4 Screenshots

About This File

Description

This plugin provides you with a tree controller, that allows you to plant large forests consisting of trees mostly created by girafe. On lower altitudes, leafy trees are being planted, and the higher you go, eventually mixed forests, conifer forests, shrubby plains and meadows with flowers will appear instead. Aside from the conifer trees, all plants will be seasonal. As already announced, I've been aiming at creating a tree controller that

• basically does what its name says: it plants trees and only trees,
  • keeps filesize expansion moderate,
  • allows for seamless transitions between god-mode planted flora and MMP's
  • and uses high-quality HD flora.

NEW with version 1.02: This tree controller comes in two versions, one with evergreen trees, one with seasonally changing trees.

Please make sure to carefully read the installation instructions (see Readme) before just trying it, regarding which files that come with this plugin you need actually if you want to install the CETC properly.

Important note: Generally, tree controllers are not intercompatible and an attempt to install multiple tree controllers may cause unexpected behaviour of the game. In the worst case, you may never be able to load any city in a particular region again until you have corrected all mistakes. Unless you know exactly what you do, stick to these two rules when dealing with tree controllers:

Never install more than 1 tree controller at a time!

When switching to another tree controller, always remove any and all trees planted with your previous tree controller before uninstalling your old tree controller!

Available languages: Basically, the CETC adapts to any language, but the Readmes are available in English and German.

Discussion, Feedback, Bug reports: Please post them in this thread:

Dependencies

BSC – VIP Girafe Trees: A long row of trees (and flowers) made by girafe are required for this tree controller:

BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 02: Contains a few seasonally changing bushes that are part of this plugin as well.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790

Seasonal Flora Patch: If you don’t have a terrain mod or if your terrain mod doesn‘t support seasonally changing flora, you need this patch to make sure that the seasonal version of the CETC works properly (the evergreen version will work without the Seasonal Flora Patch).

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2612

Note: To my knowledge, the following terrain mods do not require installation of the Seasonal Flora Patch (please feel free to tell me if otherwise):

• Berner Oberland (Gobias)
  • Sudden Valley (Gobias)
  • Appalachian Terrain Mod (Lowkee)

Credits

• Girafe, CP for creating the trees used by the CETC in the first place – without their work, this tree controller would have never existed

What's New in Version 1.02a

Released

B ugfix: In-game descriptions fixed.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Fantastical, perfect, top notch, avant-garde, 15/5 stars! Sadly, I won't be able to use it until moving to a new region, but this is a must for every player that wants to make a realistic temperate region.

Oh, and BTW, @Jolteon, now is your move to put this wonder on the shoppe...

Share this comment

On 12/31/2016 at 10:35 PM, matias93 said:

Fantastical, perfect, top notch, avant-garde, 15/5 stars! Sadly, I won't be able to use it until moving to a new region, but this is a must for every player that wants to make a realistic temperate region.

Oh, and BTW, @Jolteon, now is your move to put this wonder on the shoppe...

on it

Share this comment

Help! I need assistance. I'm trying to use this new controller in my city and am running into some troubles, ..although it cou,d be something to do with terrain/Slope and Tunnel mods. But when i raise my ground in my city,..if it it raising a bit of terrain that has something build on it i get a CTD. is this caused by my recent installation of this controller?? ..or do i have some other problem? Anyones help would be grealy appreciated. The work that has gone into this game is incredible!..but im at a dead end at the moment =( 

Share this comment

3 hours ago, HORSEY said:

Help! I need assistance. I'm trying to use this new controller in my city and am running into some troubles, ..although it cou,d be something to do with terrain/Slope and Tunnel mods. But when i raise my ground in my city,..if it it raising a bit of terrain that has something build on it i get a CTD. is this caused by my recent installation of this controller?? ..or do i have some other problem? Anyones help would be grealy appreciated. The work that has gone into this game is incredible!..but im at a dead end at the moment =( 

It could be that you have more than one slope mod installed simultaneously, even if that should only produce overriding, not a conflict.

If not, then a possible cause is that you didn't remove all the trees. Sometimes, invisible trees get planted, and while you cannot see them, you can delete them (that's usually noticeable when the demolish tool offers you to bulldoze a 1x2 or 2x2 "empty" terrain). Why this didn't cause an instantaneous CTD? Because those trees weren't refeering to any model of the previous controller.

Using buggi extra cheats DLL, enter to the conflicting city tile, open the cheat dialog with Ctrl + X and with a right click on it, open the menu; look for FloraOff, select and enter. This will erase all trees AND MMPs on your city tile, visible or not. You shouldn't have more problems after that.

Share this comment

Ok thanks very much ill give this a try. =)  I havnt changed any exemplars for the height of the tummels so am sure it isnt anything to do with that. Back to trying to fix 

Fantastic work here on this game i must say. Revitalised my love for it tenfold =)

Share this comment

Ive got this cheat menu working now so thanks for that, but when i click on the menu over flora... it just puts it in a box in the window and doesnt turn the flora off. I dont think its the tress being the problem now. Something to do with Slope/terrain/tunnel 

Share this comment

Your controller wasnt the problem here. Works incredibly well. Dont even hesistate to download this. You will love it =)  

Share this comment

I've been trying to resolve a conflict on this, ( A small one be it) Seasonal elms pop on the mountains but it appears as a box, Any ideas on conflicts or missing dependencies? 

Share this comment

@HORSEY Please double-check if you have really installed all dependencies. If brown boxes appear on mountaineous areas, it's most likely one of girafe's flowers or the BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 02. See the description above for the links. However, the fact that the brown boxes are being labeled as elm trees reminds me that I've forgot to change the description keys:(. I'll upload a new version soon with proper descriptions, although that won't affect any function of the CETC.

Note to all users: I've added a link to the Central European Tree Controller - Development Thread to the description above. You may want to post further bug reports there.

Share this comment

Ok thanks very much for the info. Ill have a little root around in my plugins and see if i have those. This conflict with the tress also pops up on a couple of rural fire stations that i know has worked before, but now upon plopping it, the station is displayed as a one of those trees/brownbox. also pops the occasional seasonal ash aswel which is also a box. Great work as i say anyway, Wouldnt it be lovely to see the PEG Snow mod 2 working in conjunction with the weather mods, and seasonal trees!? Asking alot i know but i bet someone already thought of it... ;) 

Share this comment