• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

Here I present my Sahara terrain mod. This mod (I personally think) is unfinished due to lack of work and textures, but I decided to upload it because I'm unsure If I'd ever complete it and I hope someone may make use of it.

This mod replaces your terrain with soft sandy textures representing a vast dry desert, dunes poking out of the summer haze. 

This mod has no dependencies, and contains 2 of my other mods, the Sphinx Rock Mod, and the White Gravel Beach Mod. These 2 dat. files are optional. All other files included in the download are required in order for the soft sand heated by endless summer suns to appear.

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See Changelog

Released

File should have included rock and beach textures, now it does.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/28/2017

We're getting close with our April goal - please help us over the final bump! Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By rsc204
      Intro
      The SAM (Street Addon Mod - NAM) is one of those indispensable mods, adding a wealth of variety to street networks. But SAM 6 however was a little too bright for my tastes, so I've darkened it to reduce it's visual impact. This is one of those little things I often tinker with, I figured some others may find a use for it too.

On the way I've added optional support for the following:
      Full EU Textures. Additional crossing support for both PEG205 and RealRailway (RRW) crossings. Modified many avenue and rail pieces to add grass to better blend in with your game. Install
      First, note if you are updating from v1 of this mod, you need to remove that manually. Find the folder z____MGB Darkened SAM-6 Mod (assuming you used the default setup) and simply remove it.
      Run the included .exe Installer, built with NSIS. It will allow you to choose from a number of options and then install the files you need, simples!
      If you don't like installers or are a Mac/Linux user, the option is there to open the archive with 7zip or similar. However it may be tricky to find the right options, not a lot I can do about that sorry.

By default this mod will install to the directory z____MGB Mods/Q - SAM6 Darkened. I highly recommend you DO NOT change this. It's been smartly designed to integrate with many other mods if left alone.
      Users of the RRW Reskin will want to manually delete the rail textures after install file (SAM 6 Darkened Rail - RRW.dat) or overwrite it with the equivalent from RUM for RRW. (note this is not yet in place at the time of writing).
      Please read the included readme, as always it contains important information. As for all my mods, after installation, you can find it in:
      My Documents\SimCity 4\LEX_Downloads\MGB Mods
      This is to avoid clutter in your plugins folder
      Dependencies
      Network Addon Mod (NAM) with the Street Addon Mod (SAM), specifically SAM 6 selected.
      Support
      Having problems or Got comments? Then please visit my support/development thread on Simtropolis:

• By Urban_Shadow
      Hi there, I looking for some tutorials on how to get started with this, I don't have any exp. on moding but I would like to start with simple goal mind, creating a new, functional building.
      I've been looking around and there are some tutorials but they are too confusing for me since I don't know where to start, and so, I though about a simple guideline of what I want to do.
      If I want to add a new building I should:
      1.- Learn how to make a building, what tools do I need, how do I use them, can I import a model from other progams like photoshop or a 3D modeling program?
      2.- Learn how to add it to the game, without replacing an existing one and place it in the correct tab.
      3.- Adding stats to it, I don't want it to be free, I want it to have a cost, a monthly fee, demo cost and if possible, fundings.
      4.- Giving it properties so they have an effect other than just be there, that means produce energy, clean pollution, increase coverage, raise or lower land value, provide housing, business and/or jobs, etc.
      5.- Make it an unlocklable so it's not avaible from the start until certain requirements are met like date, population, ratings, etc.
      My goal is to expand my gameplay and knowlage, I know there are tons of mods out there, but I would like to do it myself and create my own things.
      So there, any help would be great, thanks.
      PD: I want to try using my own stuff and not others, thanks again.
    • By NICK97
      Mod Requirement(s):: Cities XXL Community Patch Mod XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack Game Requirement(s):: Cities XL 2011 Cities XL 2012 Cities XL Platinum Cities XXL  
      Note: This Mod makes game money income easy Only In The Game
    • By chaosdarkclown
      Do any of you know what causes this? Certain mods? Buggy Sc4 files?
      Had this problem for months
      I have no idea, ide be so grateful for any help or info
      Thanks 

• By RandyE
      These textures are freely useable and distributable for any SC4 user created content, if they are used in lot-making it is better to refer to them as a dependency and link back to this file to keep file space on the STEX free of mulitiple repeated content.  The texture data file is located in the FOLDER: Elements Textures DAT, 3 sample lots are in the FOLDER: Elements Sample Lots, and 1 7x8 test lot showing all 55 textures  is now included in the FOLDER:  Test Lot 7x8 Park. Also included are the 2 previews showing all the textures and this text in readme.txt and HTML.
      The texture '.dat' file size is 498K with 55 textures.  This volume is called 'Elements', including diagonal, broken, patterned and squared stone, dirt, grass, metal, pavement, sand, water and wood.  Also included are 3 sample lots found in the Parks Menu, each have been made functional for radical purposes of helping with start-up cash, reducing pollution and garbage, and recovery from nuclear meltdown.
      DAT FILE INCLUDED:
      FOLDER: Elements Textures DAT
      FILE: SC4_BaseTextures_Vol01_1_Elements.dat
      FOLDER: Test Lot 7x8 Park
      FILE: A0A_Base_Textures_Vol01_Elements_55_Test.SC4Lot
      This is one lot with all 55 textures in a 7x8 grid.  This lot may be used to preview the textures in-game, then delete. 
      FOLDER: Elements Sample Lots
      ---------------------------------------------
      1.) Subfolder: Patterned Grass (Anti Pollution)
      Menu description: Base Textures Elements (Anti-Pollution)
      Vol. 1: Grass Texture.  This lot is a sample which also provides some radical relief from pollution and garbage.
      Vol. 1: Elements, Use this lot as a registration mark for color and contrast.   In RGB, Red (255,0,0), Green (0, 255, 0), Blue (0, 0, 255), and Gray 50% (127, 127, 127).  This lot will radically decrease radiation.  Use this lot in the event of a nuclear power plant meltdown.  When you plop this lot you will see the Maxis 'Sparkles of Purification'.
      Vol. 1: Elements. 55 Textures: Stone, Dirt, Grass, Metal, Pavement, Sand, Water, Wood.   Use Lot Editor to see all the textures. This lot will radically increase your income by 50,000 Simoleons a month,  Use this lot to help get your city started, then bulldoze it.   When you plop this lot it will appear as a 'Business Deal' in your budget panel.

The texture images are derivatives of images from a variety of commonly, freely shared sources, hand re-worked for use with SC4.  The design of the textures leans toward lower contrast, saturation and brightness as more usual in realism, and for dimmer screens.  
      If using them for creating and distributing SC4 lots the '.FSH' file may be extracted and included as a '.DAT', but don't re-distribute changed associations between the image and the ID (instance) as that could impact another user of the file.  No crediting is required, but no claim of original artwork should be made if redistributing them with SC4 lots.
      The Texture ID Range was assigned by the BSC Texture Index at SC4 Devotion.  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2101.0  To redistribute variations of the textures or to make your own, request and use a unique personal Texture ID Range at SC4D.
      ---/---
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments