• Moose

Maxis Highway Override - Concrete Retexture by Bipin, MGB & Samerton 2.0.0

(5.00)    (8 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Maxis Highway Override - Concrete Retexture
by @Bipin, @rsc204 and @Samerton

Information
- This mod will replace the textures for the Maxis Highway Override network included in the Network Addon Mod to a concrete texture.

Installation

- To install this mod, paste the folder entitled "z____Concrete_MHO" directly into your plugins folder.
- If you are installing the mod into a custom folder within your plugins, ensure it loads after the Maxis Highway Override itself.

- Four optional files are included, please remove any that aren't needed:

- z_BTM_Patch.dat
    For users of the Shinkansen (BTM) mod included in the NAM

- z_Moonlinght_Alternate_ELR_Patch.dat
    For users of the Alternate El-Rail mod included in the NAM

- z_RRW_Patch.dat
    For users of RealRailWay from the NAM

- z_JapNAMFL_Overpasses_Patch.dat
    For users of the Japanese NAM Facelift Mods Overpasses. Ensure this loads after the Japanese NAM Facelift mod itself.

Including these files without having the corresponding mods installed may cause issues.

- To uninstall this mod, simply remove the folder containing the mod (by default "z___Concrete_MHO") from your plugins folder.

Dependencies
- Network Addon Mod with Maxis Highway Override installed

Special Thanks

- Thanks to @MandelSoft for providing the model files for the Maxis Highway Override tunnel entrances

- A huge thanks goes to @rsc204 for the new version 2.0 models and fixes - check out other projects by rsc204 here

Support
- If you're experiencing an issue with the mod, you can find the support thead here: 

http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/59701-samertons-retextures-development-and-support/

Textures created by @Bipin and Samerton - check out other projects by Bipin here

Modded by @Samerton

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See Changelog

Released

Credit for this update goes to @rsc204, huge thanks to him!

- Update models for NAM 35

- Update MHO tunnel model textures

- Fix a couple of outdated model textures

- Include support for the BTM, RRW and alternate El-Rail implementation within the NAM, as well as the Japan overpasses mod

15 people like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Thin White Duke

7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

This needs to be included in NAM 36.

7 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
APSMS

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I'm still not sold on concrete shoulders (all the freeways are concrete where I am and none have a concrete shoulder) , but I am still solidly impressed with the effort and detail.

Theres a bit of tiling from further zooms, I notice, but still grade A work. Thanks! 

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
AsimPika3172

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Nice highway in MHO white version! :thumb: Time for enjoy it!

Share this review

Link to review
Takingyouthere

Wow this mod looks fantastic in an urban environment. 

Share this review

Link to review
_marsh_

Love it!

Share this review

Link to review
MisterBlueStar4

Needs to be in NAM 36

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
sucram17

well this is some piece of work:lol: Well done fellows, and thanks for sharing. Next might finally be a similar road mod.

5/5

Share this review

Link to review
rsc204

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Well, well, well... you did it! Congrats to both Samerton and BiPin for getting this to a point of release. I know this one has been floating around for a while. Not only that though, but you've comprehensively ensured every MHO piece is covered.

It's a shame that a full RHW override would be so much work, the number of textures is staggering. Because I think this style would look great everywhere. Nonetheless, this is a excellent cosmetic mod that I can highly recommend.

If there was one tiny addition I'd like to see... what about an EU variant, basically without the Yellow lines?

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By canadiansim
      Hi everyone, 
      Long time player of SC4 (since launch!) and Simtropolis member. I've never had much trouble with installing custom content before, until recently I realized that Catalysts T21 Guardrails for NAM are unzipped and in my plugins folder but don't show up in any menus (or in the plop cheat dropdown menu) while I'm playing. I had the files in their own folder and then tried them in folders such as the ZZ NAM folder but no luck. No idea where to put it or what the files are doing when I boot Sim City. I'm running the most recent NAM and Windows 10.
      This problem is also happening with the NY Teams AABT Hells Kitchen Packs 1 & 2. The third pack works fine but the other two don't which I don't understand. Tried putting the files all together in the same folder but still the buildings in packs 1 & 2 won't show up in any menus, including the cheat menu.

ALSO! Does anyone know of a mod to make NAM highway pieces have grass/texture below them on sweeping curves and highway entrances and exits? I've seen it around in some CJ pictures throughout the years but I don't know where to look. I can find some pics if this write up was a little too confusing. 
      Thanks!
    • By manueld832
      So I started building RHW(new to RHW btw) to reduce regional traffic then I notice that the trucks are constantly changing lanes or doing a zigzag movement........please help!!! 
      Here's a photo https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gij4k6il26idqj/20170329_232144.jpg?dl=0
    • By Stellaris88

How do i solve traffic Problems in cities skylines? Such as massive traffic jams on the higwhay exit?
    • By MisterBlueStar4
      I came across some highway signs by Spencer and it seems that it has very few downloads and I would like to promote this guy.NOTICE:I'm not trying to boost my popularity by doing this
      http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881030413&searchtext=Highway

• By jpdepress
      Hello best community on this planet!

Few days ago I was watching videos on YT, then I saw creativeDEX. He impressed me so much! I took his idea of highway reconstruction/works and I decided I make it functional if it would be possible. This version seems best what I tried.
      Hope you enjoy guys and let me know, what you think!
      (sorry for my English if I did mistake)
      UPDATED VERSION with two lanes on each direction:
      Version with one lane on each direction:

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments