• Moose

4 Screenshots

About This File

KOSC presents: SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures

Introduction

Happy New Year! Need some irregularity in your lotting? SuperSHK is back with a plus and a whole assortment of FA3-aligned textures for you to play with.

Overview

This set contains at total of 482 new overlay textures.

SuperSHK+ takes the original set and adds quite a bit of additional support for FA3 angled pathways. Additionally, there are a host of extra textures included meant to patch some missing areas from the first set.

Details

These textures are broken into 4 DATs. The included resource guide offers a slightly more detailed look at the different texture options offered here.

DAT 1 - Curbs: Contains an assortment of FA3 aligned curb pieces and connectors.

DAT 2 - Parking Transitions: Contains transitions and intersections between different parking types with FA3 curbs.

DAT 3 - Pseudo-FA3 (PFA3): Contains a set of FA3 aligned orthogonal parking spaces and a few basic transitions.

DAT 4 - Extras: Adds medians and additional support for S-Curves from the original set.

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X. 

Dependencies

NONE. This set is a dependency. Lotters that want to take full advantage of this set will need the SHK Parking Pack and base set:

Credit to shokthrpy for the original SHK set. Additional thanks goes out to rsc204 & rivit for their invaluable work with GoFSH (and Bender) and texture replacement -  this set would not be possible without their tools.

raynev1, nos.17, rsc204 and 7 others like this

User Feedback

Now this is overengineering done right! :P But seriously, I can't wait to see how you and other lotters will put these parking lots to great use. They are particularly suitable for low-rise commercial services such as big-box retailers, shopping malls, and large chain restaurants IMO, but I can also see them being used for holiday resorts, theme parks, sports facilities, etc.

Thank you for this great New Year's present and keep 'em coming! :)

kingofsimcity and metarvo like this

Share this comment

I've been ready for this day for a while now.  I'm going to have some fun with these.  Great job! :thumb:

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Tyberius06
      Hi everybody!
      Recently I've started making my first custom textures, and I ran into a little issue. So I need a little help/advice what the mistake is what I made.
      My first few textures are appearing nicely and in the intended order in the LE and PIM-X too, but ingame only the first texture from the pack is appering. I attached 2 pictures, the first one is a compare picture between the PIM-X and INGAME. The 2nd picture shows what I see in the SC4 Tool, where I created the pack.

Thanks for any help in advance!

- Tyberius

• By Chief ZDN
      Hello everyone,
      I'll ask you with 2 question. Can we create network from scratch now or in the future? If available, will it included in the NAM?
      I hope you make solutions to above questions (especially first question). I'm not arrogant or have the knowledge. I know this is difficult. But, starter pieces system has some minuses, like must place the starter piece.
      Thank you.
    • By Jolteon
      A tiny insignificant village next to a tiny insignificant highway.

• By Evanjs
      I have always loved @RRetail And @nos.17 re-lots so I have stated my own re-lots. More to come soon.

Update 1.

• By UrbanFoxx
      Minderia
      The land of Technology

On February 4, 1991, the US State of Minderia was granted independence after a referendum on the issue the previous year. Located on a giant island west of Los Angeles, it shares a water border with the United States, and its capital is Minderia City, which was only founded in 1977. This SimCity 4 YouTube City Journal is meant to follow the growth of the seven major cities of Minderia. In the end, (sometime in 2020) we will have a city journal finally worthy of being on the City Journal section of this site (which is probably when ST 10.0 will be released)

Without further ado, here's Part 1 of the series!

Here's a rundown on what has been done in this video. In the first entry to this series, we make the interchange of Highway MA4 and MA7 on the South Split as well as build up a retail park, which will be moved further down south because it doesn't exactly look realistic where it sits now. Other than that, I forgot the skyscraper re-lots from KOSC, yeah. Gonna half to download those before the next episode.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• If anything it's possible for a river with lots of flow to widen abruptly when the channel shape shifts from deep and narrow to wide and shallow.
    • @mattb325 Yes, I enjoy doing this on my days off. I will have a Kmart, Walmart, and Lowes foods tomorrow.
    • I do plan on doing more to these lots, I'm am looking for some tree and plants props, I did place car props but that don't seem to come up maybe try redoing. I also plan on do more gat station by Deadwood. And a little more of B62. 
    • Haha! Thanks @T Wrecks - I have visited that site plenty of times before, it is very good for a laugh, but had forgotten about it for a while. There's also this one which shows just the opposite end of the hell-spectrum: http://terriblerealestateagentphotos.com/
    • It's good to have yo on board as a lotter, and even better to see old models aren't that forsaken after all. For the fist one (which I like best model-wise), the base texture is not ideal IMO, however. It blurs with the roof of the shop building, makes it hard to tell what's going on on the lot, and it also contrasts very strongly with the modeled concrete around the petrol pumps. I think a very light grey would complement the buildings a bit better. The second one is similar, plus I think it the lot may be somewhat big for the building. All of the lots could use some more props - maybe a fence around the back, some parked cars, the odd oil drum here or there, maybe some crates and/or a dumpster behind the building, or a trashcan somewhere... deadwoods has made some really neat servo station props for his "Deadwoods Petrol" series that you could also use to great effect. As it stands, the lots look kinda barren and deserted. Since you're using SHK's textures & props anyway, you could also try to get some more mileage out of them; perhaps by putting some defined parking spots near the shop building. But most importantly, have fun and keep 'em coming!