• Moose

m93 KOSC SuperSHK+ retextures for Veredas + Sudden Valley 1.0.0

(5.00)    (1 Review)

3 Screenshots

About This File

AKNOWLEGDEMENTS:

This mod would have fundamentally impossible to do without the work of Rivit, MGB, Gobias and KOSC. 
I'm basically blending their creations or mimicking them, and using their software to create usable plugins.

DESCRIPTION:

King of SimCity recently published a repository of its SuperSHK and SuperSHK+ textures and taking the opportunity to expand the coverage of my sidewalk mod, I've downloaded it and created this custom textures, that REPLACE KOSC's ones. Why replace? Because it allows you to use them directly on any lot that already uses SuperSHK parkings, and because I'm lazy enough to not even try to get my own IID range.

As a design choose, this textures doesn't include the coloured tiles on the paving (because keeping it produced some strange cropped and jagged motives), but only the base tiles, subtlely wealthified as in the sidewalk mod.

This is the Sudden Valley version of the retexture, but it uses an open source texture that merely matches the colour and feel of Gobias' mod, so there is no actual redistributing of his work. In the near future and according to the users' demand, I'll release more versions for SD and HD grass textures; same thing if I manage to publish the basalt tiles' sidewalk.

COMPATIBILITY:

This mod REPLACES the original SuperSHK and SuperSHK+ (FAR) textures, so get sure it will load AFTER THE ORIGINAL KOSC FILES; alternatively, you can overwrite them to use less disk space, but that's not necessary. As they are a replacement pack, the textures will be automatically changed on all lots that use the original
textures.

FILE FORMAT: 

The files are updated on 7z format, because it does wonders with repetitive bitmap files. You'll be downloading the full pack on just 3.4 Mb, while the full repository is 180 Mb. To open this files, you'll need Seven Zip, which is a free, open source, cross-platform, lightweight and programmable file compressor (unexplainably not the standard for everything); download it here. If, for any reasons, you cannot open the file or can't download sevenzip, send me a PM or left a comment here and I'll upload a more compatible zip version in no time :D 

DEPENDENCIES: <-- copied from the original SuperSHK readme

"None. This set will serve as a future dependency for my [KOSC] lots. While it is technically a standalone texture pack, SHK Parking Pack is very, very highly recommended to take full advantage."

As is obvious, this mod will work but look awkward without using both Gobias' Sudden Valley terrain mod and my Veredas Santiaguinas sidewalk mod. You can also achieve a more seamlessly look complementing with MGB's TGN for Sudden Valley. Even more obvious, as this is a replacement pack for a dependency, you'll see nothing of it working unless having lots that use the textures: look for lots that require the SuperSHK textures or use KOSC Superparking modular lots to create your own parking lots ingame.

LICENSE:

This mod has a Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial 4.0 International license, what means you can use all its content directly or creating something derivately, while you give explicit attribution to all previous authors, and while you don't charge for accessing or using this content or a derivate you create of it.

To create the textures, I used a grass texture on the public domain and Paint.net to mimic the colour of Gobias' Sudden Valley; and obviously, KOSC's SuperSHK repository. This last one is subject to its own license (check the linked post above) and previous authors, particularly Shokthrpy.

SUPPORT and HELP:

I made a development and support thread on Simtropolis, you can visit it on the following link:

8 people like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

MeMyself&I

These are great, Matias!  They just suddenly made my sudden valley look all that much better! :thumb:

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures
      Introduction

Happy New Year! Need some irregularity in your lotting? SuperSHK is back with a plus and a whole assortment of FA3-aligned textures for you to play with.
      Overview
      This set contains at total of 482 new overlay textures.
      SuperSHK+ takes the original set and adds quite a bit of additional support for FA3 angled pathways. Additionally, there are a host of extra textures included meant to patch some missing areas from the first set.
      Details
      These textures are broken into 4 DATs. The included resource guide offers a slightly more detailed look at the different texture options offered here.
      DAT 1 - Curbs: Contains an assortment of FA3 aligned curb pieces and connectors.
      DAT 2 - Parking Transitions: Contains transitions and intersections between different parking types with FA3 curbs.
      DAT 3 - Pseudo-FA3 (PFA3): Contains a set of FA3 aligned orthogonal parking spaces and a few basic transitions.
      DAT 4 - Extras: Adds medians and additional support for S-Curves from the original set.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X. 
      Dependencies
      NONE. This set is a dependency. Lotters that want to take full advantage of this set will need the SHK Parking Pack and base set:
      Credit to shokthrpy for the original SHK set. Additional thanks goes out to rsc204 & rivit for their invaluable work with GoFSH (and Bender) and texture replacement -  this set would not be possible without their tools.
    • By vocar
      Hi guys ( and girls ). I am using Sudden Valley terrain mod, without any height modifications. Suddenly, out of nowhere it started to show snow ( white terrain ) on very low heights. When I save and get back to region, there is no snow. I tried getting out of game and restarting computer but same thing happens again. Any idea?

I just saw it is an Easter egg from the developers

• By Adrianor
      Brief Introduction
      This pack contains five models based on real life houses found throughout Santiago, Chile. I've included a variety of different architectural styles corresponding to different decades.

Basic Information
      - Lot sizes: 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 1x3.
      - Stages: 1, 2, 3 and 4.
      - Tileset: all
      - Standard Maxis Nightlights.

Dependencies
      More than one dependency this time. Please note that you have to be registered in order to download the files at the LEX (I guess most of you already are).
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01 --  really popular, most of you should already have this.
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 02 -- again, quite popular.
      LBT Mega Prop Pack vol.01 --  same as the last two. Also, you should already have this if you've downloaded my previous files.
      Romualdillo Props VOL01 -- this should be the only dependency that you probably don't have yet. I also suggest checking out Romualdillo's incredibly detailed and superb spanish houses here.

You can follow my work here. Enjoy!
    • By nos.17
      In my humble opinion, @mattb325's UK Retailers simply looked too amazing to be used without @kingofsimcity's new parking textures. So here I am, combining the work of two great members in one upload.
      Thank you to @twalsh102 for notifying me of dependencies I failed to list and wrongly listed.

---------------
      Installation:
      ---------------
      If you want to override the original lots:
      Once you download Mattb325's Retailers pack, please delete all of the old *.sc4lot files and replace them with the ones in this upload. IMPORTANT: it is key you keep Mattb325's *.sc4model and *.sc4desc files or the lots will not work as intended.
      If you want separate instances:
      You can safely delete everything except Mattb325's *.sc4model files.
      You may use both the overrides and separate instances at the same time; no conflicts will occur, as they are totally independent of each other.

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      Mattb325 UK Retailers Pack DARKNITE or MAXISNITE

SHK Parking Pack
      BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol02
      BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01
      BSC MEGA Props - Gascooker Vol01
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures
      NDEX Texture Set Volume 1
      nos.17 Essentials (v06+)

Above all, have fun...

nos.17
    • By Adrianor
      FINISHED PROJECTS

R$ Pack Santiaguino 1
      CS$ Pack Santiaguino 1
      R$$ Mini Pack Santiaguino 1
      CO$$ Pack Porteño 1
      CS$$ Pack Limeño 1
      WIP PROJECTS
      (Projects that I'm committed to finish)

R$$ Pack Santiaguino 1 

CS$ Mini Pack Limeño 1: Two models based on stores in Lima, Peru.

Banco de La Provincia de Buenos Aires (ON HOLD): A small wall-to-wall bank located in Buenos Aires, Argentina

FUTURE PROJECTS
      Projects that I'd like to eventually start but I can't guarantee that these will actually be made
      R$ Pack Limeño  1
      R$$ Pack Porteño (Argentina) 1
      ID Mini Pack Belo Horizontino 1

* Subject to change
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Original Post
      ----------------------
      Hi everyone, I'm creating this thread to showcase some of my (amateur) work. I have very little experience with batting but I want to improve my batting skill and hopefully release some decent BATs in the near future. I cannot say right now how dedicated I'll be, but we shall see!
      I'm planning on modelling mostly low to medium density and low wealth buildings (C$ and R$) and possibly some medium wealth buildings later on. I'll try to model versatile buildings from major Latin American cities (but mostly from Lima and Santiago) so that they can fit in a 'general' or stereotypical latin american city. As you may know, many latin american cities share a lot of the same architecture but there are some differences nevertheless.
      I have two current projects for the moment: one 1x1 C$ W2W building and one 1x2 C$ W2W building. Both are based on real buildings located in Santiago, Chile (1x1 building and 1x2 building). The modelling is done(?) so now I have to apply the textures. I'm not aiming for exact replicas by the way.
      1rst BAT: house and small restaurant

2nd BAT: Mini market/apartments, mini gas distribution center, apartments 

Now, I have some questions/doubts:
      1 - I don't know how I should model or texture the restaurant so that it looks like the real one (link above)
      2- I have no clue how the roofs should look like. Keep in mind that in many of these older Chilean buildings there is no AC system (in this case, since these buildings are in Santiago, they might have a gas heating system, but I'm not sure).

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments