About This File
Many of you are familiar with the New Zones View in TSCT:
What this does is enable the game to also show the Traffic, the Water Connectors, the Retaining Walls and Tall Foundations on lots, and the Wildlife in addition to the Subway Tunnels of NAM's version. It hides the Trees which was my initial motivation for looking into (and learning) how to do this.
There are two files attached:
- Cori's Tweaked NetworkAddonMod_Zone_Data_View No Props.dat
- Cori's Tweaked NetworkAddonMod_Zone_Data_View With Props.dat
I personally don't care for showing the Props, but I believe that's an option in TSCT to show the neighbor connection arrows on roads and rails as well as the various Zots so I've included a With Props version too. Showing the props might also be useful for when there is a missing prop dependency and you want to see them without the buildings in the way.
To install, just drop one or the other .dat file into your Plugins Folder. This will work with plain vanilla if you like. For the other 99.9% of the peeps, you'll want to delete NAM's NetworkAddonMod_Zone_Data_View.dat file located in the Network Addon Mod folder. You can do that manually or just run TSCT and uncheck the top box for Use new Zones View then Save and it'll delete the relevant file for you.
For the curious, there are more specific details in my post here. Mostly this part for what hex value does what:
On 6/4/2016 at 10:46 PM, CorinaMarie said:
- 0xC772BF98 is for Subway Tunnels
- 0xA823821E is for Props (which includes Zots and Road and Rail Nbr Arrows)
- 0x74758926 is for my Trees so I can hide them (vanilla ones, dunno about tree mods)
- 0x 278128A0 is for Buildings
- 0x496E5783 is for Wildlife
- 0xC7CC75F1 is for Traffic
- 0x480E6151 is for Small Planes at my airport
- 0x2A183167 is for Pipe Connectors
- 0x68FD0C69 is for lots with Retaining Walls and Tall Foundations
- The others are still unknown to me
There are No Dependencies for this.
Edit: On the off chance peeps like this and want to host it on other sites, you may do so provided you give me credit. Include a link to this thread and a link to my profile here at Simtropolis. (Helps insure against loss if anything should happen to our beloved ST.)