We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return. Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well! Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Hello, I'm unsure of where to post this, so I'll try here. I made a region using.png height map and a config (proportions are correct (64xregionsize+1)) but my region isn't rendering. I created a new folder in the SimCity 4 regions folder. I put in the config and the .png when I went to the region, I pressed Contr+Alt+Shift+R, like you would, then I navigated the menu and attempted to load the png, from there the dialogue closed and it left me with an empty region, with no signs of anything happening. I've used downloaded regions before without any real issue, but now I'm not even getting the 'rendering' pop up, what's going on?
By Lee Towers
Hey all! I've been following this forum for a while now and all your amazing creations inspired me to start building assets myself. The first building is almost finished - a 3 track train station, as seen below (props for the person to recognise the station it's based on). I still have a few problems with it though, so bear with me:
1. The game is creating floors inside the building on its own. There's not even a vertex with the same z-coordinate where it's creating an xy plane inside the building. Is this something that's generated on purpose by the game? The floors are assigned the same textures as the roof of the building. They can be seen through the windows and are positioned about halfway behind the windows.
2. My sims are not using the third platform. I'm using the single station track with a platform on the left side of the track (relative to the direction it was laid). I thought it had to do with the pedestrian connections that I've laid down, but they are using the second platform which is accessed by the same pedestrian connection.
3. Speaking of pedestrian connections... I'd much prefer a rendered underground tunnel to the half-assed building I have there now but the game isn't letting me (it pushes the whole model upwards). How do I go about doing that? I know Joak uses them in his train stations, how did he do that?
Any help regarding one of these questions would me much appreciated! Feedback on the model is also welcome by the way... it's my first time using blender and gimp. The textures aren't final either (mainly the roof and supports need work) but I've yet to learn how to use bump maps.
Dies ist eine Karte von Travemünde, ein Stadtteil der Hansestadt Lübeck, sowie einem Teil der Lübecker Bucht, Größe 16x16km. Travemünde mit seinem großen Fährhafen verbindet Deutschland und ganz Mitteleuropa mit allen Ländern rund um die Ostsee. Von hier fuhr die legendäre Finnjet, ehedem größte Fähre der Welt, in 24 Stunden nach Helsinki. Travemündes Altstadt wurde aufwendig restauriert, und die gesamte Stadt entwickelt zu einem der wichtigsten Touristenmetropole Deutschlands. So finden sich in der Nähe weitere weitere von Sonne Strand und Meer geprägte Urlaubsorte, darüberhinaus jedoch auch raue Steilküsten und Natur, die zum Spazieren einlädt. Daneben ist di Region eher landwirtschaftlich geprägt. Wer hier wohnt lebt und arbeitet wo andere Urlaub machen. Den Höhepunkt bildet die Travemünder Woche im Sommer mit Volksfestcharakter.
So, genug geredet. Jetzt ist es an dir herauszufinden, was in dieser Region steckt. Dabei wünsche ich viel Erfolg. In eigener Sache betreibe ich eine kleine aber internationale facebook-Gruppe für Simulationsspiele aller Art, insbesondere natürlich SimCity 4, die SimCity4 AG, schau doch mal vorbei, oder mach gleich mit.
Installation: SC4-Mapper ist ausdrücklich NICHT zu empfehlen, sondern:
1. SimCity 4 starten, neue Region erstellen, Wasser auswählen und benennen, zB: Travemünde
2. SimCity 4 beenden, den SimCity-Regionsordner öffnen (bei mir: C:\Users\Nick Bauer\Documents\SimCity 4\Regions), und mit der geladenen config.bmp die vorhandene ersetzen
3. SimCity 4 erneut starten, neue Region auswählen, Strg+Alt+Umschalten+R zusammen drücken, in kleinen Fenster oben links die geladene "travemuende.4.0.bmp" suchen (bei mir meist im Download-Ordner: C:\Users\Nick Bauer\Downloads)
4. Hat alles geklappt wird die Region erzeugt, das dauert etwa 10-15 Minuten, vielleicht mit einem Kaffee o.ä. überbrücken
5. Sobald die neue Region angezeigt wird kann es losgehen
6. Bei Problemen wende dich an die o.g. Gruppe oder an mich persönlich: Nick Bauer
Ich freue mich über Kommentare und höchstmögliche Bewertungen.
This is a map of Travemünde, a district of the hanseatic city Lübeck, as well a part of the bay of Lübeck, size 16x16km. Travemünde with its large ferry port connects Germany and all central Europe with all countries around the Baltic Sea. From here, the legendary Finnjet, formerly the world's largest ferry, drove to Helsinki in 24 hours. Travemünde's old town was extensively restored, and the entire city is developing into one of the most important tourist metropolis in Germany. There are also other holiday resorts nereby, which are characterized by sunny beach and sea, but also rough cliffs and nature, which invites you to take a walk. In addition, the region is rather agricultural. Who lives here lives and works where other people go on holidays. The highlight is the Travemünder Woche in the summer with folk festival character.
So, enough talk. Now it's up to you to figure out what's in this region. I wish you every success. On my own behalf, I run a small but international facebook group for simulation games of all kinds, especially SimCity 4, the SimCity4 AG, have a look, or join in.
Installation: SC4-Mapper is NOT recommended, but:
1. Start SimCity 4, create and name a new region, eg Travemünde
2. Exit SimCity 4, open the SimCity region folder (for me: C:\Users\Nickbauer\Documents\SimCity 4\Regions), and replace the existing config.bmp with the loaded one
3. Restart SimCity 4, select the new region, press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R, find the "travemuende.4.0.bmp" in the small window at the top left: (for me: C:\Users\Nick Bauer\Downloads)
4. If everything has worked out the region generates, which takes about 10-15 minutes, maybe with a cup of coffee
5. Once the new region is displayed, it can start
6. If you have any problems, please contact the group above or myself: Nick Bauer
Please feel free to commend and rate high.
Newest STEX Uploads
Recent STEX Reviews
Recent STEX Comments
Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)