• Moose

North America 1.0.0

(5.00)    (1 Review)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

9 Screenshots

About This File

Map of North America.

I have spent the last week trying to add rivers but end up raising the land level after every render, see the last screen shot. I have tried a few different things with no success, if anyone out there has an idea, please let me know.

XxArturoJuliboxX likes this

User Feedback

Your map looks great! Perhaps you need to make it bigger for rivers. This map is like 60% bigger than yours and does have rivers.

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/22/2017

In order to conserve resources, we've disabled the global chatbar at the bottom of the site. Instead, the Chat can be accessed by clicking the top navigation tab. It will launch a new window. If you're not seeing this behavior, try clearing your browser's cache.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Diego Del Llano
      The Pemex Executive Tower (Spanish: Torre Ejecutiva Pemex) is a skyscraper in Mexico City. The 214 meter (211 meters to top floor) international style tower was built between 1976 and 1982. Since the building's opening, it has been occupied by state-owned Pemex, one of the largest petroleum companies in the world.
      The Torre Ejecutiva Pemex originally proposed to replace two 14-story towers built between 1967 and 1970. Later, these buildings were replaced by a pair of 26-story towers to house Pemex's administrative offices. However, the 1980s oil boom demanded office space growth and Pemex decided to build a single 52-story tower in a downtown lot with a huge plaza covering an underground avenue. The building is anchored to the ground, rests on 164 concrete and steel piles that penetrate to a depth of 35 meters surpassing the old filling swampy lake to reach firmer ground. In addition, its x-braced structure features 90 shock-absorbers to minimize oscillations from earthquakes. The tower was completed in 1982, but the surrounding plaza was never completed.
      The Torre Ejecutiva Pemex remained the tallest building in Mexico for almost 20 years,[1] until August 2003, when the 55-story Torre Mayor was completed only half a mile away. Currently, the Torre Pemex is the third tallest building in Mexico, and the second tallest in Mexico City. The tower is currently occupied by approximately 7,000 Pemex employees.
      On 19 September 1985, the tower withstood a magnitude 8.1 earthquake, as well as other strong earthquakes that commonly strike Mexico City. The building was designed to withstand an earthquake of 8.5 on the Richter scale.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 5,000 CO$$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins
    • By Martin892
      Hi all,
      Some new life on the sc3k forum reminds me of this question I have for years.
      Playing sc3k always made me end up building highrises on the map edges. Might there be an opportunity modding the game such that the maximum map size increases? Eg 4 fold or 9 fold. This would allow creating larger metropolises in sc3k.
    • By pcwhiz24
      Welcome back! (WL is short for Woodland)
      Click on the images for full screen (most are in 1920x1080)
      Another beautiful morning! Ahh, lovin' those gravel roads...
      After much saving up, we finally build Woodland's first ever Fire Station!
      Although it's not a Maxis Station, it is $150/month (cheaper than the $250 from a large station!) and has three fire trucks, instead of two!
      Today is a special day for this town...
      It's time to finally PAVE the roads! After much traffic problems, I think it's time we......(I turn my head looking West)
      What the? You see the smoke out in the distance? It's coming from River town! (Just as I said that the phone rang)
      *Phone rings*
      *Picks up phone*
      Me: This is Mayor Whiz, how may I help you?
      Caller: It's Paul, (the chief of police in WL River Town) We're burnin' down!!!
      Me: What?
      Caller: Our town's about to go up in flames! We got a huge forest fire out there!
      Me: I'll help! I just built a fire station! *Phone connection lost*
      I drive over to the fire station in a panic..
      Me: Big fire at River City!!! Come on let's go!!!
      I hitch a ride on a fire truck and we head west to WL River City
      (Yes, we finally built an actual neighbor connection, no more 1 hour hikes!)
      We make it to WL River City and see smoke with large flames out in the distance:
      Mathew: You got firefighters?!?! Thank god! We're about to burn up, I got the town evacuated, they're at Pleasantville for now! Look at that massive wall of flames coming our way!
      On a hot summer afternoon, lies the arduous task of putting out a town-threatening fire. The fire apparently started from a lightning strike and due to wind direction suddenly shifting, it became a massive "wall" of flames that walked towards the town. It finally got as close as the rail road, which thankfully stopped the fire from spreading any further. However, the houses and train stations could go up in flames if any cinders hit them and turn the city that has given us electricity into a raging inferno!
      (The fire reaches the railroad as our town's entire firefighter caste fights to save Mathew's industrial town from a raging inferno. Mathew hasn't built a fire station yet.)
      The fire spreads westward north of the houses and consumes the houses outside the town:
      Luckily, the rest of the town will be spared. After hours of hose spraying, we actually manage to get control of the inferno. Only a few houses are burnt down...
      The firefighters return to WL Town, and I stay over at WL River City.
      The next morning...we get treated to a small riot:
      One police station later:
      The riot is calmed. Some very angry citizens as a result of the fire (they lost all their possessions in the fire)
      The beautiful forest that surrounds this town are now charred and dead...
      Mathew: It's going take years for all those woods to grow back!
      Me: Hey look at the bright side, at least you won't feel guilty cutting those trees down to expand the town anymore!
      Mathew: True, I was going to expand westward eventually, but I used to love taking long walks through the woods and so did a lot of my citizens. That's one of the biggest reasons they live here. And man thank you so much for saving my town! My town wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for your firefighters!
      Me: Don't need to thank me, you saved my town from obliteration! (Chapter 2). For that I am eternally grateful.
      You save my city and I'll always save yours if you ever have trouble. That's what best friends are for!
      I return back to my town...
      ----------South Residential Expansion----------
      In order to meet the very high residential demands, a new residential sector will be created that extends south of the main town.
      Stats as of now before expansion:

We have nearly $25,000 in the bank and we're a modest $400 a month. Residential demand is up the roof!
      The roads are drawn...
      (Note that these roads were drawn before the gravel roads)
      New growth:
      Found the pics of the gravel roads being added!
      Before:
      After:
      (Six new windmills were built in order to meet power demands. We're producing 1200MW and receiving 1000MW from WL River Town)
      Schools are finally having an effect!
      A new DSW shoe warehouse store:

A new trail among the beautiful woods behind the store:
      Our population is now over 4000 sims, and we're making over $700 a month!
      New farms were built known as the North Farming Sector:
      Beautiful evening at Central Square
      Ghosts congregate at the cemetery, telling each other stories of the lives they lived and kids they scared
      The next day, we get hit by a thunderstorm...
      Storm season's been pretty quiet this year, although next year is predicted to be intense since there's an air current that comes down every couple years that allows severe storms. This is a weather pattern that results in tornadoes but only every 3-5 years.
      A downpour in an April afternoon:
      Some back yards are flooded but amid the rain the baseball and soccer teams still practice in the flooded fields!
      A few days later, the East Residential area gets an expansion:
      Even after the growth, residential demand is still very high. I finally decide to take the leap...
      I zone medium density residential and commercial around the central square area
      And up they go!
      This is a huge milestone, and the first sign of urbanization. They grow up so fast!
      ==========The First Apartments==========
      Medium density offices will soon be built here as well. The apartments line up around the Main Central Square area, which someday, will be the Down Town!
      Population is now over 5000 and we're making nearly $1000 a month!
      Now it's over 6000 and we're making over $1200 a month! We have $45,200 in the bank! That's the most we ever had!
      Let the good times continue!!!
      However...While the town may be booming now, all the new apartments have made traffic issues much worse:
      (Note the new mansion! Our first R-$$$ House, that's another milestone!)
      Mathew warned us about this.
      This brings us to the next major milestone:
      ==========The First Roads!==========
      The roads are paved along the Main Central Square and extend to North and South Industries (Where most people work)
      Much better! There's still some trouble spots but there's definitely improvement!
      Also take note that we tore down the six windmills that were around the cemetery. Mayor Mathew built a second coal power plant so now we're receiving 4000MW of power a month for only $243/month! That's much better than the $300/month for 1200MW of power from the windmills!
      In the mansion in the above image lives my friend Ben, the manager of one of the low density CO-$$$ business. Thanks to all the traffic, he was able to make huge profits and have a big mansion built right down the road so he only has to walk to work. He's done a lot of good things to this city!
      *Thunder*
      (Notices distant flashes of lightning in the night sky)
      Another powerful thunderstorm heads our way on this fine evening...
      On that note, let's end it here.
      To be continued...
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Stay tuned for Chapter 6!
      Story Summary (For those who are in a rush)
      A lot has happened in this chapter! First we saved the neighboring city (Woodland River Town) from a raging wall of fire by sending our firefighters from our town, to which Mayor Mathew highly appreciated. We got back, and expanded the east housing in our town, got hit by a few thunderstorms, built more farms, created a south residential area, first apartments, first mansion (R-$$$) and first paved roads ever. We also got our power deal increased from 1000MW/m to 4000MW/m, and we no longer need power plants. All the power we receive now comes from Mathew's town.
      Population has increased from 2000 to 6100 and profit from $400 to $1200 a month.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Comment Replies from last Update (Chapter 4 Part 2)
      @Tonraq: I'm glad too! Loans ain't cheap!
      @Kim Sunwoo: Thank Mayor Mathew for that, if he didn't come in and stop the obliteration, this journal would really be a two-update short story!
      @dabadon5: Thank you!
      @Paulobergonci: Glad you like it! I want to play the game as fair but realistically as possible, and balance things out. I'll always make beautiful shots but also show normal in-game shots as this city grows. One day when it hits 1 million we can look back to this update and remember the memories!
      @anytownUSA: It is indeed. You'll later on see another town (in a future update) that learned the hard way about growth...
      @VonCheese: That's what makes the game fun, I enjoy a challenge! I want to show the beauty of this game and Photoshop as well without neglecting the core aspects of the game play! At heart, this CJ is about a town that goes from 0 to 1 million sims, and every obstacle it overcomes. It's the story that makes it interesting, and this is still only the beginning of this journey!
      @jolteon: Thank you! And I did by using Paint.Net, creating a 2nd layer, creating white blobs and blurring and distorting (use dents) them then repeating until they were realistic enough. (Hint: Multiple layers of different shades of white) Before that, I also took a pic of both cities and pasted them together (I'll post a tutorial later down the road)
    • By pcwhiz24
      This is the story of a humble little town with big dreams, dreams to become a metropolis, and overcome major obstacles.
       In this journal, the Mayor (Me) will take on the challenge of starting with the zero simoleons mod, and build a city that will reach 1 million sims population, from nothing! (On hard mode of course)
      I can't take this on alone without sharing this, so I will document every step and every obstacle I encounter to ultimately achieve such a huge undertaking, and I will need all the help I can get! Together, we shall do this, test your knowledge of this game and help this city grow.
      The screenshots will be a mix of unedited with UI, and more aesthetic ones for the story. This journal will go in depth into the struggles the mayor and how he builds a city in an unforgiving world.
      The World... Also, these cities are in the same planet as The World Journal!   Where does this take place?   Note that this does not take place on Earth but on another Earth-like planet that hasn't been discovered in real life. There will be way more information on this later on in the story, including space shots but here's the general summary:  It is close to our sun as well in our Galaxy. The differences in these worlds are, it's slightly smaller than Earth, (gravity 95% of Earth, 100 pound on Earth = 95 pounds on here). The planet is referred to as "Earth" by it's inhabitants, but we have no name for it yet. It has two smaller moons as opposed to one, and due to it's tilt and moons, every 10-20 years, there is major climate instability for about a year. Instead of Countries, it is divided into several republics their sub-divisions. The two main ones to worry about are the Blue Republic and White Republic. Cities can register once their considered a "city" to them depending on their political affiliations. (Democratic, etc.) There are many cultures around the world. White republic are primarily English/American-like, while Blue Republic are more European, English, Italian, French, etc. There are wars, there is famine, and problems just like our Earth, with the climate leveling the playing field every decade or two.     I will be using no cheats, no demand mods or any major game-altering mods (other than the zero simoleon mod). Only NAM with CLASSIC traffic controller (the standard Maxis one) installed. Basically, this is almost the same UN-modded SC4 deluxe game but with cosmetic mods and buildings.
      Before I start, I choose my starting Mods, NAM being the first one of course:
      Note the classic traffic Simulator is selected, to make it harder for me
      Here is the plugins folder I'm using for all this:
      If there's any mods you guys recommend, please don't hesitate to tell me! (unless it's a cheaty-mod!) Basically...this is it for now. All the mods I need.
      I will add many more mods to this game, whether this could be larger custom BAT schools/hospitals or fire/police stations. The only rule is: No Cheat mods or anything that gives me an "unfair advantage." If it makes the game harder however, then I'll take it! 

The Beginning...
      We start out on a large map, with plenty of land for 1 million sims, and a beach south east. It has lots of forests, a few small hills and large plains. The only downside is that the location of the map is highly conductive to super-cell thunderstorms, making it highly prone to tornadoes and waterspouts (kind of like tornado alley), flooding and electrical storms.
      The settlers find the perfect spot, a nice little patch surrounded by beautiful lodge poles, oaks and many other types of trees:
      Take note, there is absolutely NO money to start with. How is this possible, you may ask?
      With a nice little $5000 loan of course!
      The city shall be named "Woodland Metropolis II"
      With no other choice, we will have to start our city in debt!
      We'll have to spend our money wisely, and we shall start very small...
      A small simple street.
      It's all we need for now. The Windmill seems like the perfect plant to begin with. We lower the budget to 10!
      A challenge like this really makes you keep mind of your budget, and to truly minimize your expenses. It'll be a while before I become profitable!
      We have a nice, small little town! Unfortunately, we're already at a loss...We're losing $30 a month, most of which is coming from the loan payments!
      Two small shops, a few houses and two farms makes up this quaint little village. It's hard to believe that one day, this place will have 1 million sims!
      In a desperate attempt, I zoned a small industrial factory just north of the two stores;
      But this required raising the funding for the Windmill to supply the power to the hungry factory! We're making more money but we're also losing more money! This could be the beginning and the end, with only $273 left!
      (Note how the main loss is from the loans, but we can't afford to wait can we?)
      So here we stand, with our money dwindling, we are already losing this town. Is this the end? The shortest City journal ever to grace Simtropolis?
      We have three options:
      1. raise the taxes,
      2. Take out another loan
      3. Invest the rest of what we have and cross my fingers...
      Woodland Metropolis II has over 90 Sims, all low wealth, with two shops, two farms and a factory.
      We need your help! What can we do? Comment below for suggestions and we shall see in the next update if the crisis is resolved! Stay tuned...
    • By nofunk
      Happy 100 million downloads on the STEX!

The Centre Building stands at 212 W. Wisconsin Avenue in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Originally opened as the Grand Warner Theatre in 1931, the 12-story Art Deco office tower is now home to the Center Theatre Corporation and the Downtown Milwaukee visitor center. Its elaborate trompe l'oeil mural on the east wall makes it a landmark on the city's Wisconsin Avenue corridor.

The Centre Building provides 331 CO$$ jobs. Add this Midwest gem to your city today!

A collaboration between nofunk and Jasoncw! Special thanks to Jasoncw for the fantastic texture work!

- 1x2 growable and ploppable CO$$ versions
      - Grows in the New York tileset
      - Available in MaxisNite and DarkNite
      - DarkNite requires the Day and Nite Modd

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments