• Moose

4 Screenshots

About This File

KOSC presents: SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures

Introduction

Happy New Year! Need some irregularity in your lotting? SuperSHK is back with a plus and a whole assortment of FA3-aligned textures for you to play with.

Overview

This set contains at total of 482 new overlay textures.

SuperSHK+ takes the original set and adds quite a bit of additional support for FA3 angled pathways. Additionally, there are a host of extra textures included meant to patch some missing areas from the first set.

Details

These textures are broken into 4 DATs. The included resource guide offers a slightly more detailed look at the different texture options offered here.

DAT 1 - Curbs: Contains an assortment of FA3 aligned curb pieces and connectors.

DAT 2 - Parking Transitions: Contains transitions and intersections between different parking types with FA3 curbs.

DAT 3 - Pseudo-FA3 (PFA3): Contains a set of FA3 aligned orthogonal parking spaces and a few basic transitions.

DAT 4 - Extras: Adds medians and additional support for S-Curves from the original set.

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X. 

Dependencies

NONE. This set is a dependency. Lotters that want to take full advantage of this set will need the SHK Parking Pack and base set:

Credit to shokthrpy for the original SHK set. Additional thanks goes out to rsc204 & rivit for their invaluable work with GoFSH (and Bender) and texture replacement -  this set would not be possible without their tools.

simmytu, rsc204, Fantozzi and 7 others like this

User Feedback

Now this is overengineering done right! :P But seriously, I can't wait to see how you and other lotters will put these parking lots to great use. They are particularly suitable for low-rise commercial services such as big-box retailers, shopping malls, and large chain restaurants IMO, but I can also see them being used for holiday resorts, theme parks, sports facilities, etc.

Thank you for this great New Year's present and keep 'em coming! :)

metarvo and kingofsimcity like this

Share this comment

I've been ready for this day for a while now.  I'm going to have some fun with these.  Great job! :thumb:

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Akallan

Hello everyone,
      I open this new topic to let you know about my new project to create new textures for road networks in general (road, street and NWM). The same subject is opened on SC4D: Swiss Network Textures. There is very little full texture play to exploit them in the LE, which is why I start this work. I create textures for Swiss (CH) networks but also European because we use almost identical road signs.
      My main goal is simply to make textures overlays for the LotEditor (LE), I do not want to create textures for all NAM networks, but only a few in particular. In the future, when my pack is downloadable, you will be able to do what you want with the textures: modifications, mods, additions, etc ... My pack is basic and contains only simple orthogonal textures. Maybe in the future I will follow up with the diagonals, it takes a lot of time.
      For each type of network I assigned a code to identify more easily the types of textures / networks. I put most of the existing networks, Maxis and NAM, but I may have forgotten others. Here are the codes:

Pictures:
      M01a : Click here M01b : Click here M02a : Click here M02b : Click here N07 : Click here N13 : Click here N20 : Click here P22 : Click here  
        I apologize for presenting the Excel table in two parts, I have not found a better solution than that for now, I will see in the future if I find a more ergonomic solution in order to have the table with the links To see the pictures included in it. If you have any criticisms or suggestions you can let me know.

Thank you for your attention,
      Aka
    • By RandyE
      Provides lighting, parking, news-stands, food-carts, benches, and pigeons.
      Blvd Park
      Width 5
      Depth 1
      Plop Cost: 150
      Bulldoze Cost: 80
      Monthly Cost: 25
      High Wealth Park
      Pollution:
      Air: -5, radius 5
      Water: 2, 2
      Garbage: 1, 1
      Flammability: 1
      Park and Landmark Effects: 30, radius 15
      No Dependencies
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Anti-Pollution Grass Park 1x1
      Medium Wealth Park
      Plop Cost: 50
      Bulldoze Cost: 10
      Monthy Cost: 10
      Air and Water -50 over 20,
      Garbage and Radiation -5 over 5. 
      Park and Landmark Effect 10 over 10.  
      Build trees on top of grass to increase land value.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Install to user Plugins folder under SimCity 4 in Documents folder.
    • By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      i make A LOT of buildings in SimCity 4 with BAT, and i've been having this problem for quite a while. the buildings are getting 'mixed up' with each other. and it's getting annoying
      here's a video of an example of whats going on:
      does anyone know how to fix this?  please help! ♥ 
    • By CorinaMarie
      Introducing Temere Locus Full, the 4th map in my could-be-a-real-place-but-isn't series.
      This is a SimCity 4 region I created using the Offline Planet Map Generator. (If you want the program, scroll down there and it's the first linky under the pictures. Get the one that includes the source code because that also has the color table files.) I used 942669825 seed number and magnification set to level to 1.0. To avoid having to adjust the gamma color level in GIMP I set the -i parameter to -0.051 for creating the grayscale image. (This adjusts the initial altitude for the sea level as seen by the Planet.Exe program.) Here's the complete command line I used:
      Planet.Exe -X -pq -s 0.942669825 -m 1.0 -C Greyscale.col -w 3073 -h 1536 -i -0.051 -o 942669825-08-(12x6Lg)-SC4Gray.bmp
      ^ If that line wraps it's not supposed to when you do that at the Dos command line.
      You might notice the height parameter is set to 1536 even tho we want 1537. This is because otherwise the program will create a single pixel white row across the top which turns into a wall when rendering in SC4. So, once the grayscale was generated I pulled it up in GIMP and scaled it to 3073 x 1537. (This is the size for 12 x 6 large city tiles (72 total). Then I added Gaussian Blur of 15.0 both horizontally and vertically to make the rendered map more slope mod friendly. And finally, I set the mode to true grayscale before saving it. Additionally, I modified the Columbus Terrain Mod 2 by setting MaxBeachWidth to 0x9 and MaxBeachAltitude to 9. I feel this defines the coast lines better.
      The pictures above are:
      Simulated SC4 height map as seen in game of the mini map with All Off and Zones data views. Same as # 1 with Contour Lines added. Mollweide projection as if this were a planet (cause it looks cool) Satellite view from Region Census Traffic view from Region Census To use: Put the three files in a folder called Temere Locus Full under your Region folder of SimCity 4 in your Documents.  Then simply render in game with Shift+Control+Alt+r from that region screen like any other grayscale import.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Thanks, T Wrecks...rewards are such a giant pain to make! So I usually try and put something daft in to try and compensate...this is my nod to the g20 . As far as I know, the OG doesn't do anything, but there is an ATR file in sim city1. dat  (I think it's 0x49a59e37 - 0x01601900), but it might have been deemed a bit too graphic, or it could just have been like the other dozen or so atr files that aren't used in anything....   Oh, and btw, citybuilder234, the building looks like whatever I tell you it looks like.....
    • It doesn't even look like a convention center. Looks like a building at a community college or a state university.
    • Wow, what a fantastic building! I like the intricate shapes of this one, and the many different areas. There are so many details to take in that it really takes a while to grasp the entire structure. I also agree that there's not much going in in terms of conference centres, so this really fills a gap. Kudos for all the reward modding too - I know that part is pretty tedious und ungratifying work (unless you're some sick masochist ). What I also like is how well the lot complements the building, and it acomplishes that with so few and so simple means. Just a few default overlays and props, and we have a lot that leaves nothing to be desired. The one tiny suggestion I have is that all your recent buildings have had their names (and, in cases like this one, also their function) baked into the model. This is not bad generally because it allows a better visual appearance, but sometimes it limits flexibility a bit. The building in question could totally double as a modern city college, for example, or maybe even as a university (not all modern universities are sitting on a lush campus, after all!), but then there's the "Convention Center" lettering in front. I guess it can be covered with cleverly placed flora props... Fun fact: I never knew that there was an Occupant Group "burning dude maker" - what the...???