Cape York / Blue Summit 1.0.0

(0.00)    (0 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Hi everybody,

I created this map two years ago to start a new region, I'm still working on my cities because this map simply gives a lot of space and (to me) is still interesting to build on. Two years after making this I still haven't changed a lot since putting it into use.... Making this map alone took quite some time...So I thought If I like it (and I'm very picky about maps -that's why I originally started this project) maybe some people would like to try this also.

So this is my map of Cape York or Blue Summit (still can't decide which name is better... what do you think?). It's 11x13 huge tiles. That's 44kmx52km = 2.288 km²!

It's loosely inspired by the region of Eureka, CA and Astoria, OR mixed together with the mountains of Olympic National Park, WA. Maybe I even used original map data and somehow meshed it together with paint, I can't even remember. Expect a very complex river delta made from three rivers confluencing in this region, very extensive riparian and zones and marsh inland, lots of plain space to build on. Many possibles sites for a harbour of biggest dimensions, marinas, "Manhattan-like" island downtowns, suburbs all the way up to the horizon, international airports, it all fits on this map.

I'm using the CPT_OlympicTerrainMod http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1637 ( with Columbus Terrain Mod as dependency...?) I recommend very much the CPT_No7a_OlympicCoast_TreeController  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1638 if you plan to set it in the Pacific Northwest.

I also like RVT Coastal Mod - by rivit http://workingman-productions.co.uk/downloads/rivit_coastal.html. The grey Beach fits quite well to the Pacific northwest I suppose. Rivit's Coastal Mod has some nice choices for water, as well. Until now I couldn't decide though which is the perfect water for it, would love to hear some recommendations. I also use the excellent:

It comes as greyscale-png and .sc4m file, so you can alter it beforehand. I've to admit there's some blind spots in the most eastern border, but I literally lost all creativity shortly before reaching the finish line *:D But it's a really small area, you won't settle there a long time.

Maybe I can post a rendered screen if there's demand...

Have fun with this one

Overview CityBorders small.jpg

Overview CityBorders small.jpg

578e477d4b26d_OverviewCityBorderssmall.thumb.jpg.f0cf650fe2b533d974c9c96345b0dbc9.jpg

User Feedback