• Moose

Maxis Highway Override - Concrete Retexture by Bipin, MGB & Samerton 2.0.0

(5.00)    (8 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Maxis Highway Override - Concrete Retexture
by @Bipin, @rsc204 and @Samerton

Information
- This mod will replace the textures for the Maxis Highway Override network included in the Network Addon Mod to a concrete texture.

Installation

- To install this mod, paste the folder entitled "z____Concrete_MHO" directly into your plugins folder.
- If you are installing the mod into a custom folder within your plugins, ensure it loads after the Maxis Highway Override itself.

- Four optional files are included, please remove any that aren't needed:

- z_BTM_Patch.dat
    For users of the Shinkansen (BTM) mod included in the NAM

- z_Moonlinght_Alternate_ELR_Patch.dat
    For users of the Alternate El-Rail mod included in the NAM

- z_RRW_Patch.dat
    For users of RealRailWay from the NAM

- z_JapNAMFL_Overpasses_Patch.dat
    For users of the Japanese NAM Facelift Mods Overpasses. Ensure this loads after the Japanese NAM Facelift mod itself.

Including these files without having the corresponding mods installed may cause issues.

- To uninstall this mod, simply remove the folder containing the mod (by default "z___Concrete_MHO") from your plugins folder.

Dependencies
- Network Addon Mod with Maxis Highway Override installed

Special Thanks

- Thanks to @MandelSoft for providing the model files for the Maxis Highway Override tunnel entrances

- A huge thanks goes to @rsc204 for the new version 2.0 models and fixes - check out other projects by rsc204 here

Support
- If you're experiencing an issue with the mod, you can find the support thead here: 

http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/59701-samertons-retextures-development-and-support/

Textures created by @Bipin and Samerton - check out other projects by Bipin here

Modded by @Samerton

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See Changelog

Released

Credit for this update goes to @rsc204, huge thanks to him!

- Update models for NAM 35

- Update MHO tunnel model textures

- Fix a couple of outdated model textures

- Include support for the BTM, RRW and alternate El-Rail implementation within the NAM, as well as the Japan overpasses mod

User Feedback

To those saying it needs to be integrated with the NAM, have you really thought about why? If NAM included every texture mod under the sun, that wouldn't make it better. It not only inflates the size of the NAM package, but gives the team more things that need maintaining. As Tarkus pointed out recently, we're inclined to moving in the other direction right now.

Such texture mods IMO, are much better kept out of the NAMNAM integration would not improve this mod in anyway, it merely changes the method of distribution.

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
      Modern Sound Barriers, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      A set of nine sound barrier lots to grace your ground-level highways, heavy rail (etc): really, these can be placed anywhere you think noise from adjacent transport lots might be an issue for your long-suffering sims.
      While there are other noise barrier lots out there, I found that some were simply too big, some were too grungy, some didn't have diagonal options and there was a distinct lack of modern-looking barriers, so I made some to suit my own taste.
      These sound barriers are a modern concrete, steel and glass option.
      The lots have Orthogonal, Diagonal, Orthogonal to Diagonal and Left and Right Overhanging options.
      The Ortho->Diag options can be a bit fiddly to place, but you'll soon get the hang of it and to that end each lot has a custom icon to try and make the job a little easier (the standard ortho and diagonals simply have a grey line icon, while the more complex ones have a little picture as well). As a general rule, you should aim to place these lots with the curved glass top facing towards the noise (this has a cupping effect to dampen the noise beyond the wall).
      They are found in the parks menu - about half way down. Now, depending on your plugins folder they may not be sequential (i.e. other park lots might appear in between) but they will be very closely positioned to each other in the menu.
      As I made these for myself and designed them to be high-end, nice looking sound walls, they do have a park effect (and associated monthly cost), so if you are trying to keep your city looking grungy, don't use these.
      While some of you may think that this is very un-realistic, please be mindful that you would only see these sorts of walls bordering nicer residential/commercial/industrial areas in real life, so these lots are designed to stimulate medium to high wealth growth rather than simply being neutral...unfortunately this is the way the game works and to my mind, when modding something with an in-built desirability, it should come with an associated cost.
      All the lots have been made transparent (and do not suffer the water bug) so that they will blend in with your terrain.

STATS:
      Lot size :                1x1 - 1x2
      Plop Cost:              §40
      Occupant Groups: Medium Wealth Park; Civic
      Park Effect:            +15 over 15 tiles
      Landmark Effect:  +20 over 10 tiles
      Pollution:                 Air (-)2 over 2 tiles, Water 1 over 1 tiles, Garbage 0 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:  0 MwH
      Water consumed:  5 Gallons/Month
      Monthly Cost:         §5
      Bulldoze Cost:        §10
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

I've never seen a highway wall self illuminate, so there is only one model file: the day version.

DEPENDENCIES:
      This file does not require external dependencies.
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks, and enjoy!
    • By paeng
      These Mods - one for sidewalks and one for base textures - will replace a number of default textures with new custom textures designed mainly for rural villages, towns, suburbs and small cities. Basically it is meant to freshen up all those places using a lot of the default sandstone or an overdose of 'white' and 'pink' faux marble - mainly sidewalks, plazas, fillers and to some extent also the bases below buildings.

The default sidewalk textures will be replaced with a new texture set for high, medium and low wealth/density.

All base textures and overlays related to the Maxis default sidewalks (Pink, White and Grey) as well as the default Sandstone can be changed to the new Medium Wealth (key) texture with this mod. The Dirt Sidewalks along agricultural developments change to a new texture more related in color as well.

Installation
      The default (and recommended) scenario will install the 'Sidewalk_Mod' with all-wealth-dependent sidewalks (high, medium and low wealth/density) and the 'Base_Overlay_Mod' with all the new base and overlay textures.

The unpacked Mod resides in the folder 'zzz_PaengTextureMod' to ensure that it loads last. Keep it in the root (1st level) of your Plugins, don't put it into any subfolder.

Developer Notes
      Control Freak Options
      Both parts of this mod can be configured and customized in numerous ways. The included ReadMe has a highly detailed section for all who'd like to get into it. For all who'd like to 'Read Before Download' first, there is an Online Version Available.

Extras
      A 'Texture Pack' provides all the new textures and can be used for any individual lotting projects.

Recommendation
      If you want to expand on this mod and its textures, check the work of AtmoGuy, e.g. his highly compatible Mod to Replace Textures on RTMT Stops.

The following animation (give some time to load) shows the 'evolution' from defaults to 'old' sandstone to new textures.
      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5012419/niteowl/texani01.gif

Support
      If you have any problems, questions or suggestions come over to the Sandstone Texture Mod Support Thread and join the discussion.

Credits
      Textures & Modding - Paeng

Special Thanks! to the NiteOwl Murimk for brainstorming, testing, moral support :-) and a big help on logistics... Same to everybody else who joined the fracas at some point in the SimPeg forums!

Mod edit 7th May 2017 - Fixed formatting
    • By canadiansim
      Hi everyone, 
      Long time player of SC4 (since launch!) and Simtropolis member. I've never had much trouble with installing custom content before, until recently I realized that Catalysts T21 Guardrails for NAM are unzipped and in my plugins folder but don't show up in any menus (or in the plop cheat dropdown menu) while I'm playing. I had the files in their own folder and then tried them in folders such as the ZZ NAM folder but no luck. No idea where to put it or what the files are doing when I boot Sim City. I'm running the most recent NAM and Windows 10.
      This problem is also happening with the NY Teams AABT Hells Kitchen Packs 1 & 2. The third pack works fine but the other two don't which I don't understand. Tried putting the files all together in the same folder but still the buildings in packs 1 & 2 won't show up in any menus, including the cheat menu.

ALSO! Does anyone know of a mod to make NAM highway pieces have grass/texture below them on sweeping curves and highway entrances and exits? I've seen it around in some CJ pictures throughout the years but I don't know where to look. I can find some pics if this write up was a little too confusing. 
      Thanks!
    • By manueld832
      So I started building RHW(new to RHW btw) to reduce regional traffic then I notice that the trucks are constantly changing lanes or doing a zigzag movement........please help!!! 
      Here's a photo https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gij4k6il26idqj/20170329_232144.jpg?dl=0
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• In case you're interested this is what I've got after extracting and installing the appropriate files.  Really no difference at all compared to when I first wrote you.
    • Do you know whether or not this file is compatible with SC4 on Steam?  I extracted the .7Z file and installed the files and I've still got nothing but a big blank lot.
    • Ahh, gotcha.  I'm using a Mac.  So the .7z file needs to be extracted.  That part I wasn't aware of, I just loaded the 7z file into my plugins folder.  I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!
    • Thought you might know it, but it was worth a shot. Ah yes, those real-estate photos - I had, in fact, seen an article about that blog somewhere and nearly forgotten about it afterwards, but then my sister gave me a tear-off calendar for Christmas: every day a horrible picture and a great one-liner. I love that stuff.
    • @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.