gave reputation

1. Chief ZDN

Chief ZDN

2. Patt1

Patt1

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By huzman
      I searched a lot to see if something and anything about this theme, nada. I got myself a newish comp with WIN 8.1 (64). I would like to install SC4 D there, either the 640 or 641, as I have both. But I had more than my share of troubles with SC4 D and my old and dying XP-sp3.
    • By Fallschirmjag3R

Please don't reupload.
      https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqEBDyDot9BBhGPc77H7nlAccziq
    • By huzman
      I saw a little while ago some posts -maybe a thread- about shifting LHD to RHD. There was one about the registry key which did the trick. But on a new town I just started, the silly Sims went back to LHD.
      SO after a couple hours of searching, I couldn't find them.
    • By Gambit
      Evening, all.
      I'm curious to know whether this bug has been experienced by any other users and whether there is a solution.
      I have attempted to render several custom regions. When completed, I encounter this issue, circled in red:

It may be worth noting also that land edges are also of low quality. As far as I can determine, this has happened only with regions downloaded to this computer from the STEX. Regions downloaded and rendered prior to reformatting my hard drive, and copied to this installation of SimCity 4 show no such anomalies.
      Might it possibly have something to do with the low quality of grayscale JPGs used to render the regions in-game, or perhaps some kind of compression occurred when the grayscale JPGs were downloaded thus reducing the image quality?
      I'd much appreciate your thoughts on this.
      Mod Edit: This topic is too old to bump, so I'm adding this for anyone who runs across this thread while researching a similar problem. I've explained the cause in this post.
      -Cori (Staff Moderator)
    • By Arn71
      City showcases autumn.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I haven't compared this to the real-life version, so I cannot comment on how faitffully you recreated it, but since I have no particular connection to that building anyway, this aspect doesn't matter to me personally. What matters more to me is that this looks like a great BAT of a tower that is both rather generic and can pop up two or three times in a big city's skyline without standing out too obviously (provided you have enough other skyscrapers, with some iconic buildings to draw most of the attention) and also pretty interesting once you zoom in and take a closer look. That base makes it more than just your average black/brown/beige/grey box with window strips. As such, it can also look great when placed in a mid-rise environment. Thank you very, very much for keeping the lot editable, too! This offers great opportunities for adaptation to different playing styles and preferences. A day with a Diego Del Llano upload is always a good day in STEX terms.
    • Boom! Another great HT here! Hope Mr Tsvirkunov will open a new factory soon in my cities! Thanks for sharing your stuff!
    • Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list
    • That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)