• Moose

American School Bus Prop Pack 1.0.1

(5.00)    (7 Reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

In the largely low density population centers of the United States, how does one get their children to school if they can't drive them? Schools are often too far (or the cities are too unsafe) for the children to walk there, and public transit is hard to come by. The answer?

The yellow limousine.

kOntGmQ.jpg

Whoops, I meant the school bus.

How do you know that you're on a school bus? You might see dirty windows that are impossibly difficult to slide open, and the floor might be strewn with lost homework. Used gum will likely cover the bottom of every seat. You might feel very hot during the summertime because there's no air conditioning... or if there is, the unit will leak on people who sit under it. You may also notice that every other vehicle on the road is passing you, including city buses and garbage trucks... but you'll only notice this if you can keep your thoughts straight while your brain is rattled by every bump in the road. Yes, school buses really are the dream. They're something you dread getting on in the morning, but once you're on you wish that the bus will never stop... because once it does, you know you're at school.

---

OK, all comedy aside, this a simple prop pack that includes 20 HD models. It has 5 different bus designs rendered in 90 degree (ortho), 45 degree (diagonal), and both 22.5 degree (FA2) angles. Four of the buses are built off of a Navistar International truck chassis and the other one is a Ford E-Series bus with a handicap door.

These are not automata. I do not know how to make automata, and these models have far, far too many tris to be directly converted into automata. In other words, please don't ask me if these are automata and please don't ask me to make them into automata. Thanks. ;)

I have already tested the models and did not encounter any problems, but if you find a bug or issue, please post it here or on my BAT thread.

---

Please be advised: currently these props may not appear 100% right next to other car props made by other users. People who have made cars for SC4 over the years have adopted wildly different scales. Since my end-goal is to redefine the world of vehicle props for the game, I decided to use a near-realistic scale for my cars and trucks (probably somewhere between 100-110% scale). Because of this, they will appear small next to the shk cars and very small next to the VIP cars. The same problem plagues truck props made by different creators (or sometimes even the same creators... some people aren't consistent with their own scale!). They will look about right next to the Jim car props, but that set is rather limited (no angles). Eventually I'll release other sets of cars, trucks, and buses (and textures) so eventually there will be a unified scale that can be enjoyed using my props.

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See Changelog

Released

Fixed datpacked file name. No need to re-download the file if you already did, unless you want the .dat to be called "American School Buses" instead of "MRB."

B Derrick, bobolee, korver and 9 others like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SimCoug

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Perfect back to school surprise!  The details on your props are amazing, and your modeling and texture skills continue to improve.  Super work here!

Aaron Graham and MushyMushy like this

Share this review

Link to review
Aaron Graham

Great Work!!!! 5/5 :thumb:

I still want the modern school buses and the yellow roofs. I will be waiting. :)

BIWDC and MushyMushy like this

Share this review

Link to review
JP Schriefer

Wonderful addition! Now I need to look for a school to BAT and use it :ohyes:

MushyMushy likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Bipin

Fantastic work. Thank you!

MushyMushy likes this

Share this review

Link to review
sucram17

great! not for my euro cities but still a very well made pack.

MushyMushy likes this

Share this review

Link to review
kingofsimcity

Where's my school limo though?! :lol:

And it begins! Great work on these Mushy!

MushyMushy likes this

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/01/2017

We've had to spend on a few extra things for May but you guys have been great in helping us reach those goals! We're still just a bit shy,  if you can help out with a donation, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By sandcastle1122
      Hi all,
      I've been trying to build a custom region for a few days now but nothing seems to run properly. Specifically, I want to have lots of 4x4km maps and have seen a lot of tutorials on how to accomplish this. So far, I've been doing the following:
      1. Creating a new region in SimCity to harvest documents from (ie: "Template Region"), then quitting the game
      2. Going into SimCity 4 in my "Documents" folder, then into the Regions sub-folder, and creating a new folder (ie: "Test Region")
      3. Copy-pasting a region.ini from Template Region's folder into the new Test Region's folder, turning region.ini into a .txt, setting the value to "1" for ocean and entering "Test Region" as the name, then re-saving it as region.ini
      4. Copy-pasting the BMP from the Template Region's folder, editing all the colours in a graphics editor (Paintbrush for Mac) as follows: 255, 0, 0, for red, blue, and green respectively, blue = 4x4, green = 2x2, red = 1x1.
      5. Starting up SimCity 4

Then it crashes.

Can anyone think of what I'm doing wrong?? I have to delete the Test Region before I can get the program to run again, though I oddly got one test region working, albeit it was missing all the green (2x2) maps! 

Help greatly, greatly appreciated!
    • By huzman
      I searched a lot to see if something and anything about this theme, nada. I got myself a newish comp with WIN 8.1 (64). I would like to install SC4 D there, either the 640 or 641, as I have both. But I had more than my share of troubles with SC4 D and my old and dying XP-sp3.
    • By mattb325
      Eddy Hall, Minnesota, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by a picture posted by a member of Simtropolis, the real Eddy Hall was constructed in 1886 as the Mechanic Arts Building for the University of Minnesota.
      The actual building is a simplified Queen Anne style executed in red-brick and red sandstone trim. The square tower which is slightly offset from the centre of the building dominates the frontage; it, together with the multi-gabled roof, large windows, patterned brick panels and wrough iron cresting make this a charming, eye catching building.
      This version is not a 100% accurate copy, but it is true to the language of the architectural style of the original building and this is simply one that I made for myself, but have decided to share with the community.
      The lot comes in two flavours: a growable Commercial Services (3x2 and 3x3...there is always an insatiable need for CS§§§ in game) and a ploppable College on a 4x4 lot, which is found in the Education Menu.
      STATS CS§§§:
      Lot size :                  3x2 & 3x3
      Growth Stage:         4 & 5 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         §610
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 975, CS§§ 246, CS§§§100
      Pollution:                  6 (Air)/ 4 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:   28 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    249 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Services Building

STATS COLLEGE:
      Lot size :                  4x4
      Growth Stage:         Ploppable; Plop Cost §1,650
      Bulldoze Cost:         §140
      Catalogue Capacity:  4,000
      Pollution:                  3 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 1 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Coverage Radius:     5,600
      EQ Boost:                  24
      Power Consumed:   6 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    23 Gal/Month
      Occupant Group:      Civic; Strikable Education; College
      Cost:                           §650
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC BAT Props - Mattb325 Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746)
      *BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
      *SHK_ParkingPack.dat (

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks, and enjoy!

• By Fallschirmjag3R

Please don't reupload.
      https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqEBDyDot9BBhGPc77H7nlAccziq
    • By huzman
      I saw a little while ago some posts -maybe a thread- about shifting LHD to RHD. There was one about the registry key which did the trick. But on a new town I just started, the silly Sims went back to LHD.
      SO after a couple hours of searching, I couldn't find them.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• In case you're interested this is what I've got after extracting and installing the appropriate files.  Really no difference at all compared to when I first wrote you.
    • Do you know whether or not this file is compatible with SC4 on Steam?  I extracted the .7Z file and installed the files and I've still got nothing but a big blank lot.
    • Ahh, gotcha.  I'm using a Mac.  So the .7z file needs to be extracted.  That part I wasn't aware of, I just loaded the 7z file into my plugins folder.  I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!
    • Thought you might know it, but it was worth a shot. Ah yes, those real-estate photos - I had, in fact, seen an article about that blog somewhere and nearly forgotten about it afterwards, but then my sister gave me a tear-off calendar for Christmas: every day a horrible picture and a great one-liner. I love that stuff.
    • @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.