• Moose

Basaltic Sands Texture mod 1.0.0

(0.00)    (0 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

AKNOWLEGDEMENTS:

This mod would have much harder to do without the work of Rivit, creator of GoFSH and the original Coastal Modd. My job was simply to create and replace some images, then letting the program to do its magic.

DESCRIPTION:

When planning my upcoming CJ, based on a volcanic island, I noted the lack of a black texture to match basaltic sands: the available ones were granitic, grey sands, or overly black and unrealistic ones.

This newer sands should match adequately in any volcanic or basaltic coast, from Iceland to New Zealand, provided they are match with a dark cliff texture (there's an upcoming one from this part!). 

This mod replaces textures both for terrain and beach lot sands, including custom ones.

COMPATIBILITY:

Just asure you this mod is loaded AFTER anyone changing the default sand textures.
Also, being an SD texture, this is not compatible with HD terrain mods (like Gobias' and Lowkee ones), because they read the images as being four times bigger, stretching and pixelating them in the process. Also, those mods usually include their own sand textures.

LICENSE: <-- this time there's no typo :)

This mod has a Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial 4.0 International licence, what means you can use all its content directly or creating something derivately, while you give explicit attribution to all previous authors, and while you don't charge for accessing or using this content or a derivate you create of it.

To create the textures, I used a sand texture made by tatyana.

SUPPORT and HELP:

I made a development and support thread on Simtropolis, you can visit it with the following link:
matias93 Unexpected mod workshop

What's New in Version 1.0.0

Released

File type changed to zip

4 people like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

There are no reviews to display.

• Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By manueld832
      So I started building RHW(new to RHW btw) to reduce regional traffic then I notice that the trucks are constantly changing lanes or doing a zigzag movement........please help!!! 
      Here's a photo https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gij4k6il26idqj/20170329_232144.jpg?dl=0
    • By matias93

Southern winter vacations had arrived, and with them, free time to experiment with the game. After years of playing and roaming the site, a simple test on using a sidewalk mod overflowed on the creation of my own sidewalk mod, all thanks to the high tech advancements by Rivit and MGB (a.k.a. rsc204).
      Well, in fact it begun a little before: in March I uploaded a fictional map, and surprisingly, people is using it!
      So, to take advantage of the momentum already gained, I'm opening this thread, to give support on this couple of humble custom content I've done, but also to try creating something more. By now, I let you with what is already done:
      Ciudad del Lago (map)
      A 24x24 km square region with lots of hills and natural canals, and plenty of pre-terraformed plains to build
      Veredas Santiaguinas (sidewalk mod)
      A Santiago de Chile inspired SD sidewalk mod for Maxis networks, lots and NAM networks, made with MGB's Automated Sidewalk Mod. Now it also includes SCILT support!
      Basaltic Sands (sand and beach texture mod)
      Blackish SD sand textures for basaltic beaches, from Polynesia to Iceland
      Basalt Column Tiles (sidewalk mod)
      A SD sidewalk mod made of sliced basalt columns, for your hotspot-placed cities <-- working on this

Basalt Columns (cliff texture mod)
      A SD cliff texture that mimics basalt columns, with different hues for various locations: Iceland, Spain, Yellowstone, New Zeland, Taiwan, etc. <-- researching

m93 KOSC SuperSHK+ retexture for Veredas Santiaguinas and Sudden Valley (override of SuperSHK textures)
      What it says on the title  

• By RandyE
      These textures are freely useable and distributable for any SC4 user created content, if they are used in lot-making it is better to refer to them as a dependency and link back to this file to keep file space on the STEX free of mulitiple repeated content.  The texture data file is located in the FOLDER: Elements Textures DAT, 3 sample lots are in the FOLDER: Elements Sample Lots, and 1 7x8 test lot showing all 55 textures  is now included in the FOLDER:  Test Lot 7x8 Park. Also included are the 2 previews showing all the textures and this text in readme.txt and HTML.
      The texture '.dat' file size is 498K with 55 textures.  This volume is called 'Elements', including diagonal, broken, patterned and squared stone, dirt, grass, metal, pavement, sand, water and wood.  Also included are 3 sample lots found in the Parks Menu, each have been made functional for radical purposes of helping with start-up cash, reducing pollution and garbage, and recovery from nuclear meltdown.
      DAT FILE INCLUDED:
      FOLDER: Elements Textures DAT
      FILE: SC4_BaseTextures_Vol01_1_Elements.dat
      FOLDER: Test Lot 7x8 Park
      FILE: A0A_Base_Textures_Vol01_Elements_55_Test.SC4Lot
      This is one lot with all 55 textures in a 7x8 grid.  This lot may be used to preview the textures in-game, then delete. 
      FOLDER: Elements Sample Lots
      ---------------------------------------------
      1.) Subfolder: Patterned Grass (Anti Pollution)
      Menu description: Base Textures Elements (Anti-Pollution)
      Vol. 1: Grass Texture.  This lot is a sample which also provides some radical relief from pollution and garbage.
      Vol. 1: Elements, Use this lot as a registration mark for color and contrast.   In RGB, Red (255,0,0), Green (0, 255, 0), Blue (0, 0, 255), and Gray 50% (127, 127, 127).  This lot will radically decrease radiation.  Use this lot in the event of a nuclear power plant meltdown.  When you plop this lot you will see the Maxis 'Sparkles of Purification'.
      Vol. 1: Elements. 55 Textures: Stone, Dirt, Grass, Metal, Pavement, Sand, Water, Wood.   Use Lot Editor to see all the textures. This lot will radically increase your income by 50,000 Simoleons a month,  Use this lot to help get your city started, then bulldoze it.   When you plop this lot it will appear as a 'Business Deal' in your budget panel.

The texture images are derivatives of images from a variety of commonly, freely shared sources, hand re-worked for use with SC4.  The design of the textures leans toward lower contrast, saturation and brightness as more usual in realism, and for dimmer screens.  
      If using them for creating and distributing SC4 lots the '.FSH' file may be extracted and included as a '.DAT', but don't re-distribute changed associations between the image and the ID (instance) as that could impact another user of the file.  No crediting is required, but no claim of original artwork should be made if redistributing them with SC4 lots.
      The Texture ID Range was assigned by the BSC Texture Index at SC4 Devotion.  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2101.0  To redistribute variations of the textures or to make your own, request and use a unique personal Texture ID Range at SC4D.
      ---/---
    • By pcwhiz24
      This is the story of a humble little town with big dreams, dreams to become a metropolis, and overcome major obstacles.
       In this journal, the Mayor (Me) will take on the challenge of starting with the zero simoleons mod, and build a city that will reach 1 million sims population, from nothing! (On hard mode of course)
      I can't take this on alone without sharing this, so I will document every step and every obstacle I encounter to ultimately achieve such a huge undertaking, and I will need all the help I can get! Together, we shall do this, test your knowledge of this game and help this city grow.
      The screenshots will be a mix of unedited with UI, and more aesthetic ones for the story. This journal will go in depth into the struggles the mayor and how he builds a city in an unforgiving world.
      The World... Also, these cities are in the same planet as The World Journal!   Where does this take place?   Note that this does not take place on Earth but on another Earth-like planet that hasn't been discovered in real life. There will be way more information on this later on in the story, including space shots but here's the general summary:  It is close to our sun as well in our Galaxy. The differences in these worlds are, it's slightly smaller than Earth, (gravity 95% of Earth, 100 pound on Earth = 95 pounds on here). The planet is referred to as "Earth" by it's inhabitants, but we have no name for it yet. It has two smaller moons as opposed to one, and due to it's tilt and moons, every 10-20 years, there is major climate instability for about a year. Instead of Countries, it is divided into several republics their sub-divisions. The two main ones to worry about are the Blue Republic and White Republic. Cities can register once their considered a "city" to them depending on their political affiliations. (Democratic, etc.) There are many cultures around the world. White republic are primarily English/American-like, while Blue Republic are more European, English, Italian, French, etc. There are wars, there is famine, and problems just like our Earth, with the climate leveling the playing field every decade or two.     I will be using no cheats, no demand mods or any major game-altering mods (other than the zero simoleon mod). Only NAM with CLASSIC traffic controller (the standard Maxis one) installed. Basically, this is almost the same UN-modded SC4 deluxe game but with cosmetic mods and buildings.
      Before I start, I choose my starting Mods, NAM being the first one of course:
      Note the classic traffic Simulator is selected, to make it harder for me
      Here is the plugins folder I'm using for all this:
      If there's any mods you guys recommend, please don't hesitate to tell me! (unless it's a cheaty-mod!) Basically...this is it for now. All the mods I need.
      I will add many more mods to this game, whether this could be larger custom BAT schools/hospitals or fire/police stations. The only rule is: No Cheat mods or anything that gives me an "unfair advantage." If it makes the game harder however, then I'll take it! 

The Beginning...
      We start out on a large map, with plenty of land for 1 million sims, and a beach south east. It has lots of forests, a few small hills and large plains. The only downside is that the location of the map is highly conductive to super-cell thunderstorms, making it highly prone to tornadoes and waterspouts (kind of like tornado alley), flooding and electrical storms.
      The settlers find the perfect spot, a nice little patch surrounded by beautiful lodge poles, oaks and many other types of trees:
      Take note, there is absolutely NO money to start with. How is this possible, you may ask?
      With a nice little $5000 loan of course!
      The city shall be named "Woodland Metropolis II"
      With no other choice, we will have to start our city in debt!
      We'll have to spend our money wisely, and we shall start very small...
      A small simple street.
      It's all we need for now. The Windmill seems like the perfect plant to begin with. We lower the budget to 10!
      A challenge like this really makes you keep mind of your budget, and to truly minimize your expenses. It'll be a while before I become profitable!
      We have a nice, small little town! Unfortunately, we're already at a loss...We're losing $30 a month, most of which is coming from the loan payments!
      Two small shops, a few houses and two farms makes up this quaint little village. It's hard to believe that one day, this place will have 1 million sims!
      In a desperate attempt, I zoned a small industrial factory just north of the two stores;
      But this required raising the funding for the Windmill to supply the power to the hungry factory! We're making more money but we're also losing more money! This could be the beginning and the end, with only $273 left!
      (Note how the main loss is from the loans, but we can't afford to wait can we?)
      So here we stand, with our money dwindling, we are already losing this town. Is this the end? The shortest City journal ever to grace Simtropolis?
      We have three options:
      1. raise the taxes,
      2. Take out another loan
      3. Invest the rest of what we have and cross my fingers...
      Woodland Metropolis II has over 90 Sims, all low wealth, with two shops, two farms and a factory.
      We need your help! What can we do? Comment below for suggestions and we shall see in the next update if the crisis is resolved! Stay tuned...
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments