• Moose

m93 KOSC SuperSHK+ retextures for Veredas + Sudden Valley 1.0.0

(5.00)    (1 Review)

3 Screenshots

About This File

AKNOWLEGDEMENTS:

This mod would have fundamentally impossible to do without the work of Rivit, MGB, Gobias and KOSC. 
I'm basically blending their creations or mimicking them, and using their software to create usable plugins.

DESCRIPTION:

King of SimCity recently published a repository of its SuperSHK and SuperSHK+ textures and taking the opportunity to expand the coverage of my sidewalk mod, I've downloaded it and created this custom textures, that REPLACE KOSC's ones. Why replace? Because it allows you to use them directly on any lot that already uses SuperSHK parkings, and because I'm lazy enough to not even try to get my own IID range.

As a design choose, this textures doesn't include the coloured tiles on the paving (because keeping it produced some strange cropped and jagged motives), but only the base tiles, subtlely wealthified as in the sidewalk mod.

This is the Sudden Valley version of the retexture, but it uses an open source texture that merely matches the colour and feel of Gobias' mod, so there is no actual redistributing of his work. In the near future and according to the users' demand, I'll release more versions for SD and HD grass textures; same thing if I manage to publish the basalt tiles' sidewalk.

COMPATIBILITY:

This mod REPLACES the original SuperSHK and SuperSHK+ (FAR) textures, so get sure it will load AFTER THE ORIGINAL KOSC FILES; alternatively, you can overwrite them to use less disk space, but that's not necessary. As they are a replacement pack, the textures will be automatically changed on all lots that use the original
textures.

FILE FORMAT: 

The files are updated on 7z format, because it does wonders with repetitive bitmap files. You'll be downloading the full pack on just 3.4 Mb, while the full repository is 180 Mb. To open this files, you'll need Seven Zip, which is a free, open source, cross-platform, lightweight and programmable file compressor (unexplainably not the standard for everything); download it here. If, for any reasons, you cannot open the file or can't download sevenzip, send me a PM or left a comment here and I'll upload a more compatible zip version in no time :D 

DEPENDENCIES: <-- copied from the original SuperSHK readme

"None. This set will serve as a future dependency for my [KOSC] lots. While it is technically a standalone texture pack, SHK Parking Pack is very, very highly recommended to take full advantage."

As is obvious, this mod will work but look awkward without using both Gobias' Sudden Valley terrain mod and my Veredas Santiaguinas sidewalk mod. You can also achieve a more seamlessly look complementing with MGB's TGN for Sudden Valley. Even more obvious, as this is a replacement pack for a dependency, you'll see nothing of it working unless having lots that use the textures: look for lots that require the SuperSHK textures or use KOSC Superparking modular lots to create your own parking lots ingame.

LICENSE:

This mod has a Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial 4.0 International license, what means you can use all its content directly or creating something derivately, while you give explicit attribution to all previous authors, and while you don't charge for accessing or using this content or a derivate you create of it.

To create the textures, I used a grass texture on the public domain and Paint.net to mimic the colour of Gobias' Sudden Valley; and obviously, KOSC's SuperSHK repository. This last one is subject to its own license (check the linked post above) and previous authors, particularly Shokthrpy.

SUPPORT and HELP:

I made a development and support thread on Simtropolis, you can visit it on the following link:

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

MeMyself&I

These are great, Matias!  They just suddenly made my sudden valley look all that much better! :thumb:

matias93 likes this

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/01/2017

We've had to spend on a few extra things for May but you guys have been great in helping us reach those goals! We're still just a bit shy,  if you can help out with a donation, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By paeng
      These Mods - one for sidewalks and one for base textures - will replace a number of default textures with new custom textures designed mainly for rural villages, towns, suburbs and small cities. Basically it is meant to freshen up all those places using a lot of the default sandstone or an overdose of 'white' and 'pink' faux marble - mainly sidewalks, plazas, fillers and to some extent also the bases below buildings.

The default sidewalk textures will be replaced with a new texture set for high, medium and low wealth/density.

All base textures and overlays related to the Maxis default sidewalks (Pink, White and Grey) as well as the default Sandstone can be changed to the new Medium Wealth (key) texture with this mod. The Dirt Sidewalks along agricultural developments change to a new texture more related in color as well.

Installation
      The default (and recommended) scenario will install the 'Sidewalk_Mod' with all-wealth-dependent sidewalks (high, medium and low wealth/density) and the 'Base_Overlay_Mod' with all the new base and overlay textures.

The unpacked Mod resides in the folder 'zzz_PaengTextureMod' to ensure that it loads last. Keep it in the root (1st level) of your Plugins, don't put it into any subfolder.

Developer Notes
      Control Freak Options
      Both parts of this mod can be configured and customized in numerous ways. The included ReadMe has a highly detailed section for all who'd like to get into it. For all who'd like to 'Read Before Download' first, there is an Online Version Available.

Extras
      A 'Texture Pack' provides all the new textures and can be used for any individual lotting projects.

Recommendation
      If you want to expand on this mod and its textures, check the work of AtmoGuy, e.g. his highly compatible Mod to Replace Textures on RTMT Stops.

The following animation (give some time to load) shows the 'evolution' from defaults to 'old' sandstone to new textures.
      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5012419/niteowl/texani01.gif

Support
      If you have any problems, questions or suggestions come over to the Sandstone Texture Mod Support Thread and join the discussion.

Credits
      Textures & Modding - Paeng

Special Thanks! to the NiteOwl Murimk for brainstorming, testing, moral support :-) and a big help on logistics... Same to everybody else who joined the fracas at some point in the SimPeg forums!

Mod edit 7th May 2017 - Fixed formatting
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC Presents: IndustryMania - Trucking Essentials
      Introduction
      Do you want to recreate a large distribution center with ample truck parking space of all angles and populate them with tons of random trailers from different freight and logistic companies? This essentials package, which is the prelude to my upcoming IndustryMania re-lot series, provides a set of custom truck parking textures and prop families for @MushyMushy's HD North American trucks which will allow you to do just that.
      Package Overview
      This package contains a set of 38 unique overlay textures, offered in either white or yellow paint for a total of 76. Additionally, there are 36 prop families that cover all of the props included in the original trailers and semi cab sets. Additional details are in the enclosed README.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. Note that the prop families DAT supersedes the original props' .sc4desc files. It is recommended that you relocate or remove the original from your plugins folder to avoid potential conflict. 
      Dependencies
      The textures are standalone and will not require any dependencies. However, the prop families will not function properly without the original trucks:
      Props
      HD North American 40ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American 53ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American Semi Truck Cabs Vol. 1 Credit goes to MushyMushy for the wonderful set of trailers and semis!
      Enjoy!
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures
      Introduction

Happy New Year! Need some irregularity in your lotting? SuperSHK is back with a plus and a whole assortment of FA3-aligned textures for you to play with.
      Overview
      This set contains at total of 482 new overlay textures.
      SuperSHK+ takes the original set and adds quite a bit of additional support for FA3 angled pathways. Additionally, there are a host of extra textures included meant to patch some missing areas from the first set.
      Details
      These textures are broken into 4 DATs. The included resource guide offers a slightly more detailed look at the different texture options offered here.
      DAT 1 - Curbs: Contains an assortment of FA3 aligned curb pieces and connectors.
      DAT 2 - Parking Transitions: Contains transitions and intersections between different parking types with FA3 curbs.
      DAT 3 - Pseudo-FA3 (PFA3): Contains a set of FA3 aligned orthogonal parking spaces and a few basic transitions.
      DAT 4 - Extras: Adds medians and additional support for S-Curves from the original set.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X. 
      Dependencies
      NONE. This set is a dependency. Lotters that want to take full advantage of this set will need the SHK Parking Pack and base set:
      Credit to shokthrpy for the original SHK set. Additional thanks goes out to rsc204 & rivit for their invaluable work with GoFSH (and Bender) and texture replacement -  this set would not be possible without their tools.
    • By vocar
      Hi guys ( and girls ). I am using Sudden Valley terrain mod, without any height modifications. Suddenly, out of nowhere it started to show snow ( white terrain ) on very low heights. When I save and get back to region, there is no snow. I tried getting out of game and restarting computer but same thing happens again. Any idea?

I just saw it is an Easter egg from the developers

• By Adrianor
      Brief Introduction
      This pack contains five models based on real life houses found throughout Santiago, Chile. I've included a variety of different architectural styles corresponding to different decades.

Basic Information
      - Lot sizes: 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 1x3.
      - Stages: 1, 2, 3 and 4.
      - Tileset: all
      - Standard Maxis Nightlights.

Dependencies
      More than one dependency this time. Please note that you have to be registered in order to download the files at the LEX (I guess most of you already are).
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01 --  really popular, most of you should already have this.
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 02 -- again, quite popular.
      LBT Mega Prop Pack vol.01 --  same as the last two. Also, you should already have this if you've downloaded my previous files.
      Romualdillo Props VOL01 -- this should be the only dependency that you probably don't have yet. I also suggest checking out Romualdillo's incredibly detailed and superb spanish houses here.

You can follow my work here. Enjoy!
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• In case you're interested this is what I've got after extracting and installing the appropriate files.  Really no difference at all compared to when I first wrote you.
    • Do you know whether or not this file is compatible with SC4 on Steam?  I extracted the .7Z file and installed the files and I've still got nothing but a big blank lot.
    • Ahh, gotcha.  I'm using a Mac.  So the .7z file needs to be extracted.  That part I wasn't aware of, I just loaded the 7z file into my plugins folder.  I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!
    • Thought you might know it, but it was worth a shot. Ah yes, those real-estate photos - I had, in fact, seen an article about that blog somewhere and nearly forgotten about it afterwards, but then my sister gave me a tear-off calendar for Christmas: every day a horrible picture and a great one-liner. I love that stuff.
    • @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.