• Moose

6 Screenshots

About This File

This is my entry for the Content Creation Competition. A 1x1 ploppable triangle lot for diagonal corner filling.

I got my inspiration from Prepo's Triangle Parks, but I wanted to do something different. Something more industrial and grimy. :)

This is a functional landmark with 14 I-M jobs. The pollution is low so this can used in the city centres.

I have made a custom foundation, so it can be used with slopes. This does not float on the air like Prepoäs lots. Also both Dark Night and Maxis Night versions are included. However it does not have nightlights. These seem not to be working with overhanging props and I don't know any workaround for that.

DEPENDENCIES:

None. (However if you use my Clerkenwell Library FAR version, you can delete file InvisibleLibrary-0x5ad0e817_0xc40b002e_0x30000.SC4Model This is a duplicate and the same file is used in both FAR Clerkenwell Library and Vic Shoppe Lots)

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/30/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
      Quay House, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by the art deco buildings around the Portsmouth, UK area, Quay House is a large (at least by the standards of the 1930s) eight story building in the functionalist style.
      The boxy building is broken up by complex massing and many terraces to allow air and sunlight to permeate the building, both of which were a very serious component of any good early 20th Century architecture. The main feature however is the off-centred granite clad staircase and lift riser with an oversized clock.

The lot comes in two flavours: a growable High-Wealth Commercial Office and a ploppable Clinic, which is found in the Health Menu and is comparable to the in-game hospital in terms of capacity and coverage radius. Both lots are 3x3.
      STATS CO§§§:
      Lot size :                   3x3
      Growth Stage:          4 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         §481
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§§ 565, CS§§§396
      Pollution:                  2 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  16 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   184 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Offices Building

STATS CLINIC:

Lot Size:                          3x3
      Occupant Groups:         Civic, Health, Strikeable Health, Hospital, Ambulance Maker
      Plop Cost:                       §1,850 
      Jobs:                               Jobs§24; Jobs§§60; Jobs§§§19
      Bulldoze Cost:               §100
      Power Consumption:   6 MWh
      Water Consumption:    22 Gal/month
      Pollution:                        3 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 1 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:           3/4/0
      Hospital Coverage Radius:                          784
      Hospital Population vs. Distance:              100 / 100
      Hospital Effectiveness vs. Average Age:  8 / 8
      Hospital Patient Capacity:                           2,900
      Hospital HQ Boost:                                       11.52
      Catalog Capacity/Catalog Monthly Cost:  2,900 / § 1,200
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod.

DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790
      A NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      Sadly, if there appears to be any parking used in the content picture as either part of, or adjacent to the custom content in question, it has now come to the ridiculous scenario of having to write a blurb about parking textures given yet more comments received form only one or two users (comments which incidentally are only made on my lots - I note that other active Batters use Maxis parking lots all the time and receive no negative comments, such is the double-standard). Please note that I will use whatever parking textures I feel like on my lots. If you want something else, then use the lot editor.
      Please also note, that this particular lot is only a 3x3 so what you see in the picture is a separate lot placed behind the building; you are therefore free to place your own parking lot or not (as the case may be).
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
    • By mattb325
      Modern Sound Barriers, by Mattb325.
      A set of nine sound barrier lots to grace your ground-level highways, heavy rail (etc): really, these can be placed anywhere you think noise from adjacent transport lots might be an issue for your long-suffering sims.
      While there are other noise barrier lots out there, I found that some were simply too big, some were too grungy, some didn't have diagonal options and there was a distinct lack of modern-looking barriers, so I made some to suit my own taste.
      These sound barriers are a modern concrete, steel and glass option.
      The lots have Orthogonal, Diagonal, Orthogonal to Diagonal and Left and Right Overhanging options.
      The Ortho->Diag options can be a bit fiddly to place, but you'll soon get the hang of it and to that end each lot has a custom icon to try and make the job a little easier (the standard ortho and diagonals simply have a grey line icon, while the more complex ones have a little picture as well). As a general rule, you should aim to place these lots with the curved glass top facing towards the noise (this has a cupping effect to dampen the noise beyond the wall).
      They are found in the parks menu - about half way down. Now, depending on your plugins folder they may not be sequential (i.e. other park lots might appear in between) but they will be very closely positioned to each other in the menu.
      As I made these for myself and designed them to be high-end, nice looking sound walls, they do have a park effect (and associated monthly cost), so if you are trying to keep your city looking grungy, don't use these.
      While some of you may think that this is very un-realistic, please be mindful that you would only see these sorts of walls bordering nicer residential/commercial/industrial areas in real life, so these lots are designed to stimulate medium to high wealth growth rather than simply being neutral...unfortunately this is the way the game works and to my mind, when modding something with an in-built desirability, it should come with an associated cost.
      All the lots have been made transparent (and do not suffer the water bug) so that they will blend in with your terrain.

STATS:
      Lot size :                1x1 - 1x2
      Plop Cost:              §40
      Occupant Groups: Medium Wealth Park; Civic
      Park Effect:            +15 over 15 tiles
      Landmark Effect:  +20 over 10 tiles
      Pollution:                 Air (-)2 over 2 tiles, Water 1 over 1 tiles, Garbage 0 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:  0 MwH
      Water consumed:  5 Gallons/Month
      Monthly Cost:         §5
      Bulldoze Cost:        §10

I've never seen a highway wall self illuminate, so there is only one model file: the day version.

DEPENDENCIES:
      This file does not require external dependencies.
      Thanks, and enjoy!
    • By mattb325
      Eddy Hall, Minnesota, by Mattb325.
      Inspired by a picture posted by a member of Simtropolis, the real Eddy Hall was constructed in 1886 as the Mechanic Arts Building for the University of Minnesota.
      The actual building is a simplified Queen Anne style executed in red-brick and red sandstone trim. The square tower which is slightly offset from the centre of the building dominates the frontage; it, together with the multi-gabled roof, large windows, patterned brick panels and wrough iron cresting make this a charming, eye catching building.
      This version is not a 100% accurate copy, but it is true to the language of the architectural style of the original building and this is simply one that I made for myself, but have decided to share with the community.
      The lot comes in two flavours: a growable Commercial Services (3x2 and 3x3...there is always an insatiable need for CS§§§ in game) and a ploppable College on a 4x4 lot, which is found in the Education Menu.
      STATS CS§§§:
      Lot size :                  3x2 & 3x3
      Growth Stage:         4 & 5 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         §610
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 975, CS§§ 246, CS§§§100
      Pollution:                  6 (Air)/ 4 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:   28 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    249 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Services Building

STATS COLLEGE:
      Lot size :                  4x4
      Growth Stage:         Ploppable; Plop Cost §1,650
      Bulldoze Cost:         §140
      Catalogue Capacity:  4,000
      Pollution:                  3 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 1 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Coverage Radius:     5,600
      EQ Boost:                  24
      Power Consumed:   6 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    23 Gal/Month
      Occupant Group:      Civic; Strikable Education; College
      Cost:                           §650
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC BAT Props - Mattb325 Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746)
      *BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
      *SHK_ParkingPack.dat (

Thanks, and enjoy!

• By mattb325
      City Data Center, by Mattb325.
      This is a fictional building, the idea for which was inspired by a BAT by Heblem "LBT Torre de Comunicaciones Telmex" available on CapitalSimCity.
      In real life data centers are used for many companies who either a) outsource their IT infrastructure or b) wish to house their IT infrastructure in a seperate location from their main offices due to either lack of space or for business continuity and disaster recovery purposes. 
      I made this little building for myself and have decided to share it. 
      It is representative of data centres that are often dotted within denser urban locations: its boxy, heavy set design with raise entry is meant to ensure it can withstand ram-raids and bomb attacks. This data centre will fit into a W2W environment, but also as a stand alone building.
      It is designed for a 2x2 PLOPPABLE ONLY lot - it really isn't something that you want springing up multiple times in a city - and provides relief from demand caps for Res and I-HT (in real life Hi-tech industry rarely houses its IT infrastructure within the factory walls that it occupies). 
      It is in the Landmarks menu and functions as ploppable IH-T industry.
      It provides 325 Hi Tech Jobs.

STATS:
      Lot size :                 2x2
      Plop Cost:               §12,810
      Occupant Groups: Hi Tech Industry
      Wealth:                    High Wealth
      Demand Created:  Jobs§§§: 325.
      Pollution:                 Air 8 over 6 tiles, Water 3 over 7 tiles, Garbage 4 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:  59 MwH
      Water consumed:   55 Gallons/Month
      Bulldoze Cost:        §815

This download contains TWO file types in two seperate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      This file does not require external dependencies.
      Thanks, and enjoy!
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: ITS Office Parks - CIS Center

Introduction
      Let's go bigger! CIS Center is a MEGAlot combining two individual Ill Tonkso releases: CIS Tower Manchester and CIS Tower 2 Manchester. Like their namesake, the two buildings have a similar design and theme which is why I thought they would look great as one massive plaza.

Package Overview
      CIS Center is an urban centric office park/plaza with a major tower and two smaller towers. The focal point is the marble-paved plaza facing the main tower directly, with tree lined pathways as well as several fountains. Tucked away to the sides are narrower pathways shaded by massive deciduous trees as well as the looming offices above. Finally, lost in the back is a small service parking lot. Most workers choose instead to park in large garages across the street instead.
      This package contains a growable and a ploppable (it "grows" too!). Both lots share the same stats. Do note that these lots are of considerable size and capacity, so you'll need to make sure to have adequate demand/power/water and to a lesser extent, police coverage.

General Stats (Growable and Ploppable)
      CIS Center
      Growth Stage: 7
      Lot Size: 8x13 (Front)
      Capacity: 7471 CO$$
      Power/Water: 123/1232
      Pollution at Center A/W/G/R: 24/24/12/0
      Plop Cost: $35,000

All buildings can grow on both Euro and Houston tileset. As always, basic BTE tracking is enabled.

Dependencies
      All credit goes to Ill Tonkso for these great buildings once again.

Main Buildings
      CIS Tower Manchester
      CIS Tower 2: New Century Hall Manchester

Textures/Prop Resources
      SHK Parking Pack
      BSC Textures Vol. 1
      BSC Textures Vol. 2
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1

Enjoy!

Mod Edit: Fixed dependency links.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• The appropriate words escape me - this is freaking brilliant!!! You've done some great stuff over the years Rivit (particularly from an Australian bias), but this tool is, well, exemplary. I've been away for some years and have missed a lot, but this one has been a significant highlight as I try to wrangle my old plugin folder into line (which, prior to running this, I thought was in pretty good shape...)
    • If you get Brown Boxes, dont install the HD File in the Mntoes Holt Farm Close Dependencie, you must use the Standard one!
    • Good work.  I was having a bit of fun with the complaints over dependencies that a lot of content creators get.  I already have all of them organized into a folder.  Maybe I should start a thread with a list of them so somebody could get them all organized and then download new files without repeat downloading.    It also is a good example of grungy and light industrial, it doesn't look overly polished.   The landscaping is very good too.  And its a IHT building which adds more realism to the high tech sector.  Thank you.   
    • @RandyE These are quite the most common dependencies, and this is actually nothing compared to my SeaPort Project and its upcoming expansion which will contain more than 40 different building dependencies including a lot from Mattb325 and these are the spec. dependencies. I like this building it was growing nicely last night in one of my cities.