• Moose

7 Screenshots

About This File

A bit late to the party, my first map*.

Made using Google and Paint.net, it's basic, mostly flat and fairly large.

Scale was beaten up and left for dead.

*(Not even my first Big Earth Map! My bad - Please also see "Another Big Earth Map" too)

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See Changelog

Released

It's the same except bigger and better.

Please post pictures of your first World Wide Land Transportation Network.

3 people like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

BugeyedDragon

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I like it, very big and nobody'd fill it all up, but i still really like it

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
XxArturoJuliboxX

·
  Edited by TM Tube

I Like United States, Argentine, Uruguay, Brasil, Mexico And Everyone of Latin America, :D

But i'm From Europe, but I Like France, Germany And Romania That is My Country!!! :D

I Like South America, Notrh America And American Centre. Europe And Japan!!! :D

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By DerAmberger
      Ok. This is my first creation. First, I want your honest opinion. It`s a bit messy and you might need to change some roads but everything should be working. If you have any ideas how I can improve this junction, please tell me.
    • By pcwhiz24
      This is the story of a humble little town with big dreams, dreams to become a metropolis, and overcome major obstacles.
       In this journal, the Mayor (Me) will take on the challenge of starting with the zero simoleons mod, and build a city that will reach 1 million sims population, from nothing! (On hard mode of course)
      I can't take this on alone without sharing this, so I will document every step and every obstacle I encounter to ultimately achieve such a huge undertaking, and I will need all the help I can get! Together, we shall do this, test your knowledge of this game and help this city grow.
      The screenshots will be a mix of unedited with UI, and more aesthetic ones for the story. This journal will go in depth into the struggles the mayor and how he builds a city in an unforgiving world.
      The World... Also, these cities are in the same planet as The World Journal!   Where does this take place?   Note that this does not take place on Earth but on another Earth-like planet that hasn't been discovered in real life. There will be way more information on this later on in the story, including space shots but here's the general summary:  It is close to our sun as well in our Galaxy. The differences in these worlds are, it's slightly smaller than Earth, (gravity 95% of Earth, 100 pound on Earth = 95 pounds on here). The planet is referred to as "Earth" by it's inhabitants, but we have no name for it yet. It has two smaller moons as opposed to one, and due to it's tilt and moons, every 10-20 years, there is major climate instability for about a year. Instead of Countries, it is divided into several republics their sub-divisions. The two main ones to worry about are the Blue Republic and White Republic. Cities can register once their considered a "city" to them depending on their political affiliations. (Democratic, etc.) There are many cultures around the world. White republic are primarily English/American-like, while Blue Republic are more European, English, Italian, French, etc. There are wars, there is famine, and problems just like our Earth, with the climate leveling the playing field every decade or two.     I will be using no cheats, no demand mods or any major game-altering mods (other than the zero simoleon mod). Only NAM with CLASSIC traffic controller (the standard Maxis one) installed. Basically, this is almost the same UN-modded SC4 deluxe game but with cosmetic mods and buildings.
      Before I start, I choose my starting Mods, NAM being the first one of course:
      Note the classic traffic Simulator is selected, to make it harder for me
      Here is the plugins folder I'm using for all this:
      If there's any mods you guys recommend, please don't hesitate to tell me! (unless it's a cheaty-mod!) Basically...this is it for now. All the mods I need.
      I will add many more mods to this game, whether this could be larger custom BAT schools/hospitals or fire/police stations. The only rule is: No Cheat mods or anything that gives me an "unfair advantage." If it makes the game harder however, then I'll take it! 

The Beginning...
      We start out on a large map, with plenty of land for 1 million sims, and a beach south east. It has lots of forests, a few small hills and large plains. The only downside is that the location of the map is highly conductive to super-cell thunderstorms, making it highly prone to tornadoes and waterspouts (kind of like tornado alley), flooding and electrical storms.
      The settlers find the perfect spot, a nice little patch surrounded by beautiful lodge poles, oaks and many other types of trees:
      Take note, there is absolutely NO money to start with. How is this possible, you may ask?
      With a nice little $5000 loan of course!
      The city shall be named "Woodland Metropolis II"
      With no other choice, we will have to start our city in debt!
      We'll have to spend our money wisely, and we shall start very small...
      A small simple street.
      It's all we need for now. The Windmill seems like the perfect plant to begin with. We lower the budget to 10!
      A challenge like this really makes you keep mind of your budget, and to truly minimize your expenses. It'll be a while before I become profitable!
      We have a nice, small little town! Unfortunately, we're already at a loss...We're losing $30 a month, most of which is coming from the loan payments!
      Two small shops, a few houses and two farms makes up this quaint little village. It's hard to believe that one day, this place will have 1 million sims!
      In a desperate attempt, I zoned a small industrial factory just north of the two stores;
      But this required raising the funding for the Windmill to supply the power to the hungry factory! We're making more money but we're also losing more money! This could be the beginning and the end, with only $273 left!
      (Note how the main loss is from the loans, but we can't afford to wait can we?)
      So here we stand, with our money dwindling, we are already losing this town. Is this the end? The shortest City journal ever to grace Simtropolis?
      We have three options:
      1. raise the taxes,
      2. Take out another loan
      3. Invest the rest of what we have and cross my fingers...
      Woodland Metropolis II has over 90 Sims, all low wealth, with two shops, two farms and a factory.
      We need your help! What can we do? Comment below for suggestions and we shall see in the next update if the crisis is resolved! Stay tuned...
    • By RandyE
      MAP FILES INCLUDED: Folder: Earth Grayscale Heightmaps
      01_Earth_257x257_1x1_Signature.bmp
      02_Earth_513x257_1x2_Hemispheres.bmp
      03_Earth_513x513_2x2_Squared.bmp
      04_Earth_769x513_2x3_Continents.bmp
      05_Earth_769x513_2x3_Relief.bmp
      All files listed above and below are in the same sequence as the previews.
      Folder: Regions
      Earth Signature 1x1
      Earth Hemispheres 1x2
      Earth Squared 2x2
      Earth Continents 2x3
      Earth Relief 2x3
      The following text is contained in the zipfile in readme.txt and HTML.
      INSTALL the REGIONS Folder:  SC4M Earth 2x3 Relief
      I have included an .SC4M map of the '05_Earth_769x513_2x3_Relief' map in a new folder.  To load the map in SC4 Mapper, click on 'Create Region' and select 'Grayscale'.  SC4 Mapper creates the city files and a config.bmp file by default, but not a region.ini file.  A region.ini file is included in the folder which may be cut and pasted into the Region folder SC4 Mapper creates.  Included above are 2 new previews (to the right) showing an image from SC4 Mapper, and the rendered map in 'SC4 Region View.'

FOR ALL OTHER MAPS using the SC4 in-game Map Renderer
      From the unzipped 'Regions' folder select any or all of the sub folders, cut and paste into your user  '/Documents/ SimCity 4/Regions' folder.   Each of the Regions will then appear in your 'Region' menu in the game with the same name as the folder.  Each folder contains a region.ini file and a config.bmp file, defining the name and layout of the region.
      The 'Earth Signature' region is a 1x1 large city tile, containing only one large blank terra-formed tile.  This folder also contains 1 city file (662k) named 'City - New City.sc4'.  This region does not have to be rendered and may be viewed and used immediately in the game.  The city has not been 'Start'ed so is still named 'City - New City.sc4'.  
      All other region folders only contain the region.ini and config.bmp files, the maps must be rendered in SC4 region view using the included grayscale heightmaps in .bmp (256 indexed grayscale 8-bit) format.
      The grayscale heightmaps in this package were hand designed for use with the SC4 in-game map renderer using a popular color relief map.  If you use SC4 Mapper or Terraformer, smoother surfaces and smaller file sizes may be achieved, but elevation interpretation is different, generally the water level is one increment shallower, some land area may go under.
      Instructions for rendering the maps with SC4 can be found at the bottom of this page.
        SCALING in SC4 3D SPACE:  The maps are not proportionally scaled either horizontally or vertically, they only represent a general idea of area and height.  
      Horizontally, the term 'tile' is used for both the grid of squares in the city view and the grid of cities in the region view.  One city view tile is 16m x16m, and one large city tile in region view is 4km x 4km.  
      Grid lines in city view may be toggled on/off by pressing the 'g' key.  Grid lines in region view may be switched on/off by checking/unchecking 'Show City Boundaries'.
      Vertically, buildings are scaled in (cubic) meters, but land area and elevations are more often very disproportional. In my 'Earth Relief' map one increment of land in region view is about equal to 1800m, so 5 increments from sea level is the highest point on Earth at near 9000m.   
      There are 62 (62 x 1800m) increments from the bottom of the sea in SC4 to the top of its 3D space, sea level cannot be raised or lowered from its 6 increment setting.  In terms of my 'Relief Map' then 6 x 1800m is the deepest surface below sea level at 10,800m, almost 11 kilometers.  Actual scientific measurements indicate about the same depth.
      Consistently, the top of SC4 space is (62 x 1800) 111,600m, about 112km above the solid surface of the Earth.   Objects below about 160km in orbit are considered to be below "Low Earth Orbit".  The International Space Station orbits at about 3 times the height of SC4 space in the same spherical area defined as the 'Thermosphere' of the Earth.
       INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:  1.) Launch SC4. In Region View use the Load Region scroll menu to locate and open the region you want. 
       2.) In Region View press CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-R.  You should now have a window in the top-left corner.  
       3.) Navigate to the 'Earth Grayscale Heightmaps' subfolder in the unzipped 'SC4 Earth Maps 256 Grayscale' folder.
       4.) Scroll to the bitmap (.bmp) corresponding to the region you have selected and click 'Okay'.   (The exact file names of the region and map must match)
      The simulator should begin processing the map.  If successful, you will see the region with city layout.  The processing takes from a few minutes to several minutes to complete.  
      --/--
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments