• Moose

6 Screenshots

About This File

The Islas Marías ("Mary Islands") are an archipelago of four islands that belong to Mexico. They are located in the Pacific Ocean, some 100 km (62 mi) off the coast of the state of Nayarit. They are part of the municipality of San Blas, Nayarit. As of 2011, the islands are still being used as a penal colony, containing the Islas Marias Federal Prison. The islands have an aggregate area of 244.970 km². 1,116 people lived on Isla María Madre as of the census of 2005. The other islands are uninhabited. The next two largest islands are Isla María Magdalena (70.440 km²) and, further south, Isla María Cleofas (19.818 km²). They were named after three women called Mary in the Biblical New Testament: respectively, Mary, the mother of Jesus, Mary Magdalene, and Mary, the wife of Cleopas, and are referred to as the Tres Marias. A smaller island, Isla San Juanito (not visible/accessible in this map), with an area of 9.105 km² lies off the north coast of Isla María Madre.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islas_Marías

This map includes a piece of Isla Mariá Madre, Isla Mariá Cleofas in its entirety, and the main focus of the map, Isla Mariá Magdalena. Mariá Cleofas is not usable, and only a piece of Mariá Madre is. Mariá Madre unrealistically contains oil and a railway connection, created to ease the gameplay, as the map is hard enough already. You're more than welcome to abandon the highway and play the game realistically, starting off with a harbor rather than a road connection. Both air and ship lines are available. The map prioritizes Mariá Magdalena significantly, and in stock gameplay, you'll face a difficult choice regarding where to expand. The map is medium difficulty, but harder than my Maio, Cape Verde map. No animals here, European theme. Have fun.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

There are no reviews to display.

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/01/2017

We've had to spend on a few extra things for May but you guys have been great in helping us reach those goals! We're still just a bit shy,  if you can help out with a donation, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Sparks44
      Now when I start the game my user game state disappears from the local folder? It always uses a state with some mods and assets enabled, which I can change and then play.
      But I have to change them every time I start the game now. Any ideas much appreciated.
      After loading just now all my mods were gone even the vanilla ones. And I couldn't disable all my assets at once like I normally can.
    • By kingleno
      Been a minute since I've posted here, but here's a few things in various stages that I've been working on lately. 
      *update for my Macy's
      *Dillard's
      *couple of seafood restaurants
      *Riverboat that never got off the ground that i'm thinking about reviving. 

• By TSM.E3
      Any good European rural/mid-rise BATs that you guys can suggest? having a hard time finding BATs, all i see are towering buildings which i am not a fan of.
    • By Horus_Kol
      I've been lurking about the forums for a good long while since my last journal (which, unfortunately, is not to be resurrected) - and trying out a few different approaches to the game before settling on a style/gameplay that hopefully will be sustainable in between real life. I think Delvedene failed because it was far too ambitious - finding all the perfect mods and assets, along with the micro-management of things like farms and stuff got in the way of enjoying the game.
      So, I'm playing one of the vanilla maps, unlocking everything (including all 25 areas - I was hoping to use Area Enabler, but that's broken since the last DLC, so I had to spend most of my money buying all the areas - on the other hand, having a reasonably limited amount of money helps me to prevent just wallpapering the map with cityscape ), and removing all the highways and railway.
      What I like about the vanilla maps is that they offer wide grassland areas surrounded by woods, which offer a natural limit to town growth. Contours are also a good guide (anyone know how to get the game to keep contours on display when laying down road?) What I don't like about the vanilla maps is the prebuilt highway network. I also don't like the rate at which you unlock new areas with population growth: you end up being forced into super dense small towns.
      ----
      Chelsea
      The town of Chelsea currently stretches along one main road (which will go on to connect to another town by the river later - below the image), with three other roads: the first, leading into Stepano (right of the image) - the industrial estate where most of the Chelsea residents work; another leading to the Cockerell farms (top left); and the third heading off to where yet another town is planned (to the left).
      In the background you can see Mt Chelsea.

Chelsea again, from a different angle (Stepano to the bottom). You can see a thin belt of trees separating Chelsea from another grassland area where the next town is planned (mid-left). In the background is Mt Runcorn, where an old fortification sits (put there by the map designers, but just outside the 25 tile limit).

And a closeup of the Chelsea Cemetary, surrounded by some parklands (open space is going to be a big deal in these towns - I am desperately trying to avoid wall-to-wall buildings).

• By Dalangs84
      Hi I've got SimCity Cities of Tomorrow downloaded via Origin. Can I download new regions/maps or make my own? If so where can I find them and how do I install them? (Idiot's guide).
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments