• Moose

Basaltic Sands Texture mod 1.0.0

(0.00)    (0 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

AKNOWLEGDEMENTS:

This mod would have much harder to do without the work of Rivit, creator of GoFSH and the original Coastal Modd. My job was simply to create and replace some images, then letting the program to do its magic.

DESCRIPTION:

When planning my upcoming CJ, based on a volcanic island, I noted the lack of a black texture to match basaltic sands: the available ones were granitic, grey sands, or overly black and unrealistic ones.

This newer sands should match adequately in any volcanic or basaltic coast, from Iceland to New Zealand, provided they are match with a dark cliff texture (there's an upcoming one from this part!). 

This mod replaces textures both for terrain and beach lot sands, including custom ones.

COMPATIBILITY:

Just asure you this mod is loaded AFTER anyone changing the default sand textures.
Also, being an SD texture, this is not compatible with HD terrain mods (like Gobias' and Lowkee ones), because they read the images as being four times bigger, stretching and pixelating them in the process. Also, those mods usually include their own sand textures.

LICENSE: <-- this time there's no typo :)

This mod has a Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial 4.0 International licence, what means you can use all its content directly or creating something derivately, while you give explicit attribution to all previous authors, and while you don't charge for accessing or using this content or a derivate you create of it.

To create the textures, I used a sand texture made by tatyana.

SUPPORT and HELP:

I made a development and support thread on Simtropolis, you can visit it with the following link:
matias93 Unexpected mod workshop

What's New in Version 1.0.0

Released

File type changed to zip

bobolee, nos.17, Alan Waters and 1 other like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

There are no reviews to display.

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/01/2017

We've had to spend on a few extra things for May but you guys have been great in helping us reach those goals! We're still just a bit shy,  if you can help out with a donation, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By MisterBlueStar4
      The great mod known as sun shafts has finally come back!
      https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=933513277
    • By TSM.E3
      1: What mod is the sunken highway walls? http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/CorinaPics/TSM.E3 Walls_zpsejhhtdv9.jpg
      2: Those ploppable trees that are put between the zones
      3: And the ploppables between the one-way road avenues  http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/CorinaPics/TSM.E3 Trees_zps1zljvw8x.jpg

• By Babyhead Gaming
      What is the best camera mod for playing and detailing as I record my footage for lets play on YouTube ?
    • By Miccrosshill
      Hi there,

i have a hard time with texturing my models .. after releasing the first ones i checked some other on the workshop and i was surprised how small they are (filesize). My models are smaller one (3*4) and when i switch to 1024*1024 for the texture - i got so blurry textures ingame that i want them to be seen.
      I tried to make the uv better for my models (resize them that mainstructures got the most part) - i looked for better textures - but i am not capable to get a satisfactory result.
      maybe some of you can give me some help to get better at texturing without blowing the filesize for each Model ~ 10MB.

Thats an actual model i working at with 1024*1024 texture:

the same model with a 2048*2048 texture :

As you can see they detail n the second is so much higher and on the first one it is just one "blurr".
      This is my uv-map :

i resized all important big areas to 1.5 - so details would be better - but i have not really luck with that.

I am really stuck at this moment .. having 3 models ready to release but they look only good with 2048² textures and have a filesize about 10 MB - when i check Jz´s Rusty Warehouse 2 - it has only 2.8 MB - shows me that i am doing something wrong.

thanks for any help/hint/suggetsion and sorry for opening a new thread for this

mic

• By huzman
      I found a couple posts about building roads up some hills, but I couldn't find them again. I followed the "how to grow a gentle slope" but that is on a flat land.
      What I want to find is how to climb a hill with roads upwards. I tried terraforming with RR but that just flatens the terrain, and NOT climb up a hill. I won't go for the 45 degrees climb that Maxis allows, they look ridiculous. Any ideas ?
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• In case you're interested this is what I've got after extracting and installing the appropriate files.  Really no difference at all compared to when I first wrote you.
    • Do you know whether or not this file is compatible with SC4 on Steam?  I extracted the .7Z file and installed the files and I've still got nothing but a big blank lot.
    • Ahh, gotcha.  I'm using a Mac.  So the .7z file needs to be extracted.  That part I wasn't aware of, I just loaded the 7z file into my plugins folder.  I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!
    • Thought you might know it, but it was worth a shot. Ah yes, those real-estate photos - I had, in fact, seen an article about that blog somewhere and nearly forgotten about it afterwards, but then my sister gave me a tear-off calendar for Christmas: every day a horrible picture and a great one-liner. I love that stuff.
    • @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.