• Moose
  1. nos.17

nos.17

2. CT14

CT14

• Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Simmer2
       1st Place  entry from Modular Complexes (S3-15-C)
       Custom Content 
      56  Rep
      26  Bonus Points
      54  TOTAL Points
      Challenge Results Data  |  Leaderboard Rankings
      [Download Content]
      Pipeline crossing a massive gorge with rail network under the bridge!
    • By Simmer2
      Ever since I started downloading new content I always wondered if there was a complete set of pipes to use when designing a realistic city map and always fell short on finding one, well no more, because this is, as far as I now, the most complete set of surface pipes in SC4 ever.
      With a total of 36 pieces, this set, was made to satisfy even the most demanding of players. Bridges over rails, roads, streets, avenues, highways, ravines and even rivers as wide as 6 tiles. Curves, diagonals, pump houses, in ground, valves and  elevation transitions, making this the perfect set for all your projects.
      All bridges are overhanging therefore you can have any network you wish, run under them with no issues at all. I call them SM2 Aqueduct (Water pipes) they are 2 meters in diameter with no markings, therefore you can use them for whatever industry you like, natural gas, water, oil etc. making them very flexible.
      All 36 pieces were carefully made to match, they are also super MMP friendly and have no base textures. Only one piece will show the dreaded water bug and that is the one with a single rail overlay piece. Just click on the zone button on and off and it will go away. The rest of the pieces are "water bug free"
      Only one piece will require electricity, the rail piece. The rest are neutral lots with a slight park effect. I also made an MML lot however as you already know MML's have that annoying issue of having to pluck lots off the lineup every time you plop it thus making multiple plops a tedious affair. You will have the choice to use it or not.
      Alternatively you could make a DAMN menu and resolve the issue once and for all.
      No cost to plop, bulldoze or maintain, easy on the wallet, easy on the eye. You will find all lots in the park menu and the MML, if you wish to use it, will be in the landmark menu.
      I made the MML as a separate download, if you are going to use it, please place the file in your plugin's root.
      Usage.
      Make sure you flatten the pipe path for perfect connections. The river/land spans lots are based on the 15 meter rule (height) that means that if you start at sea level you can go up to any elevation but in 15 meters increments. The land bridges work best on flat surface.
      The river pylons can be placed on water deeper than 15 meters but no less than.
      So if you place a river or land span your must plop the bridge on a 15 meter elevation in order to have a seamless pylon to bridge connection.
      The possible combinations you can achieve are enormous, your imagination is your limit!
      Please refer to the included pics for more details. For even more pics, please browse my thread at this link http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.620
      NO DEPENDENCIES!
      Simmer2
      PS. the rail piece is also compatible with vanilla Maxis rails.

• By Simmer2
      Before voting, we recommend you download and try out this item of content:
      [Download Here] 
      Pipeline crossing a massive gorge with rail network under the bridge!
    • By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      I made this statue of myself in Milkshape 3D. here it is:

I really want to import it into Simcity 4 so i can put it in the center of my capital city. how would i do that though? is there a way to export from milkshape 3d into simcity 4?
      i remember reading that you have to use a program called gmax, but i couldn't get it to work on my computer because i didnt know how to register it. 
      is there any way for me to import this into simcity 4? any advice would be appreciated.

also, here's the polycount for the model: 

please help <3 
    • By Kliekie
      Hey there!
      I have some great ideas for new projects, based on a real life buildings. But they are all much bigger than the allowed grid size. Max tile size is around 12x13 while these buildings need at least 20x20. Have any of you made huge buildings like these? How did you do it? You scale it down? You just go bigger and place no props there? Please tell me your experiences.
      Best regards,
      Kliekie
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Although my reply is 2,712 days late, I have found the answer. The necessary image file is already in the mod. The problem occurs because the 27th IID is the same as the 26th one. Both show 0x0ad50320. The 27th one needs to be changed to 0x0ad50310 which can be done with the TGI Editior in iLive - Reader 0.9.3. For more details, see my post here.
    • The front of it is pretty much identical to "Cooley Law Stadium" (what Oldsmobile/Lugnuts Stadium is called these days) in Lansing, MI
    • Attention here, folks!!! The Seaview Apartments model in this download has the same IID as the Cast Iron Lofts model from Don Miguel! So it won't grow the way it should!
    • I know it's sized 2x1, but what kind of residential do I need to zone for this to grow? Light, medium, or high density? Or does it not matter? Anyone who can answer I appreciate it.
    • Love your work, but since a handful of files now from different users require offsite files that link to dead links I wish it was a rule here that all dependencies should be on site somehow. Thanks for the reup of the files...